Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the CM said it will be just for the time the parks are closed. From March 14 until the day they reopen. Also, it would take approximately 90 days to receive it once the parks are open. I hope that helps.

Thanks, so we won’t know exact amount refunded until there’s an opening date. Makes sense

I'm happy to see this too. I was going to try to rebook our August trip for spring break because of the May expiry but now we can go with next August which is our preference. I would think the MaxPass would be included in this as it's part of the existing ticket.
Same! Although I purchased a ticket for DD's bestie and I'm wondering whether they would allow me to refund one ticket as August 2021 is to far in the future to commit to bringing another kid.

Same! Although I purchased a ticket for DD's bestie and I'm wondering whether they would allow me to refund one ticket as August 2021 is to far in the future to commit to bringing another kid.
I think they would. I’ve seen reports of others being refunded for their Canadian resident tickets.

Great news! My parents bought these and used one day but my dad is 76 and there is no way they will be going until this COVID situation dies way down.
Same with my best friend! She's younger (27), but has underlying health issues, so realistically going to a theme park may not be in the cards for her. She's so happy it got extended an extra year!

Canadian and other international tickets have had their expiry date pushed out to Dec. 2021. I'm thrilled! That should include the pre-paid max pass right?
this is good news! My Canadian hopper has an expiry date of Jan 2021. How do you know it is extended? I assume it includes the max pass I added.

this is good news! My Canadian hopper has an expiry date of Jan 2021. How do you know it is extended? I assume it includes the max pass I added.
Its on the DL website. The expiry date for the tickets was originally Jan/21 and then May/21 and now Dec/21.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200520-224358_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200520-224358_Chrome.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 14
Just got off the phone to ask for a refund since our Deluxe APs were paid in full when we got them in October. I explained to the CM when we got our APs, we paid for them with gift cards, and the CM tossed them in the trash, so I didn't have the cards for the refund. I asked if it would be put on new cards instead. She said it would be in the form of a check. I would get an email once the parks are open.
By the time I got off the phone, I was crying. We had two trips cancelled and I know there isn't any way with this pandemic we can go back for a while. I am going to plan one hellofa trip for 2021. Wishing the best of health to all and the most magical trips when we all are able to go back to the happiest place on earth.
Big hug for you. It's hard to believe how much this hurts, isn't it? Pixie dust and fingers crossed that you get a magical make-up trip next year.

Just got off the phone to ask for a refund since our Deluxe APs were paid in full when we got them in October. I explained to the CM when we got our APs, we paid for them with gift cards, and the CM tossed them in the trash, so I didn't have the cards for the refund. I asked if it would be put on new cards instead. She said it would be in the form of a check. I would get an email once the parks are open.
By the time I got off the phone, I was crying. We had two trips cancelled and I know there isn't any way with this pandemic we can go back for a while. I am going to plan one hellofa trip for 2021. Wishing the best of health to all and the most magical trips when we all are able to go back to the happiest place on earth.
I see a gift card in your future. Disney has never refunded something bought with a gift card in the form of a check.

Finally called up to get the partial refund. From the sounds of it though the partial refund is going to be from park closure up until the end of my pass expiry (so next January!). Does this sound right? I thought it was just for the closure period

Finally called up to get the partial refund. From the sounds of it though the partial refund is going to be from park closure up until the end of my pass expiry (so next January!). Does this sound right? I thought it was just for the closure period

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter