• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

supershuttle ?

jgmklmhem

DIS Veteran
I think we have decided to go with Supershuttle for our transfer from SNA to DL. Do you normally go aheand and make the reservation online and go ahead and pay for it. Also if you do pay for it online do you go ahead and add the tip. I don't think I want to add the tip until service is rendered just to see if the service is worth the tip. Even if not great I would still tip but if the person picking us up really sucks I would feel upset having given them a tip already during booking.

I did and it went very smoothly (make sure ya print out the info) everyone else in my van paid on the spot and it went just as well. Supershuttle goes by first come first served so there really wasnt an advantage to pay online (unless its a budget tool). I did tip online the recommended amount then I did tip an additional dollar or two because it was a nice ride and quite promopt.

-em

I often make reservations, but I don't think I've ever pre-paid. I don't think there is any advantage to pre-paying. You'll find there are lots of shuttles at the airport. One disadvantage of making reservations, especially if you pre-pay, is that you are stuck going with a particular company whose last shuttle you may have just missed, while 5 other companies are loading up and ready to take you to your hotel.

Even on the return trip to the airport, I don't see any advantage to pre-paying, although you will have to make reservations. On a recent trip, my son woke up sick the last day of our trip. It was raining, we had to check out of the hotel, and he wanted to wait it out and feel miserable at the airport instead of the hotel. We still had an hour before our shuttle was scheduled to pick us up, and we weren't able to get another shuttle. A couple of shuttles had come to the hotel, and they wouldn't take us, even though one had had a cancellation. We ended up sharing a taxi with another couple, which actually saved us a few bucks.

We prepaid our reservations, not including the tip. But this meant every time we used them, even though we had a print out, the driver had to radio back to base to check we had paid.

There seemed NO benefit from reserving as we just joined the line with everyone else.

The service worked very well, and I recommend them, but it seemed to be easier and quicker to just pay as you go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter