Summer Bay resort

smarro

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any information on Summer Bay resort. We are still checking our options for a trip in March. I was wondering if anyone had any information on this resort. I did a search but could not find much. Thanks.

It is relatively new, probably a mile or so from the entrance to AK. It is on the west end of 192 which is less chaotic than the east end. There are shops and restaurants in that section (counter service (McDonald's etc.) budget sit down (Golden Corral, Bob Evans, Perkins, Angels Lobster Buffet) and nicer sit downs (Key W Cool's)) There are two Publix on "your side" of the road, both new and well stocked. All in all it is a pretty good location! To avoid traffic, when heading to WDW take a left on Black Lake Road which runs parallel to 192. At Sherberth take another left and follow the road to the only traffic light. If you take a left at this traffic light you will go into AKL and if you take a right you will be on the approach to AK. Hope this helps and have a great time. Oh, by the way, this resort was offering $99 per night for two bedroom "suite" as a walk in special just recently.

They have a website at summerbayresort.com. It shows rooms, layouts etc. We stayed with them last year for a three night stay. We stayed in the condo section which was brand new at the time. (The villas were older.) Our room was open, bright & clean. Our sons slept in the pullout couch ,and dh and I had the bedroom. We loved having a kitchen. There was a pizza place down the street and we just stored and reheated our leftovers. They had a pool, jacuzzi, tiki bar, tennis court, and basketball court. When we stayed there, it was very quiet. We loved leaving the busy parks and coming back to our condo. I'd love to go back again sometime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter