Suggestions for LA & Surrounding area??

Lissete

Mouseketeer
My DH & I will be taking a last minute trip to LA from 4/25-4/30. We vacationed in California last year and saw (& did)quite a bit. Last year we did Disney, Hollywood Blvd, Santa Monica Pier, Rodeo Dr., we drove around Malibu, Long Beach & the Queen Mary. We also went to the Getty Center and took the WB Tour. We would like to do things that we didn't do last time and would appreciate any suggestions. We are considering a day trip to San Diego, but am not convinced about the 4 hour round trip.

Have any of you gone to the Comedy & Magic Club in Hermosa Bch? Is it a good show & is it worth a visit?

TIA!

If you're looking for a laugh, I would definitely recommend you check out the Groundlings. It's an improv sketch comedy group and I believe they play about 5-6 nights a week. Many of the alumni have gone to do big things like Will Farrell, Phil Hartman, and Molly Shannon.

As for other things to do, I looks like you covered most of the area west of Downtown LA. How about checking out downtown itself. Many people might crucify me for recommending this, but I happen to like it.

Yes, it's not as lively as other downtown cities, but it's getting better. There are some interesting neighborhood worth visiting. Here an interactive map showing what's down there. Also I would recommend going in the day, as opposed to at night.

Also check out Pasadena. It's a quaint little town east of downtown with nice shopping on Colorado Blvd and great cultural stuff like the Huntington Library & the Arboretum.

Pasadena is only a stone's throw away from the Mega Chinese suburbs of LA. Here's you will find Chinese restaurants stretching for, not blocks, but miles. The area has been considered by many to serve the best Chinese food outside of China. It's worth checking out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter