Swan or Dolphin? Can't decide!

kjmc

Earning My Ears
I've never stayed at either the Swan or Dolphin but have decided to this June. So, would you choose the Swan or Dolphin and why. I have a 11 and 13 y/o. Thanks!

Hey, I vote for the Dolphin. We were just there in March 2003 and had a wonderful time. I say Dolphin because of their pool primarily. They have a waterfall and slide at one pool. The slide is a truly guilty pleasure for adults and kids will wear themselves OUT there. My daughter did. I liked this slide in particular because it just felt so very safe. There is a life guard at the top and bottom of the slide so it is well monitored. You can plant yourself in the sun right there and watch them - (or I suggest you give it a try and go down yourself...I actually giggled and I haven't giggled in years). Kids love the pool and I liked this pool area (several pools and hot tubs tucked around) because it wasn't overrun. I liked it because it was very clean. I liked it because I could eat down there. I liked it because there were bathrooms right there and they were actually clean. I liked the lap pool, kiddie pools, waterfalls and most of all the delight the slide gave my daughter...mmmm...and me. I'd forgotten how to giggle.

Inside the Dolphin the lobby is huge - fountain and all. Kids like escalators too...me too. Kids like to be able to breath loud and not have stuffy old codgers glaring at them. They can do that here....but hey, honestly I didn't hear any noise at my hotel room. To tell you the truth, I would see the maids and a few people wandering down the hall - but it was VERY quiet for us.

In whole, my ONLY complaint about the Dolphin was the fact that they were slow to pick up the room service dishes in the hall from time to time. We were there 10 days.

I do recommend the balcony rooms. They made me feel not stuffed into a hotel room. They came to measure my room the day we were checking out - so I suspect the renovations will be completed soon enough. I will DEFINITELY go back to the Dolphin. My picky self gives it a BIG THUMBS UP.

Ashley's Mom, the Swan and Dolphin share that pool area :) I've never stayed at either, but I did win the Swan for 2 nights on Priceline back when it was $59/night so we're going to be staying there soon (if we can get our petsitting situation worked out!). If it were me, I'd go with whichever one I could win on Priceline or Hotwire for a cheap price :p They both look really nice, so I'm sure you can go wrong with either. The only difference that I can see is that the Swan has already been renovated and thus has the Heavenly Beds already.

I love the Swan..It is much smaller than the DOlphin. I hate walking forever to get to my room when I am coming in late at night. I also love the Swan restaurants...even though the DOlphin has Tubbies...which I love. Ok, so I am cheap. Really it is a matter of small or big. They are or will be decorated the same. Regular rooms are only slightly different in size. Swan does have Queen beds and two sinks as opposed to Double beds and one sink at the Dolphin. Better views at the Dolphin though.

I decided on the Swan for May since the renovations have been completed. The question is do you want to be at the Dolphin during renovations? You may or may not get a renovated room. That is what I based my decision on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter