Suggestions please

rhjones19

Earning My Ears
I am currently planning a trip to Disney.

It will be the first trip abroad on my own without family.

Please can someone advise me on accommodation, travel around disney (and to all the other major theme parks).

I live in the UK. So, if there are any uk guests on this forum, please can you advise me on which are the best tour operators that deal with individual travellers. etc etc.

Roz :wave2:

Hi Roz!

I enjoy staying at one of Disney's resorts when I go. I'm trying a value resort this summer (Pop Century). My favorite moderate is Port Orleans French Quarter (it's nice & small). My favorite (& only) deluxe resort I've stayed at is Animal Kingdom Lodge (I love animals). Transportation from the airport is either renting a car, using Mears (least expensive) or hiring a town car. I've used Mears & a towncar service. Mears is slower than the towncar service dropping guests off at the various resorts. The towncar service will take you to a grocery store on the way to the resort. You can research this more on the transportation board. Also do some research on the resort board - there are some great threads.

My favorite time to go is during December, but I can't always do this with my DD's schedule.

Have fun planning.

Geri

I forgot to mention in my first email - i don't drive!

So i am really after a more central hotel/resort to ALL the parks and notjust disney.

Roz

Originally posted by rhjones19
I forgot to mention in my first email - i don't drive!

So i am really after a more central hotel/resort to ALL the parks and not just disney.

Roz
In that case, stay at a resort located at the park where you will be spending the most time and take a Mears shuttle to other attractions when you want to go there. OR, move around....Stay at WDW, then move to somewhere close to Universal. In May I stayed at a condo that provided free shuttle to WDW and was also close to other area attractions...Summer Bay Resort.

<b>Welcome to the DIS and Adult/Solo Board, Roz.</b>. You'll get lots of good advice here. You may also want to post over on the UK Boards to see what some other UK Disney fans think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter