Summer 2020 Trips - If WDW Is Open, We're Going! *Update: WDW Open July 11*

That should be lifted soon 1 would imagine.

My situation is a tad weird though. I live in NJ but always fly out of Philly, PA. So.....

This is an option for us too, but we are thinking of driving. I just can’t justify going for a week if I can’t do anything

From LA. Scheduled for Aug 1-8. Would definitely not go. Who knows what will be by then. I have a room reserved at POP but I’m not even going to buy tickets until it’s open and travel restrictions are lifted.

Totally agree with this, not going to go and be locked in a room for a week.

I hear different things but it seems right now it's through July 8th unless he lifts it? But you know we're heading down June 9th and flying from Newark. I will let you know what's what if you don't hear about it being lifted before then. I have no other info at all but I feel it'll be lifted when another theme park opens along with Universal, whether it's Disney or SeaWorld? Hopefully by the end of this week we know more about at least one of those parks. I also feel that he will lift it "all of a sudden" as in no notice, no move up date, it'll just be lifted. Again only my opinion :)

I really hope so! We are thinking of going for a month if dillons camp gets canceled so we would drive, but 2 weeks stuck inside would be rough. I just don’t see how they can open the parks and not lift the restriction.

This is an option for us too, but we are thinking of driving. I just can’t justify going for a week if I can’t do anything

Totally agree with this, not going to go and be locked in a room for a week.

I really hope so! We are thinking of going for a month if dillons camp gets canceled so we would drive, but 2 weeks stuck inside would be rough. I just don’t see how they can open the parks and not lift the restriction.
Driving wouldn't help you as they are checking that as well I believe. They are checking those particular states. Flying out of PA would be your best bet from what I have read

Glad to see this thread is still goin! My July 23-28th trip is still on the books, but we’re leaning more towards driving down instead of flying. We’re from NJ, so it’s gonna be an extra travel day on the beginning and end of the trip. We’re thinking of extending 2 more nights at the end of the trip too, to make the drive really worth it.

But we wont be going down if the 14 day self quarantine is still in effect.

Glad to see this thread is still goin! My July 23-28th trip is still on the books, but we’re leaning more towards driving down instead of flying. We’re from NJ, so it’s gonna be an extra travel day on the beginning and end of the trip. We’re thinking of extending 2 more nights at the end of the trip too, to make the drive really worth it.

We're still booked for late July! Resort reservations are made, flights are booked, FPs & ADRs booked, EMM booked, cabanas rented for the pool & umbrellas rented for the water parks. I'm hoping it will all happen. Disney can make it happen if they choose to.

Sort of off topic but maybe related. We took a long road trip last week and our first rest stop for gas/bathroom was at a busy truck stop/gas station type place in a pretty rural area. Now, we live in a urban area and mask use is relatively high when out and about - it has become a part of the routine. At this gas station/travel stop, not so much.

I consider us pretty level headed about this whole thing and at heart I depend on myself for my health and less so on businesses or other people, but not going to lie, it was a bit of a shock/reminder there’s a big country out there and habits/practices are different in different places.

If you’re from an area where mask use is common/required/a given, might just want to mentally prepare before that first stop depending on where you are. :-)

Anyway, I hope things with WDW shake loose soon and you can get some sense of certainty with your summer trip.

Driving wouldn't help you as they are checking that as well I believe. They are checking those particular states. Flying out of PA would be your best bet from what I have read

We are planning to drive so we have a car since we are planning to go for so long, not to avoid the quarantine. If we have to quarantine we will either do it or not go.

We added 2 nights on the end of our early trip just to get more time in lol. If they don't open for early July then we'll overlap with you, as our 135th back up reservation of 2020 is for July 24-31 :)

We added 2 nights on the end of our early trip just to get more time in lol. If they don't open for early July then we'll overlap with you, as our 135th back up reservation of 2020 is for July 24-31 :)
I feel that! This is the 3rd time booking ADRs & FPs. Luckily we had more luck with the ADRs when we booked for July. Our trip was originally for Easter, and when they announced the shut down mid-March, we moved our trip to MDW.

Then they announced no-new bookings before June 1st, so we moved out MDW trip to the end of July, so that gave us about 4 months to plan and get everything in order. It was a blessing. Now I hope this sticks! What's the saying, "throw enough s*** at the wall and some if it will stick"?

Luckily we had more luck with the ADRs when we booked for July. Our trip was originally for Easter, and when they announced the shut down mid-March, we moved our trip to MDW.

Then they announced no-new bookings before June 1st, so we moved out MDW trip to the end of July, so that gave us about 4 months to plan and get everything in order. It was a blessing. Now I hope this sticks! What's the saying, "throw enough s*** at the wall and some if it will stick"?
We had great FP's for our May trip and then "eh" ones for June. Early July is great but late July "eh" again lol. We only make a couple ADR's ahead of trips but since we don't know what will be what I've made a ton! When making dining for my spring clients who have moved to summer availability has really been great. LOL I want it to stick SOON!!
I'm right there with you with the back up reservations...Disney, give us some information, please!
Hopefully by the end of this week!!

Hello Fellow Summer Travelers!

I'm sure you've all seen by now, but if not here is the news from today: WDW's suggested reopening plan is for MK & AK on July 11, and DHS & Epcot on July 15th.
You can read the details here:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-theme-parks-resort-hotels-and-disney-stores/
Other news from today: no new hotel reservations or new ticket sales. Reports from other threads say that people who have called to modify their reservations aren't able to make changes.

My plan as stands:
Driving down to Pop Century July 23 - 30th. I was able to somehow get a two night stay reservation booked for July 28 - 30th mere MINUTES before they closed all new reservations.

To add, you cannot modify any August ADRs unless you call. And, this seems to be the case for the rest of reservations (I have a November ADR I tried to alter just to see). Maybe this is temporary until they finish their "magical enhancements"?
@e_yerger glad you were able to get your reservation!

To add, you cannot modify any August ADRs unless you call. And, this seems to be the case for the rest of reservations (I have a November ADR I tried to alter just to see). Maybe this is temporary until they finish their "magical enhancements"?
I have a feeling that all of Disney’s IT is “under construction” at the moment. As the days go on, we’ll have more information. Reports from TAs are that they’re system is down too.

I knew it was coming, but the operations cuts are deep, especially the park hours and no water parks for the time being. Feeling the desire for a summer trip fade away as I'm just not sure if the value equation is there for us. We only have July before back to school in August, so our window is short.

I'm OK with that and was prepared, just always a bit sad when you get to that moment where you know you should let it go*.

* mood subject to change

I hope some of you can still make some lemonade out of your summer plans given today's partial clarity on dates/conditions.

I knew it was coming, but the operations cuts are deep, especially the park hours and no water parks for the time being. Feeling the desire for a summer trip fade away as I'm just not sure if the value equation is there for us. We only have July before back to school in August, so our window is short.

I'm OK with that and was prepared, just always a bit sad when you get to that moment where you know you should let it go*.

* mood subject to change

I hope some of you can still make some lemonade out of your summer plans given today's partial clarity on dates/conditions.
I'm at the let it go point myself. I canceled the car rental reservation and moved the hard rock reservation to the end of May 2021. I can't spend the money for a limited experience.

I made a hotel reservation in Hershey for August. We can drive there easily. I can deal with a limited experience where there is abundant chocolate. :rotfl2:

Other news from today: no new hotel reservations or new ticket sales. Reports from other threads say that people who have called to modify their reservations aren't able to make changes.
As far as we're being told as soon as their systems come back up we'll be able to modify existing client reservations but yes, no new reservations for the time being. Same with making new ADR's.

Our July 4 trip is out but I'd made our back up for July 24-31 so as of now we're going :) The only real dealbreaker would be if we can't stay on property but I don't think that will be an issue. And then as long as the "park reservation" system isn't a big mess lol

We are officially out with today's announcement, as we were booked from 7/6-7/11 and will just do our scheduled November trip and leave it be. Our schools start back in early August which means my high schoolers band camp (if it actually happens) will begin in mid July so the trip we already had scheduled was as late in the summer as we could go. Hope everyone still left standing has a wonderful trip!

* mood subject to change

If I had cash reservations, I'd definitely be in the let it go camp. However, I bought a DVC last year, so Disney already has my money. I think it will make for a very interesting trip for all sorts of reasons (like I'm driving 1000 miles by myself, I'm planning on going to Dollywood on the way down, July Magic Kingdom will be unlike anything I've ever experienced before, etc). Who knows, maybe I'll like the crazy road trip or maybe I'll decide that I never want to do something like that ever again.

I definitely think it will be somewhat more laid back since it's not like I can really stress about things I have no control over. Also, Epcot doesn't open until 11... So that means I get to sleep in on my Epcot day. I never do that when I'm at Disney. I don't think I'm capable of sleeping until 9 or 10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!