Sun and Fun Changed

kes601

DIS Veteran
Just noticed Sun and Fun was changed. No longer goes through end of September, now ends on May 27. Wonder if they are going to launch another discount for June-August or if it is rack rate only. So glad we booked when we did for June and August.

This Spring and Summer, Save up to 30% on Rooms at Select Disney Resort Hotels!

Sun & Fun offer booking and stay dates.

• Save up to 30%* for stays most nights May 28-Sept. 30, 2019. Book through March 24, 2019.
  • Save up to 25%* for stays most nights April 28-May 27, 2019. Book through May 27, 2019.

I keep checking to see if there'll be October discounts (since September ones came so early this year), and instead it appears the rack rate went up at AoA for early October!

Went from $429.50 avg/night to $482.50 for my nights. Now even if a discount comes out, I'm basically back to square one.

I keep checking to see if there'll be October discounts (since September ones came so early this year), and instead it appears the rack rate went up at AoA for early October!

Went from $429.50 avg/night to $482.50 for my nights. Now even if a discount comes out, I'm basically back to square one.
Ya, we have a rack rate at Pop at the end of September for $168. It's $189 now. We also have Pop at $218 a night for Dec 25-31, it's now up to $246!!!! Glad we booked when we did.

Yep, room rates went up and ticket prices went up. I had a package on hold for a client yesterday and it went up today by $300.00

Sharing with you all because I like you. UT had lower rates than Disney direct for October, but I hadn't jumped on it because I figured there'd eventually be a room discount. Lesson learned, jumped on it now, and you can too. Booked UT at about 5% lower than my Disney reservation, or about 15% off compared to the new rack rate.

You can still cancel with full refund up to 1 week before the stay, just like (non-package) Disney.

I'm hoping there will be more discounts as well. I booked the Sun and Fun package, but ended up having to do a split stay since the room and resort I wanted wasn't available the full stay.

Truth is though that the split stay is between beach and then yacht club so not the end of the world, lol.

Gone are the days when the rates Disney released was valid until the next year. Now the rates change, they go up periodically. Maybe they are going the same direction the cruise line uses on cabins.

Does anyone anticipate Disney releasing a summer offer? I too didn't notice when to book by and notice the price changed. oyeeee

Personally I'd be surprised if they don't put another offer on for Summer. I have zero data (and could probably be proven wrong quite easily) but I'd assume there will be a sizeable group of people that will move their trip to late August for Star Wars.

I know that while the room category I wanted was sold out for the Sun and Fun package, there were still rooms in that category left just not under the discount. This is my first experience booking in Summer though and not Easter so that might be typical! I'm basing on Easter when the resorts/rooms I want are usually sold out at rack rate a few months in advance.

I'm also disappointed that it seems Pop / AoA are now Value+ (my term) and are priced quite a bit above the All Star Resorts. For example, $50/night more from Dec 25-31.

I got a Little Mermaid Room on Sun & Fun. Looking a couple of days ago, they were removed from the list. They aren’t discounted often, so I really got lucky.

Following to see if there is any insight into future discounts. Knew the Sun & Fun expired yesterday. Hoping now for FL resident. But tempted to book at Pop now in case there is an announcement of the Skyliner opening date. Decisions...decisions...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!