Surprise proposal in 6 days!

K.L.M

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! My daughter is getting surprised by her BF in 6 days with a Magic Kingdom proposal! We have a few things lined up, have Memory Maker purchased for our trip too. Any suggestions or advice on ways to make it as magical as possible without adding more $$ to our trip?

Thanks!

Depending on how your Daughter will react, you can sometimes ask cast members to help out. Some people have called guest services and asked if a character could help with the proposal or even just a random cast member, they dont always say yes but I no it doesn't cost anything. If they do say yes, make sure you fill out a guest comment card at guest services, that way both the cast member or "character" gets kudos, as well as a positive mark on their employee record. Even if you dont go that far, I would suggest that someone warns the photographer before the happy couple appears for the photo.

Other than that, here is a preemptive congrats on your daughters upcoming nuptials

Depending on how your Daughter will react, you can sometimes ask cast members to help out. Some people have called guest services and asked if a character could help with the proposal or even just a random cast member, they dont always say yes but I no it doesn't cost anything. If they do say yes, make sure you fill out a guest comment card at guest services, that way both the cast member or "character" gets kudos, as well as a positive mark on their employee record. Even if you dont go that far, I would suggest that someone warns the photographer before the happy couple appears for the photo.

Other than that, here is a preemptive congrats on your daughters upcoming nuptials

THANK YOU! I did talk to a former cast member that also advised I could get a character or two involved by speaking with guest services that morning! Definitely going to do that to see if Mickey, Minnie, Belle or the Beast are available! Their theme is 100% Beauty and the Beast!

THANK YOU! I did talk to a former cast member that also advised I could get a character or two involved by speaking with guest services that morning! Definitely going to do that to see if Mickey, Minnie, Belle or the Beast are available! Their theme is 100% Beauty and the Beast!

My daughter's boyfriend proposed to my daughter when they were getting their photos taken with Winnie the Pooh and Tigger (her favourites since she was little) My husband told the photographer what he was going to do ,so he took several photos for us.The look on her face was priceless and they got a huge cheer from the people waiting in the queue.They are getting married this November at Swan and Dolphin and having Mickey and Minnie there.Hope your daughter has a wonderful time

I got proposed to at the Poly and it was the most magical day ever! Make sure you guys ask for the "happily ever after" buttons- they help a lot in getting that recognition throughout the day to make it even more magical! Are you guys planning on going anywhere for dinner or drinks to celebrate after? We went to Trader Sam's and let me tell you- they treated us like royalty! Honestly it was even better than my wedding day which was also at Disney LOL. So if you're going somewhere after, be sure to call ahead and let them know you'll be celebrating a brand new engagement and they might throw in some champagne and a sweet treat! (that's what they did for us :) )

I got proposed to at the Poly and it was the most magical day ever! Make sure you guys ask for the "happily ever after" buttons- they help a lot in getting that recognition throughout the day to make it even more magical! Are you guys planning on going anywhere for dinner or drinks to celebrate after? We went to Trader Sam's and let me tell you- they treated us like royalty! Honestly it was even better than my wedding day which was also at Disney LOL. So if you're going somewhere after, be sure to call ahead and let them know you'll be celebrating a brand new engagement and they might throw in some champagne and a sweet treat! (that's what they did for us :) )

We have reservations for 15 at The Plaza Restaurant that day! Thanks I will for sure let them know beforehand! And yes we will be getting the buttons also! Have that set up through our resort concierge! Thank you for sharing your story! I’m so excited for them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter