Supposedly you know your hairdresser.....

I didn’t say anywhere there wouldn’t be more cases without masks. Not sure where you read that.
I thought (and it looks like others did as well) that was your message here:
Good to know the mask wasn’t effective. I was really hoping it was.

Granted, you didn't say exactly that but it sounded like a dismissal of mask use because of a case being transmitted while wearing one.

Well, it doesn't say it was a client, but at least one person exposed has tested positive. According to this report:
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/missouri-hair-salon-exposed-140-230420383.html
I blame poor wording.

If you actually go to the release the county gave https://www.springfieldmo.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=6815 (found on the news article though not in a hyperlink) in the announcement it clearly states:

"A second hair stylist from the Great Clips at 1864 S. Glenstone Ave. has tested positive for COVID-19. At this time, this is the only other positive result we have had from those tested as a result of the previous exposure."

I have horrible allergies. This time of year I'm constantly coughing and sneezing. Should I stay home every day? I'd be homeless in short order.
Me too. After the 10 day steroids and IV steroids and breathing treatment to get the asthma attack from the allergies under control it is the first time in MONTHS I am not sneezing and coughing! And I take ZyrtecD daily and flonase daily. When I went to urgent care because I couldn't breathe no one said I should get tested. The county Health department is now in CYA mode saying "there's enough tests, everyone with any symptoms regardless should be tested" etc etc. I can tell you the doctors aren't gonna test unless you've been in contact with known +CV19 person or have multiple symptoms including fever (even though fever doesn't always show up right away even in symptomatic people)
He thinks it just feels really different when you get a respiratory virus. But many people who get sporadic allergies can only figure it out after a few days. I know that I get allergies mainly only in April and May and when they first start I'm like "oh no, am I coming down with something?" Generally after a day or two I can figure it out.
This-and it has been AWFUL here for allergies due to the 5th wettest May on record-I live here. It's been bad.
I think everyone does need some sick days or PTO that they can use. BUT should it be used every time they have a slight cough or the sniffles? When are they going to actually do the job?
Never ever is there an answer...
Does she have a job NOW that she has put the lives of a 100 + people in danger?
The salon had to shut down. That mean well stylists are losing lots of workdays.

And of course the 2 sick stylists are having to do without their jobs while under quarantine.
No she doesn't have a job, in fact is in HIDING due to death threats from the remarks our stupid health commisioner made before he knew the FACTS. ALL the chain shops have had to close due to DEATH threats.
I haven’t but I would guess she is going to lose clients, at the very least.
She may not have been tested at the point she was working but she was working knowing she had symptoms. I think that could be a terminable offense.
Well the FACT is she went to an MD, gave her ALLERGY medicine and sent her on her way. When she continued to feel worse she went to the health department for a test as instructed to do so-no one in the health department told her to quarantine until results came in-there were signs stating this, but I can easily see how that was overlooked if you are nervous, not used to medical procedures etc. So between all this she did work. The HD personnel should have stressed to her to isolate until tests came back-they didn't.
Maybe the people are smarter where you live but here at any given moment Id say at least a quarter of the mask wearing population are wearing masks incorrectly
So has anyone tested positive from the hairdressers? If the first hairdresser worked for 9 days, that’s enough time for people to start showing symptoms.
No clients

https://www.kmbc.com/article/first-...ield-greene-county-health-department/32712652
So far, only the two stylist have tested positive. No clients have tested positive at this point.
Correct. Of course it isn't sensational click bait news so you don't see it splashed all over national news media do you? NOPE. Meanwhile all shops with this chain shut down due to people jumping to conclusions and issuing death threats.

I wasn't talking about the hairdressers - I was talking about the population of this country. We've had over two months where people were supposed to stay away from each other, only going out to get the basic necessities, and only doing so while maintaining proper distancing, masks, etc. Why is it still out there then? Because people "cheat" - I watch my neighbors hanging out together on each others decks. One house has had a constant stream of visitors. That's the insanity. So many are trying to do this the right way, while others don't give a flying fig and keep the virus going. You know why they talked about flattening the curve? It's because, by our own selfish human nature, we can't stay put when we need to, so there was no way to eradicate. And for all the sacrifices some have made, others don't care and complain about this and that.

The flatten the curve was never to get rid of the virus. Keeping people in for two months (going on over three for us though things have been opening) was to keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed. Eradication was never in the plan.

I think this idea that the virus isn’t gone because people didn’t do what they were supposed to is part of what’s creating such hostility for those going out as things open up.

Do you work? Have you seriously never gone to work when you've had a mild cough, or sniffles, a headache etc.?
Not when I worked in jobs that involved face time with customers and handling their food. If I can't keep my bodily fluids inside myself, it's time to keep myself inside.
And yes I did sometimes get in trouble with my workplace, but it's a very easy thing to reach out to the health department and report that employees at _____________ are sneezing, coughing, nasally dripping, etc. while serving customers food. Then the establishment has to close down for a few days and nobody works. So it's better that Sally just hustle a little faster to serve up the french fries, I'm not going to sneeze on them while making minimum wage, no thanks.

Update!!! Good News. Nobody was affected.
conclusion: yes Masks!!!!! Make a difference.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/11/us/missouri-hairstylists-coronavirus-clients-trnd/index.html
This seems like very good news however there was an opportunity here which was somewhat blown IMO. Only about a third of the people were tested, the article didnt say why those were tested (were they showing symptoms). It looks like only one test was performed on each of the third tested. These test have a high false negative rate. I would have rather seen two (better) or three (best) tests performed on every person because we could still have some asymptomatic spreaders in the group on 140 that were exposed.

Had they tested all 140 a couple of times and had a low overall negative rate this would have spoken very strongly for face coverings. As it is, its a step toward that but not near as strong of a statement as it could have been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts