SWA companion pass Q

slp87

DIS Veteran
I’ve booked a flight from LBB to MCO. I have to connect in Dallas where my friend will meet up with me. Can I book her just on the DAL - MCO portion with my companion pass?

I strongly suspect no - you have to add the companion ticket via your existing ticket. I don't think it'll let you book her for half the flight, nor will it let her hop on at DAL if she missed the LBB-DAL portion of the flight - normally it would cancel her whole ticket when she misses the LBB flight.

You could book yourself on 2 flights, LBB-DAL then DAL-MCO, and just add her onto the 2nd flight.

I thought about that, but I would have to probably go down and claim my luggage and then re-check in and go through security.

You could book yourself on 2 flights, LBB-DAL then DAL-MCO, and just add her onto the 2nd flight.
I thought about that, but I would have to probably go down and claim my luggage and then re-check in and go through security.
I live in the Dallas area, and fly Southwest from Dallas a few times a year. I have a companion pass too.

You might want to contact SWA and see if they have any suggestions for your situation. Otherwise, the suggestion to book two separate flights to get to MCO is probably your best hope.

Do you have TSA pre-check or anything like that to get through security quicker? Security in Dallas is usually pretty easy even without TSA pre-check. I would recommend a connection time of 2.5 hours if you are going to have to pick up your luggage, stand-in line for bag drop (this part may take a while depending on the day and time), go through security, and get to your gate. The Dallas Love Field airport is pretty compact, and the walking time isn't much to worry about. If you end up with excess time for the connection, there are plenty of decent restaurants.

Nope. Becuase you did not buy your ticket for travel that starts in the connection city. They have to be added to your ticket at the time you buy a ticket and check in at your departure airport where your ticket of travel originally starts from not the connection city.

I’ve booked a flight from LBB to MCO. I have to connect in Dallas where my friend will meet up with me. Can I book her just on the DAL - MCO portion with my companion pass?
Can you book a multi-city itinerary?
LBB-DAL (same date)
DAL-MCO (same date)

Then, you could check your bag through to the destination.

Can you book a multi-city itinerary?
LBB-DAL (same date)
DAL-MCO (same date)

Then, you could check your bag through to the destination.
No, the luggage would have to be picked up from baggage claim in Dallas, and re-checked.

In order for the luggage to go all the way through, the ticket purchase would have to be LBB-MCO. But then the companion pass wouldn't work with Dallas as a starting point.

No, the luggage would have to be picked up from baggage claim in Dallas, and re-checked.

In order for the luggage to go all the way through, the ticket purchase would have to be LBB-MCO. But then the companion pass wouldn't work with Dallas as a starting point.
I am pretty sure they allow you to check all the way to destination when you book it as a multi-city reservation (Or, at least they have permitted it in the past). But, OP could call to double check just in case the policy has changed.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sou...774-using-multi-city-search-book-end-end.html.

I am pretty sure they allow you to check all the way to destination when you book it as a multi-city reservation (Or, at least they have permitted it in the past). But, OP could call to double check just in case the policy has changed.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sou...774-using-multi-city-search-book-end-end.html.
If the ticket is LBB-MCO, the luggage goes all the way through, regardless of any stopovers or plane switches.

If the tickets are LBB-DAL, then DAL-MCO, the luggage must be picked up in Dallas.

The OP wants to use her companion pass for the DAL-MCO leg of the trip. There isn't a way to book a companion for only one leg of the trip. She needs to buy two separate tickets for herself in order for it to work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter