SURVIVOR 35 • Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers - "Come on in, guys!"

I have also noticed that the contestants don't seem to struggle anymore. All reward challenges involve food, where years ago it would be luxury items for camp (pre-merge) and then individual pampering, spa, showers, food. Movie and popcorn? They would have to choose people to take with them.

I remember Africa, Ethan's season. His team won a food reward. They pigged out on steak and pasta. They hadn't had any real food in like 2 weeks. They were all sick afterwards. Diarrhea being the main culprit. You can't just stuff yourself after starving for weeks. We don't see that anymore. their bodies are no longer "starved" they can eat anything with no adverse effects. (probably why the show changed it up)

Yes, it doesn't seem like they aren't as hungry anymore. It seems like they are supplied more food now then they were in earlier season. Now it's more of a social game. In years past it was more truly survivor type game.

Being a provider of fish used to be one of the big game strategies...
Under Lauren's name, it says she is a fisherman. I just do not get why they are not fishing. They would have enough food if someone fished. I live in Wisconsin and people take off of work just to go fishing. Fishing fever.

I have also noticed that the contestants don't seem to struggle anymore. All reward challenges involve food, where years ago it would be luxury items for camp (pre-merge) and then individual pampering, spa, showers, food. Movie and popcorn? They would have to choose people to take with them.

I remember Africa, Ethan's season. His team won a food reward. They pigged out on steak and pasta. They hadn't had any real food in like 2 weeks. They were all sick afterwards. Diarrhea being the main culprit. You can't just stuff yourself after starving for weeks. We don't see that anymore. their bodies are no longer "starved" they can eat anything with no adverse effects. (probably why the show changed it up)

Yes they are spoiled now. Get rid of the feasts until the very end. A challenge win can result in a hot dog for each person, extra mustard if they want to go super luxe.

I stopped watching years ago...same stuff...different people. Seems they never learn from previous seasons.

Sorry that's my opinion and since I watched plenty of seasons before I stopped watching the show I can say that I saw nothing but the same stuff season after season...different people...like I said. If you like the show then that's great but I stopped watching because of the reason I stated. I sure don't have to watch each and every season to have an opinion.

So you're commenting here because....??? Oh just the cool kid who stopped watching & let's the rest of know we out of stepo_Oo_Oo_O

Under Lauren's name, it says she is a fisherman. I just do not get why they are not fishing. They would have enough food if someone fished. I live in Wisconsin and people take off of work just to go fishing. Fishing fever.

She is a commercial fisherman. Big difference than a rod & reel or speargun type fishing. But I do agree they should be fishing.

WHY?!?!?! Do they not get Joe out - he is the biggest threat next to Ben.

They've shown different people fishing on this season. Remember Ben's beef with Cole about him eating the fish he caught instead of sharing it with everyone? And Mike shared his small fish with everyone. I think it's not shown on every episode because they have to edit to fit the time slot, but I'm guessing that they are fishing pretty regularly.

Yes they are spoiled now. Get rid of the feasts until the very end. A challenge win can result in a hot dog for each person, extra mustard if they want to go super luxe.

"welcome, come on in to the Oscar Mayer reward challenge, brought to you by Oscar Mayer - if you win, you can eat in the Oscar Mayer wienermobile"
could totally work - wouldn't be any more horrid than the Outback Steakhouse reward

"welcome, come on in to the Oscar Mayer reward challenge, brought to you by Oscar Mayer - if you win, you can eat in the Oscar Mayer wienermobile"
could totally work - wouldn't be any more horrid than the Outback Steakhouse reward

It was definitely cringeworthy! :scared:

Did you ever watch the Ponderosa videos? Where they always used to get on the scale and see how much crazy amount of weight they had lost? And when they got the first look of themselves in a mirror?

I actually don't know what those are. Are they videos online after someone is voted out?

We think this every time they win a food challenge with chocolate and sweets. That stuff would go right through someone who has not had a solid food menu for weeks and are basically living on one meal a day if that.

I actually don't know what those are. Are they videos online after someone is voted out?

Ponderosa is what they call the place where the jury members live after they are voted out each season. CBS makes a short clip each week of what the jury is doing. Some seasons are more interesting then others to watch. I suppose just like the regular show :)

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/738177399/survivor-fans-vs-favorites-coming-to-terms/

If you go to that link and scroll down you'll see a section titled Ponderosa

Ponderosa is what they call the place where the jury members live after they are voted out each season. CBS makes a short clip each week of what the jury is doing. Some seasons are more interesting then others to watch. I suppose just like the regular show :)

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/738177399/survivor-fans-vs-favorites-coming-to-terms/

If you go to that link and scroll down you'll see a section titled Ponderosa

I have always wished that they would spend one show just showing what happens to the contestants after they are voted out, where they stay, etc. On Amazing Race in the early seasons they used to show where they got to stay, what they did in their down hours, etc. I find that makes the show and the contestants' experiences more interesting and relatable.

I wonder if Lauren is going to win. She may have put a target on herself by winning the Immunity Challenge though.

It was smart, who they went with. Will discuss more tomorrow.
Ryan was dumb to talk so much. Now he has a target on his back.
Joe is awful.
I am kinda hoping Lauren wins.

Ben is starting to annoy me, I wish they would send him home next. :duck:
I kind of agree with Dr Mike when he said Joe was"strangely entertaining".o_O
Ryan was dumb telling both Devin and Ben about his idol.:headache:
So glad Cole finally went home.:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter