Summer crowds

This is good to know. I've avoided the summer in the past but with the oldest in college it's too hard to go during the school year so we're looking at July or early August this year. Our main goal is the 2 rides in SWL so I hope that works out!

This is good to know. I've avoided the summer in the past but with the oldest in college it's too hard to go during the school year so we're looking at July or early August this year. Our main goal is the 2 rides in SWL so I hope that works out!
Summer is a great time to visit the parks because when the parks are prepared for the crowds, things run really smoothly. The parks are ready to absorb and spread out the crowds so that you don't really feel them like you do during low/non-peak season (when shorter hours, more refurbs, less staffing, less entertainment, etc. all mean fewer options to spread the crowds -- so you really feel them).
Check the AP Blockout Calendar -- the more APs blocked, the better. Try to avoid the days right after any passes are unblocked -- there will be a wave of APs flooding the parks to get their Disney fix. Does Marvel matter to you? Avengers Campus should open "Summer 2020," but we don't have an official date yet. By July, I would guess it should be open. I would try to visit before the third week of August when HM should go down for the installation of the Halloween overlay, when the lower AP blockout should begin to lift (remember that wave I mentioned earlier?), and when the parks should go back to the non-peak/low season schedule. Also, the 4th of July falls on a Saturday this year, so that weekend will probably be pretty busy. Star Wars Celebration will be in Anaheim this year at the end of August, so that's another busy week to avoid. With all that in mind, just pick the dates that work best for you and your family, double check here to make sure that nothing crazy will coincide with your dates, then book and plan your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!