Super Nintendo World (2020-2021?)

Oh, gotcha. I didn't realize it was two hotels. Thanks for the info.

This a rough rendering of the Florida land going around on twiiter https://twitter.com/thatsjustgary (There are other rough renders there, including mario, zelda, and Donkey Kong rides)

It may be a "leak", but hopefully it gives a good idea of what may be planned for Florida, this takes up all of Kidzone (E.T. is spared) and about half of the unused expansion room behind simpsons/barney. This a very large area with 4-5 mini zones.

The person tweeting it has done articles about theme parks before, including a pretty controversial one on Shanghai Disneyland, so I'm leaning toward it being fairly accurate (rough sketches though), but take this map as unconfirmed rumor.

upload_2017-6-10_9-19-35.jpeg

If this is correct, Fivel, Curious George, Barney, and Animal Actors are all going bye bye.

Last edited:
That's great! That area is always dead and should have went away along time ago. My kids enjoy the ball shooting place and WWP. I've never been in Barney and don't intend too. I'm curious about dueling dragons. I sure hope if they remove it the build another kick *** coaster and not another screen ride.

That's great! That area is always dead and should have went away along time ago. My kids enjoy the ball shooting place and WWP. I've never been in Barney and don't intend too. I'm curious about dueling dragons. I sure hope if they remove it the build another kick *** coaster and not another screen ride.

The other photos include rough drawings of Mario Kart, the Zelda ride, and Donkey Kong, none of them seem to be screen rides, that map kinda shows multiple tracks for Mario Kart?

I'd classify this is all "rumor" even though it came from a media source.

upload_2017-6-10_9-55-44.jpeg
Mario Kart
upload_2017-6-10_9-56-5.jpeg
Zelda
upload_2017-6-10_9-56-20.jpeg
Donkey Kong
upload_2017-6-10_9-56-46.jpeg
More Mario Kart

Also noticed a show spot for Pokémon training academy

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-10_9-55-29.jpeg
    upload_2017-6-10_9-55-29.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 42
  • upload_2017-6-10_9-56-45.jpeg
    upload_2017-6-10_9-56-45.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Interesting how the main ride has three levels and each level is something different and not just one ride.

I'd take the above with a huge grain of salt. I have seen nothing anywhere (no patents or trademarks filed) to allude to there being anything Zelda related going in (I hope I'm wrong though)

@atricks Thanks again for all your info. I just looked at his tweets. I don't do twitter but maybe I should. :D

I'd take the above with a huge grain of salt. I have seen nothing anywhere (no patents or trademarks filed) to allude to there being anything Zelda related going in (I hope I'm wrong though)

Yeah I'm not 100% sold, the moving theater patent does kinda match the zelda render though.

Where are you guys seeing the patents? Is it an Orange County site?

Yeah I'm not 100% sold, the moving theater patent does kinda match the zelda render though.
Although I grew up on Atari and Nintendo, I'm not excited about the Nintendo aspect. Just happy they might repurpose all the wasted space (IMO) and give us something new to do.

Where are you guys seeing the patents? Is it an Orange County site?

Orlando Business Journal posts them anytime they file something new.

So far I've e seen patents for what appear to be a Mario Kart ride, DK mine cart ride, and (unrelated) an Iron Man ride.

Orlando Business Journal posts them anytime they file something new.

So far I've e seen patents for what appear to be a Mario Kart ride, DK mine cart ride, and (unrelated) an Iron Man ride.

upload_2017-6-10_11-8-38.jpeg
8d54e23d-4d90-4198-91a5-c91e1c9ab372-jpg.209280

The patent that looks like zelda is mentioned on the dis's very site (moving puzzle theater)
http://universal.wdwinfo.com/news/universals-new-patents-could-be-the-future/

If these are legit (and I doubt we'll know for sure for a while), the renderings are extremely rough or in a editor being worked on, which makes me believe they were leaked (some look like they were captured)

Rumor is Zelda may not happen, though (at least in the studios park)

Last edited:
I don't see anything in that patent that points it to being Zelda related. It could quite possibly be for any themed ride.

The Nintendo concept is far too huge for them to waste it on a small area. There is just so much that they can do.

The Nintendo concept is far too huge for them to waste it on a small area. There is just so much that they can do.

The area is larger than the Gringotts/Hogwarts Express area, depending how far over they go..

Last edited:
To follow up the map is likely legitimate, but old, and some of it has shifted around, Zelda and Kirby may not be there, (something else may be in its place though). Zelda may be shifted to an expansion or the new park down the road.

Last edited:
yeah, this seems consistent with what we've seen so far, though i've also heard that pokémon, zelda, and kirby may not be there or get held off for later. the pokémon company is notoriously fickle about how the pokémon IP is used, so it often doesn't show up with other nintendo franchises. there are a few typos (the simpson's ride, princess peach's calstle), but i'd chalk that up to it being an early plan

the mario kart ride and the donkey kong minecart ride are basically confirmed through the earlier patents we've seen, and obviously E.T. is staying because of spielberg's influence (there's an older rumor that he was furious when they shut it down at california and japan and threatened to end his relationship with the parks if they shut down the orlando version). i'm interested to see if they'll try to relocate spongebob storepants, since that's their only dedicated meet & greet location for spongebob at the moment, and he's a pretty big deal for universal. (maybe he could find a place in toon lagoon? they're already selling spongebob merch there...)

anyway, i hope if they do a second phase they'll find a way to work zelda and kirby in, since both of them are iconic franchises for nintendo. kirby in particular would make for a great kids' area. of course it's not going to be just mario since otherwise it wouldn't be super "nintendo" world, and it's too great of an idea to limit it to just one park

So excited for Nintendo land!!! Would be a great rest replacement for the current kiddie land at the Studios.

Really hope delotition if the dragon coaster is false. Is it really not that popular? I remember seeing the concept article for it, before IOA broke ground and being so excited. I feel like can't it's an icon...Durling Dragons that is.

That description makes me think of MarioKart Double Dash, easily my favorite MarioKart version of all time. That could really be a stellar experience, having one player "driving" and the other using the items. Obviously no swap between the two but there's some huge rerideability there.

yeah, this seems consistent with what we've seen so far, though i've also heard that pokémon, zelda, and kirby may not be there or get held off for later. the pokémon company is notoriously fickle about how the pokémon IP is used, so it often doesn't show up with other nintendo franchises.

I'd love to see at least a Pokémon Center type place but I won't hold my breath. They're very picky. Maybe with all those giant pikachu suits they have, they'd be willing to do a M&G at the very least. If there was a shop with a good variety of the plush characters I know that I'd be dropping some coin there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!