Swan OR Dolphin

debster

Mouseketeer
I was able to get a great rate at the Swan for my upcoming trip. I have read all sorts of great info about both of these resorts here on DIS and am still reading!

We picked the Swan because we are not taking the kids, just me and DH.

I have read more great reviews about the Dolphin and it is making me re-think my decision.

Which resort would be better for 2 adults on a long weekend trip?

We have requested a King Bed on a higher floor. Any specific room requests for a great view at the Swan? Will the higher floors be renovated by this Fall?

Are the views better at the Dolphin? Should I change my request? And what is a great room request for the Dolphin.

That's all the questions for now but I am sure I will think of more :)

Hi debster - We've stayed at both (always with the kids) but I would definitely say without kids the Swan. It is quieter, more reserved, more personal. The Dolphin has tons more convention people, a very 'busy' feel, more circus-like would probably be a good term. The Dolphin does have the restaurants downstairs and is closer to the Grotto pool, but for just the two of you, it would be a nice walk over there.

I agree, for just you and DH, the Swan!

It does seem more quiet, refined and elegant.

The Swan has the "hollywood bath" set up, meaning there are two sinks, one behind a door with the tub & toilet, and one right outside the door. I prefer that set-up over the Dolphin's bathrooms. Might make it easier for you two getting ready to go out for the day (or night.)

But the Dolphin is definitely my favorite of the two!

Thanks everyone! :Pinkbounc

I am feeling better about my choice. We want something laid back and convienent!

What about room locations at the Swan, any suggestions? We would love to luck out and get a balcony with a view!:bounce:

BUMP:bounce: :Pinkbounc

I noticed a few more threads about this so I thought I would move these great answers up.

Also, does anyone else have anything to add?

Thanks so much for ALL this great information! You guys are great ;)

Just back from first trip at Swan. You will love it. We had a renovated room. The beds are the most comfortable hotel beds ever!

Thanks for the report opal!

What type of room did you have, did you like the location? And what kind of view did you have.

I am trying to figure out if I should put special room requests on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter