Summer of Heroes - June 2017 Lifestyle/Weight loss Challenge

@HappyGrape I am so sorry for the horrible day you had!! Hope today will be better!

@piglet1979 Your daughter is really going through a lot with the PT and the doctors!! The inhaler will really help her, it is amazing what they can do. I have asthma and if I follow my regime of inhalers (I have two, one long term and an emergency one) I don't have any symptoms at all. It might take her a little time to get used to it, but once she has figured it out, it will become second nature to her, just like brushing your teeth.

Right now she is just taking Singular and then the inhaler when she goes swimming. She complains that it is hard to breath when she is in the water. They also think that the coughing episodes over the winter that she had was asthma related from a cold. This never occurred to me then. I am really hoping that this is the end of the doctors for her. it really stinks.

I also wanted to let you know that I have decided to join the Twitterverse in order to post a few pictures from my upcoming vacation to Shanghai and Japan that will include visits to both the Disney resorts there. If anyone wants to follow along, send me a PM and I will let you know my twitter name.

Can you send me your twitter name too. I would love to follow along.

June 23rd

Hulk.png

Question of the day -- We all have days that you plan everything out it is going to be a good workout day and eating good until that one thing throws everything off. How do you handle days like this? Do you continue to try to do what you can or do you just give up on the day?

Keep an eye on her. my son had severe nightmares on singulair. He was great sleeper from 4 months old until about 3when they tried him on it - I never had sleepless night. He was waking up SCREAMING in the middle of the night. I stopped him and the nightmares were resolved but my doctor convinced me to try again - first night screaming was back. I stopped them and never looked at them again, he went back to normal but looked into it and apparently it can happen (behavior issues or nightmares). However it rare and most kids do very well on it

1 of my reservation at the best western park inn was found the other not, but i won't worry about it. Today is not as bad but I am counting the minutes to end of my work day

So this question came about after the Tuesday that we had. We had a good dinner planned. I wasn't going to workout just because I was still feeling blah but at least dinner would be good. Well My husbands grandmother called and need him to get a hose out of her car. She is the most impatient person I know and did not want to wait until Friday when it would be easier for us to get their. So we dropped everything and headed over their. Dinner ended up being Wendy's. I would have stilled cooked but I have a husband and daughter that get very Hangry if they don't eat. If I cooked we wouldn't of ate until after 7 and they were both having issues already at 6.

I do not do good with these days at all. I always want to know how my day will play out and I don't like when it changes. i tend to just grab fast food and then I am done for the day. This is something that I really need to work on.

Keep an eye on her. my son had severe nightmares on singulair. He was great sleeper from 4 months old until about 3when they tried him on it - I never had sleepless night. He was waking up SCREAMING in the middle of the night. I stopped him and the nightmares were resolved but my doctor convinced me to try again - first night screaming was back. I stopped them and never looked at them again, he went back to normal but looked into it and apparently it can happen (behavior issues or nightmares). However it rare and most kids do very well on it

1 of my reservation at the best western park inn was found the other not, but i won't worry about it. Today is not as bad but I am counting the minutes to end of my work day

This morning she had a rough morning at summer camp drop off. Tears and not letting go of me. The whole 9 yards. She hasn't done this in years. She did tell me she had a bad dream. I am really going to have to watch her for this. She has been on it for 3 weeks now and this is the first one she has told me about. I hope this doesn't continue because she told me the other day that this is the first time in a long time that she has been able to breath out her nose.

Interestingly @piglet1979 this is the topic of half size me this week podcast

http://www.halfsizeme.com/hsm280/

honestly I adjust my expectations as life happens. I continue to try to make best I can and sometimes I do well, other times not so well

I might have to take a listen to this podcast. This is one of my down falls. All of my questions so far have been because of something that has recently happened and did not handle it well. Hence the Hulk today. I was mad that my day got screwed up. It is interesting that this came up on the podcast at the same time.

Weekly wrap-up: I have the first appointment booked with the Nutritionist so that goal is met. Having just been to the yoga studio for the bowl ceremony I keep feeling like I have that goal in hand as well, but then remember I haven't actually booked any yoga sessions, so I'm not really there yet. Next week. So at this point I am 50% to goal for the month.

I've been feeling like something has shifted in my body. The tiredness is lifting: last evening I actually went out to dinner and then kept going and got the garden watered and a few weeds pulled. It doesn't sound like much, but compared to crawling in to bed when I get home it's a big improvement. Yesterday for the first time in a long time I felt like I actually had strength/energy in my legs and a little spring in my step, instead of dragging myself along. And my ankles haven't been swelling as much as they were. I've been testing eating chicken again, because I keep wondering if past reactions where really a reaction to the chicken or to something else but the timing aligned to the consumption of the chicken... so far so good, and I'm kind of wondering if getting some extra protein is actually helping with feeling so tired.

I'm about 2/3 done with the scarf/shawl I'm working on, so naturally I'm thinking about getting yarn for the next project which is going to be a poncho, knit in the new stitch I learned at the retreat. It's straight knitting without increases or decreases, so it'll be easier to focus on mastering the stitch... then I'll tackle the shawl from the class. It takes a ton of yarn - 8 skeins. And of course I don't have anything in my stash.

We're in for some super sunny (and hot) summery weather over the weekend - woohoo. My plan is to get out in to the yard early, while it is still cool, then kick back and have fun the rest of the day. Maybe even a good long walk down at the beach.

Happy weekend everyone one - make it a healthy one!

QOTD: If I have a day that's starting to go sideways, it usually throws the doors open to allow the entire day to be a free-bee and I tell myself I'll start over tomorrow. Not a good plan at all, as when things go south it is usually more important than ever to take care of yourself and get back on track as quickly as possible.

QOTD: I really struggle with this. I struggle with any of my plans getting disrupted or my routines being derailed, but it's especially bad with food. I'm really working through getting the mentality of 'well I already ate such and such today, why not just keep it going?'

Life happens. I'm not going to beat myself up over having chicken fingers when I was planning on a quinoa bowl or some other such nonsense. Old me would have just said screw it and finished the day with potato chips and milkshakes but new me is working on forgiving myself, but still moving forward with my goals. It's rough work, though.

QOTD: If I have a day that's starting to go sideways, it usually throws the doors open to allow the entire day to be a free-bee and I tell myself I'll start over tomorrow. Not a good plan at all, as when things go south it is usually more important than ever to take care of yourself and get back on track as quickly as possible.

This sounds just like me.

QOTD: I really struggle with this. I struggle with any of my plans getting disrupted or my routines being derailed, but it's especially bad with food. I'm really working through getting the mentality of 'well I already ate such and such today, why not just keep it going?'

Life happens. I'm not going to beat myself up over having chicken fingers when I was planning on a quinoa bowl or some other such nonsense. Old me would have just said screw it and finished the day with potato chips and milkshakes but new me is working on forgiving myself, but still moving forward with my goals. It's rough work, though.

Lately I have beating myself up about eat bad on these days. But I have had a rough month with eating at working out so i think that is making it harder for me. If I am doing good during the month and I have a bad day I can let it go easier.

QOTD- Before WW I would just go with whatever I could find, whatever was easiest, but never would beat myself up over it. You can only do what you can do. Now, I will at least think twice before eating and I have a couple things to grab from the fridge going out the door if I need to bolt somewhere. I try and keep bananas, pears, apples around to fight off impulsive ,tired eating if meal plans haven't gone right.

June 23rd

View attachment 246613

Question of the day -- We all have days that you plan everything out it is going to be a good workout day and eating good until that one thing throws everything off. How do you handle days like this? Do you continue to try to do what you can or do you just give up on the day?

Well this is timely for me… Today's been a rotten day. Various little things, that culminated into DH severely spraining my toe... 10 minutes before I was supposed to leave to go to the gym. So now, I'm laid up in bed icing my foot. It was a total accident, but being the cherry on top of an already crap day just makes it worse. So far, I'm handling myself by having a grade A pity party LOL I guess this is about to be a test of how I handle missteps in my journey. Not just for the day, but getting back on track after messing up my routine. I hope that all is well and I'm ready to be back at it on Monday, but if not this is going to be a real challenge. It was completely silly of me not to think something bad it was eventually bound to happen, what did I think I was going to not get sick or get an injury at all for the rest of my life?! No. So now's the time to practice what happens when things go wrong. Not sure how that's going to look yet, but I'm gonna have to figure it out.

Rereading that I kind of see that I'm giving myself a pep talk that I apparently needed haha! Thanks for letting me vent!

Ha ha... I can never seem to stick with anything long enough to even establish a routine, at least as far as exercise goes.

You and me both!

My whole year seems to have been thrown off exercise! Seriously I started out bad and just have not gotten on track. Off track with eating - some days I just throw it all out the window others I can just treat it as one incident and move forward and back to the plan. I agree with everyone - when life happens beating our selves up too much won't fix it and it just makes us feel worse .... which could lead to more emotional eating anyway. I keep imagining/picturing this healthy active person who looks great exercising and eating fabulous food .... but the picture is not matching the reality .... not even close.

DS13 got the cast of his arm last night - we need another x-ray - this seems weird to me as it never showed up on x-ray anyway :confused3 only the MRI - but will do it if that is what they want. Starting some gentle stretching exercises with him today to get the arm moving again - have a referral to PT as well. We will probably go to see Cars 3 this weekend - woohoo I am more excited than the kids :rotfl:

Pre flight thoughts
I will spend next 24 hours travelling
Pms week, and pre travel stress
Stressful week in work

I didn't over eat or under eat. I didn't over exercise, or under exercise. I didn't try to shut the stress feeling up. I let it be. I didn't enjoy it but I am feeling great about dealing with it as I did.

I am going to DISNEYLAND! See you real soon

Stay healthy.

I will be sharing pics on Instagram if anyone is interested

Hello all - we went to see Cars 3 today - we really liked it - so much better than Cars 2. I didn't overeat on popcorn and didn't have any chocolate - I had lunch at home toasted ham and cheese before we left so I was not super hungry. Kids are now on winter break - but wow we are having some great days - a mild winter here so far this year - DD wore shorts and shirt to movies for 2pm session - as we drove past the river there people swimming and walking around in bikinis! I am working some of next week but then having a break also.

Hope you are all having a great healthy weekend.

Yesterday night I baked cupcakes, cookies, rice crispy treats and macaroni salad with my daughter. After a rough day my daughter had I thought she needed some mom time. Thankfully all this food is for a family reunion today.

Today We were supposed to have a baseball game but it got canceled at the last minute so we took our son to karate instead. After that it was home to get ready for the family reunion. Then later tonight we are going to a gladiators (indoor profession football) game where my son is doing a demo before the game with his karate class.

Tomorrow there is nothing but cleaning and grocery shopping.

QOTD- Nothing exciting going on here. I have been stalking the dvc site for weeks for 1 day in Dec and 3 nights in Sept. so i am sure that will be part of my weekend. I am in need of new a/c units for the home-they are starting to fail so I am researching, waitiing on quotes..so much money! Then the usual laundry, groceries...

I am looking for recipes on skinny tastes, pinterest and trying to find some things that are the way I want to eat and DH and 2DS will also eat. I am tired of cooking twice each night. Also working on how to get my steps in. Lately I make sure any store I go in to, I go up and down every row-at least it's air conditioned. I have a super walmart , BJ's, hobby lobby, super target, that are all pretty big and with in a mile, so I can get quite a few steps in at any of those. I think I am going to have to become a "mall walker". In fact if there was a closer mall I probably already would be one.

June 26th

Chalkboard-Weight-Loss-Quotes.jpg

Question of the day -- I was looking up quotes this morning and found this one. So many times we try to lose a pound or more a week and then when we don't it gets very frustrating. How do you handle not meeting a weekly or monthly goal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!