• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Swan and Dolphin

jaw62901

Mouseketeer
I am still working on setting up my reservations from my trip I will be taken by myself Dec 26 to Jan 3. I want to make sure that I look at all possibilities before I put a deposit down on anything.

For those people who have stayed at either, what are they like.?Is this a place that a single person would enjoy?

Any information would be great

I stayed at the Dolphin last July. I think it would be a great place for a single person. Everyone I encountered there was so friendly. Great pool, wonderful location. It would be so convenient for you to just take the five minute walk to the Boardwalk for evening enetertainment. You could also walk to Epcot or MGM if you don't want to take the boat.

I have stayed by myself at the Swan twice. I loved every second of it. It was so easy to get to everywhere and I never felt alone. People were very helpful and I loved my Heavenly bed last time. I think you will like it. I will be going back for my third alone trip there in about a month or so, and can not wait.

and I was at the Dolphin just in March 2003 with my husband and daughter - and I would be very happy to go back there as a single person....not that I miss being single - no way - anyway, I don't know if you are indulging yourself on this trip but the balcony rooms at the Dolphin are nice - although I would definitely want one that faces Epcot. We stayed in room 8029 and could see the fireworks every night and I especially liked it that the boardwalk area (ESPN CLUB is there, shops, etc) lit up the area over to the right of us - The great Epcot ball was straight ahead - so "Disney" - fresh breeze and sunshine in the room was just so relaxing....

Anyway - if you can manage it get the balcony room and if you register as a Starwood guest and get that Starwood Am Express card and get yourself upgraded to be a GOLD starwood guest they'll upgrade you....but you just want to be upgraded to club level privs and keep the balcony room - then you can wander up to eat the free lovely breakfast in the mornings - spend your days at the beach there at the Dolphin (in the hammocks!!!) do go down the slide at the Grotto pool (I giggled for the first time in years going down that slide....) or head over the parks - and DO take the little boat to the parks - it is just too convenient and relaxing and the boats are VERY regular to the docks - and then head back to the club level for your evening munchies - cheese and crackers, hor devours, fruit, big cookies, drinks, cheap booze if that's your thing -

I'm 35 - and I am a little overwhelmed by feeling overrun at pool areas....something we always felt at other Disney hotels. ON this last trip we took time to visit Yacht and beach, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Boardwalk, etc. and we were most pleased with the Dolphin.

In your position I considered the Swan, but the lobby is just so small and unimpressive - and all things considered, I just prefer the Dolphin....hands down. ROOM 8029 or something by it!!! There are non-balcony rooms every other room - so if you don't spring for balcony get a room near there...

I would go to the trouble of the Starwood status and Am Express card so I could be upgraded to Gold - because a nice room and a nice view is important to me....and free food is always nice and I found the club level dining very relaxing.....and I like my bed turned down on vacation w/ a chocolate on it. What can I say?
Go Dolphin!

Do go down that slide. Put your arms up by your ears and slide. It seems so "unadultlike" to do that - but it is one of my favorite things about our last trip. Silly me. Do it!!! and then smile when you think of me! I"ll be so proud of you!!!!!

S/D have such an awesome location. On our stay at the Dolphin last August, I took an afternoon to myself (DH was napping and DSs were at BB) and walked over to the Boardwalk to look in the shops and sit near the water. It was a quiet time of day there and it was so nice to be so close to my resort!

This was just to give you an example of how convienent the Swan/Dolphin is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter