Surprise Upgrades from Towncars?

Crichton

Disney Fanatic
I just wanted to start a thread to see how many people have experienced surprise upgrades/treats with the towncar services (and which services they were!). So if you booked a Towncar and got a limo - share you experiences here :)

We were upgraded both at home & at Orlando on our last trip (8/24-9/2); just the luck of the draw I guess, but at home, our regular limo service had just picked-up a large party before us, so they came for us in the stretch rather than rush to switch cars; at MCO, we had booked a towncar w/Yourride & were surprised with a stretch w/Jimmy as our driver;Jimmy had just come from dropping off a group at the Port for DCL. Our luck continued on the way home, and we had a stretch both ways at no additional charge!!!!

Was there any particular reason that they bumped you (i.e. anniversary or special event) or simply because the people before you had a limo and you got lucky?:D

We got lucky on our return home one year. We had a town car reserved to take us from the airport to home (it was winter and I was worried about bad weather, of course it was fine). We ended up with a stretch limo. The driver said he had just dropped off a football player at the local Fox Sports Studio and then got the assignment to pick us up at the airport. Too bad by the time we rolled down our street it was dark and no one saw it! :p

We use Happy Limo a lot because we take a lot of Disney cruises, and we've been fortunate enough to have a couple upgrades. The latest was coming home today...they sent a gorgeous new stretch limo! For cruises, upgrades can happen if they are picking up or dropping off another party at the port...if they ordered a limo, you might wind up in it for your leg of the journey (for example, if we head to the cruise in the morning and there is a party going back who ordered a limo, we might be brought out in that vehicle). I hope I explained that clearly!!
I really enjoyed the upgrade today because the vehicle was brand-new and even had a flat-screen tv.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter