Super Nintendo World (2020-2021?)

I was hoping for something to do with Pokemon as part of this plan. But I think there is some complication because of three-way ownership of the brand.

Hmm would prefer a N64 Land because a Firefox ride that actually did a barrel roll would be the best ride ever/

that twitter account gary snyder posted some more concept art for super nintendo land, considering it's all in different planning formats (sketchup models, 2D concept art, schematics, etc) i'd say they're almost certainly official leaks. so i'm excited to see where it's going!

DCf-jb3XoAAX43C.jpg

DCf-xdqXsAAZasl.jpg

DCgBdrDXUAALt-A.jpg

Last edited:
Jim Hill seemed to be in full support of this map in the latest Disney Dish. I'm still not sold. Literally, every single person I trust on the matter says that these are early concepts used to pitch ideas. Zelda is held off for another park, Kirby is a future expansion, Pokemon is out due to contract issues, and most of the flat rides are canned. What they all do seem to agree upon is the kart game, these leaks seem to show what they say is still accurate. I'm most sad about the Peoplemover style bullet ride being cut out. I love those types of slow moving rides and it's something that Universal doesn't really have, except for Suess Trolley, which is pretty different.

Universal wants Nintendo to be huge but they also want to not give it all away in one swoop, they want this to be a massive thing that keeps growing for years to come.

That last rendering of Peaches Castle seems to be the most accurate, note Zelda and Kirby missing from it.

From my understanding, there's also debate on where to put the Nintendo store. I've heard rumors of a large geek store (like Gods & Monsters on steroids) in CityWalk. I mentioned that awhile back in an article over on the Orlando Weekly but it got lost in the all the chatter about my mention of In n Out possibly coming. Universal is wanting to spread out the Nintendo love, similar to how they did with Potter. This may mean Zelda in the third gate or at IOA. This may also mean the Nintendo store, which is most definitely coming, may not be in the land itself. Universal has been surprised by the lack of sales at the Hello Kitty store and they're worried about going all in on a Nintendo store but they also see how popular other geek culture stores are in the region. Lots of back and forth from what I can tell on the location of the store. I'm personally hoping for CityWalk because then we might get a Nintendo arcade too and a themed dining experience beyond those in the land.

City a walk would be awesome. As a HEllo kitty fan it was really sad to see the store empty every time we passed it this weekend :(. I don't imagine it will be around long.

City a walk would be awesome. As a HEllo kitty fan it was really sad to see the store empty every time we passed it this weekend :(. I don't imagine it will be around long.
I don't remember seeing that store (regardless of the stuff inside) busy. Great location but not a lot of interest considering the Universal store right across the street.

I don't remember seeing that store (regardless of the stuff inside) busy. Great location but not a lot of interest considering the Universal store right across the street.
Yeah, we were the only ones I had he store and the only ones in line for a picture with Hello Kitty :( IM afraid HK isnt relevant anymore. Wish it was a TMNT store.

Yeah, we were the only ones I had he store and the only ones in line for a picture with Hello Kitty :( IM afraid HK isnt relevant anymore. Wish it was a TMNT store.
I think they need to do something else with that building now that Lucy is gone. I think you can buy the same stuff as in any store so there is nothing really unique about it. Too small for an attraction but maybe a restaurant or something.

My wife is a HUGE Hello Kitty fan and she absolutely loved the store, but we agreed with the note that the store was so very empty compared to pretty much every other store (themed or not) in all of UO and IOA

Jim Hill seemed to be in full support of this map in the latest Disney Dish. I'm still not sold. Literally, every single person I trust on the matter says that these are early concepts used to pitch ideas. Zelda is held off for another park, Kirby is a future expansion, Pokemon is out due to contract issues, and most of the flat rides are canned. What they all do seem to agree upon is the kart game, these leaks seem to show what they say is still accurate. I'm most sad about the Peoplemover style bullet ride being cut out. I love those types of slow moving rides and it's something that Universal doesn't really have, except for Suess Trolley, which is pretty different.

Universal wants Nintendo to be huge but they also want to not give it all away in one swoop, they want this to be a massive thing that keeps growing for years to come.

That last rendering of Peaches Castle seems to be the most accurate, note Zelda and Kirby missing from it.

From my understanding, there's also debate on where to put the Nintendo store. I've heard rumors of a large geek store (like Gods & Monsters on steroids) in CityWalk. I mentioned that awhile back in an article over on the Orlando Weekly but it got lost in the all the chatter about my mention of In n Out possibly coming. Universal is wanting to spread out the Nintendo love, similar to how they did with Potter. This may mean Zelda in the third gate or at IOA. This may also mean the Nintendo store, which is most definitely coming, may not be in the land itself. Universal has been surprised by the lack of sales at the Hello Kitty store and they're worried about going all in on a Nintendo store but they also see how popular other geek culture stores are in the region. Lots of back and forth from what I can tell on the location of the store. I'm personally hoping for CityWalk because then we might get a Nintendo arcade too and a themed dining experience beyond those in the land.

Agree with all this. While Orlando based rumorists are buying that leaked map, nobody else seems to be. I've got serious doubts about it myself. Why bother with Hyrule if it's not a big area? IMO you can't waste Zelda on a simple ride and a couple of shops. It needs the physical space they gave one of the Potter lands.

I did hear some rumblings that the mega Nintendo store might be going on the "other" side of City Walk and not in the parks proper, and that would make sense given the current setup. That's the side where the Land would go if it does take over the current kids area in US, so the store would sit close to a potential alternate exit way.

I agree too and woudl hope that they map isn't acurate for what is to come as it is very limiting for most of the properties. Rather them focus on Mario and Donkey Kong there, maybe work in Kirby a little with a small attraction or something. Bascially make it the more cartoon characters. Then save others liek Zelda and MEttroid for future expansion in other parks. Could see a Hyrule land with a couple attractions adn Hyrule Castle as a focal point and a space themed land for Metroid. Could either be exclusive to Nintendo and do Metroid and maybe Star Fox or jsut use it as a general space/sci-fi land with other IPs.
If they try to cram all of Nintendo into one little area then everything will be greatly under represented and the land probably wouldn't flow that well.

Also think City Walk would be best for a large Nintendo store as it can capture the most people. Get the ones that are jsut visitnig City Walk as well as park guests. But I would imagine they'd still have a decent Nintendo themed gift shop, or multipe stores int eh land like harry Potter has.

I got word of a strong rumor that partial closing of KidZone starts in September (Nuthouse Coaster/Fivel may be the first to go) After HHN more of it will close. No specific dates or exactly what will be closing.

that's great to hear, we'll finally get some concrete progress on the project. i wonder if E.T.'ll be open during construction or not

that's great to hear, we'll finally get some concrete progress on the project. i wonder if E.T.'ll be open during construction or not

E.T. should remain open, although it's fairly likely they'll shift to a new entrance at some point (Path Between Cafe LaBamba and the Garden of Alleh next to Hollywood) but the SpongeBob store and ET should stay open the entire time.

I have a 2 year old, so I spend a lot of time in KidZone so it'll be interesting to watch.

Last edited:
I really don't think Universal is going to waste something as huge as Super Nintendo World in a mere land added on to an existing park. I feel like it will be their fourth gate. And if that ends up being the case, I don't see any way they get the entire thing done in 2.5 years.
It definitely has the potential to be its own park. Maybe it will depend on how big it goes over in Japan. If their number one complaint is, "This really needs to be its own park!" then I fully expect the Powers-that-be in Orlando to give serious consideration to planning Super Nintendo Land at Universal (or an even better name.)

i stopped by the prop shop today and noticed they're selling some props from the kidzone - signage from a day in the park from barney for about $80 (in comic sans, no less) and a fiberglass statue of woody woodpecker for a good $4,500. i might be looking too much into it, but i'd wage dollars to donuts that they're already starting to disassemble the section in preparation for super nintendo world...

The first permits were issued for Universal for Super Nintendo World today. The KidZone changes, some representation in IOA, and the park on the recently bought land are all going to get something Nintendo related.

Source:
https://www.wftv.com/news/local/nintendo-plans-expansion-at-universal-studios-sources-say/651548610

Also mentioned there will be 3 Nintendo areas at universal, one at studios, one at IOA and a third at the park they will eventually build on the land Universal recently got.

More info at (Including bits of the permit):
https://twitter.com/chickenlilchip

Last edited:
This is great!

Although if the article is true, the first piece in UO where Kidzone is seems kinda small. Article mentions 8.8 Acres. By comparison Hogsmeade is 20 acres. Although I don't know if that includes the enormous footprint that Dragon Challenge took up.

This is great!

Although if the article is true, the first piece in UO where Kidzone is seems kinda small. Article mentions 8.8 Acres. By comparison Hogsmeade is 20 acres. Although I don't know if that includes the enormous footprint that Dragon Challenge took up.

It's a pretty sizable chunk, with the Mario area being multilevel (3 floors I believe, each with stuff on it to do)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!