Summer 2020 Trips - If WDW Is Open, We're Going! *Update: WDW Open July 11*

Those of you that have selected your Fast Passes recently.....have you noticed a difference between the website vs. the app?
I think the app is quicker. That’s just been my experience...

Well May trip is a no-go and while it's disappointing it didn't really come as a shock. Now we cross fingers for our June 6-13 stay at POR and Monday I make FP's for our July trip :thumbsup2

Anyone with a cancelled late May trip reschedule for later in the summer?
We had a mid-May trip that is now mid-August. Starting to feel like maybe it'll be a go! I've been making ADRs and last week we changed the first leg of our trip from ASMo to WL.
Either way, it feels nice to do something kinda normal :earsboy:

Well May trip is a no-go and while it's disappointing it didn't really come as a shock. Now we cross fingers for our June 6-13 stay at POR and Monday I make FP's for our July trip :thumbsup2

Anyone with a cancelled late May trip reschedule for later in the summer?
I had one from MDW that I moved to July 23-28th. We have APs that expire in May, and a possible June 1 opening will put the next expiration days at July 31.

Perfect Memorial week trip now a memory:( officially booked Almost perfect Pop Century trip July 14-25th:)
Yup I feel you. I loved the way our days and FP's were for Memorial weekend. Not loving June so much and I only have plans for the first 2 days of July even though I make FP's Monday 😆 but hoping it works out as good as if not better than May! We miss you in July by a couple days :)

I wonde

I wonder what the reservation system would look like here at WDW for people with resort and ticket packages.
I'm trying not to venture into the realm of speculation & what-ifs, but I am fairly certain that if you have a resort reservation, you will be allowed entry into the parks. If you have a park hopper & AP with that resort reservation, I will assume it's all 4 parks. Outside of that, if WDW does a reservation system, it will be off-property guests & locals who need to make reservations.

IE - your resort reservation is you parks reservation.

I'm trying not to venture into the realm of speculation & what-ifs, but I am fairly certain that if you have a resort reservation, you will be allowed entry into the parks. If you have a park hopper & AP with that resort reservation, I will assume it's all 4 parks. Outside of that, if WDW does a reservation system, it will be off-property guests & locals who need to make reservations.

IE - your resort reservation is you parks reservation.
I hope that’s the case. I have a resort reservation and 4 days at the parks but only a 2 day dated ticket. My other 2 days are using a military ticket.

On the call Chapek said himself that we can not compare WDW to the other parks, as their resorts & out-of-state visitors are so much higher than any of the other Disney theme parks. There are things in place for the Shanghai opening that wont be in place for WDW.

Well we will be trying to snag a day at DIsney in late June if they are open. Had a sailing trip planned in the British Virgin Islands and looks like their borders will be under strict lockdown long past our trip date. So instead we are going to come down and see family in Florida and will sneak off with the kids for a park day/one night/Chef mickey and Disney Springs the second day trip. If MK is open we will be there.

With today’s news that they are not taking any new reservations prior to July 1, I decided to go ahead and book a July backup trip checking in 7/17 (for my June 7th trip that I’m believing won’t happen). I got all the ADR’s I wanted down to the minute. That much availability at just over two months out would have seemed insane a year ago. 😔

With today’s news that they are not taking any new reservations prior to July 1, I decided to go ahead and book a July backup trip checking in 7/17 (for my June 7th trip that I’m believing won’t happen). I got all the ADR’s I wanted down to the minute. That much availability at just over two months out would have seemed insane a year ago. 😔
To reference the news they mentioned:
Disney is no longer allowing guests to book or modify trips prior to July 1st (previously June 1st).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts