Following! I have enjoyed your previous reports and can’t wait to hear about this one!
Thanks for following along! So glad you are here!

Still trying to decide if we should go the night before or just leave early the first morning for our trip in 2020. How tired were your girls the following morning?
So, they were tired, but we had a slow day the next day this trip. So, that helped. But we weren't meant to be quiet THAT late. We as a family tend to rebound better from a late night than an early morning and long day. Not sure why... it equals out to the same sleep time.

We did an early flight for December and we survived but were just as tired. If not more so the next day. Friday night has def become our perferred time to fly.

Flights getting delayed is always a bummer but at least it gave you time to work out the parking!
I would of been freaking out if the flight wasn't delayed!

And it also stinks that the person in your row didn’t just switch with Morgan :confused3. Shortly after Mike and I started dating, he lived in Florida for a while and I frequently flew Southwest alone and moved all the time to let kids sit with their parents.
You would think, but some people don't care, unfortantly. It was ok, and some kids wouldn't have minded as much but Morgan is just not outgoing. But she survived.

What a bummer that the flight was delayed, there was no long term parking, and your server at dinner wasn't great. Not the best start to a Disney vacation, but you had a good attitude about it and a few hiccups are worth the trouble to be back at Disney.
There were some hiccups but for the most part we just rolled with the punches. Checking in that late and waiting so long was def the worst!

I love Gwen's food photo. She's already got the hang of trip report pictures! :rotfl:
She is a product of YouTube! I try to understand it, in order to not feel old, but I just don't most of the time.

I seriously wish that the dis reader that I ran into last Feb, I was with Gwen. I really think she thought I was famous! Ha!

I am here!

We were also there the end of August we were then the 22-29!

My name is Ariella and I am the planner of all of our trips! We were lucky enough to get Annual Pass this past February. And this was our 3rd trip on those passes! So, for my birthday, DH got me this lovely shirt for part of my birthday!
I am obsessed with this shirt! Mission on my next trip is to find it! which i am sure will be impossible but i LOVE IT!

UGH frustrating day, and this is why Southwest is not on the top of my airline list, this and that they don't fly out of my home airport.

Happy you finally made it and looking forward to hearing more about this trip!

I am obsessed with this shirt! Mission on my next trip is to find it! which i am sure will be impossible but i LOVE IT!
Good News!! I know where DH got the shirt. Form a website called teepublic.com There are lots of fun designs.
https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/4671109-why-yes-i-am-going-again
UGH frustrating day, and this is why Southwest is not on the top of my airline list, this and that they don't fly out of my home airport.
Southwest is unfortantly and neccisary evil for us. Flying out of Philly, it is the cheapest flight option. Well, we have had REALLY bad expierences with Frontier and other cheapie companies. So we kind of just deal with it.

Oh my gosh Grand Destino looks amazing in your photo! And I love that, tired as you all must have been, Gwen had the energy for a jammy selfie!
Welcome!!!! She is something, that one!

Good News!! I know where DH got the shirt. Form a website called teepublic.com There are lots of fun designs.
https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/4671109-why-yes-i-am-going-again

AHH! totally getting this!

Southwest is unfortantly and neccisary evil for us. Flying out of Philly, it is the cheapest flight option. Well, we have had REALLY bad expierences with Frontier and other cheapie companies. So we kind of just deal with it.

Ugh am sure, we like Jetblue but they are getting pricey, but they are out of Newark so where we usually default to, but in Feb we are doing Jetblue there and United home... i wish i liked United more they have so many flights... ok i digress here.. i could go on and on about flight issues... so i am just going to stop my self....

Day One: We are on Vacation! Kind of...

So, today, we decided to go visit my grandparents. They live in Sebring, FL which is about 2 hours directly south of Disney. My grandfather's health has been tough and go, so we decided to take a day trip down and see them.

We should have been in the hotel a good 2-3 hours earlier, so we had originally planned to leave early but with out late arrival, we decided to let the girls sleep in a bit.

The girls ended up waking up around 8:45, which is super late for the girls, they are 6:00 AM every morning girls.

Checking out Tink's Gift
The girls slowly got up and checked out what Tink left them.

Gwen: Tink's Gift
Today was a bunch of stuff for the girls to use/do on the drive there and back. Wishables to open in the car, Sticker By Number Books and some Mad Libs with some pens. This was all a big hit with the girls.

We spent about an hour getting ready to finally head out. I had booked a car rental that we needed to pick up at the car rental center. So, we slowly walked over to the main lobby to grab some breakfast to go and call an uber.

Pre-Teens!
The girls were testing out there phones and taking pictures as we walked.

Vlogger in the making

New Grass Area
The wall here, was really beautiful! This picture doesn't really show now beautiful the mosaic was/is.
Coronado Wall
I have to think they will use this area for conference happy hours.

Coronado Building
Gwen took this picture. She was def testing her photography skills.
Gwen: Coronado Building

Walt Painting
Back inside Grand Destino, was this painting. Which I loved.

Chandaler
The lobby was really beautiful!

They have a direct connection from the new building to the old lobby area. You kind of walk past all of the old check in area. And let me tell you, that was a huge area and the new check in area is not!

We stopped at Rix Cafe for some breakfast on the go.
Gwen: Donuts

Gwen decided on a Chocolate Crossant, and Morgan went for a Cinnamon Roll. I went with a Cronnut, as I had never had one. And Andy just grabbed a Bannana. (boring) All of the pastries were fine. Nothing amazing.

Andy and I both grabbed Cold Brew Coffee. And we grabbed 3 of the refillable mugs. While checking out, the lady asked like 3 times if we had the dinning plan. Which we didn't. And I think she thought we were crazy for buying them. I figured we would be spending more time at the resort this trip that it would be worth it.

With our goodies in hand, Andy searched for an uber as we walked out to the front.

But we had to stop for some more pictures...
Gwen' taking Selfie

Gwen: Selfie
Gwen for some reason loved this fountian.

Gwen by the fountain

But we did in fact make it outside eventually... The girls started on there breakfast while we waited for the uber.
Untitled

While we were waiting, this conversation was happening.
Untitled
I am not even really sure why this was a conversation, but it was....

By 10:00 we were being dropped off at the Car Center. This was super easy to pick up. There was no line at this point in time, so we checked in, grabbed a booster seat for Gwen and went out to the parking spot that they told us to go to.

We headed down, which turned out to be basically a straight shot!

Gwen kept busy by opening her Wishable and doing some Mad Libs.
Gwen: Possom

Gwen: Mad Libs

We arrived to my grandparents around noon and visited with them.
Morgan, Me, Nanna & Gwen

Grandparents

We mostly sat around and talked. We did take a walk around the yard and checked out my grandfather's pineapple tree.
Checking out Pappy's Pineapple Plant
Exciting right?

The highlight of the visit.... this guy...
Lizard with no tail in Sebring
The girls were obsessed with his tail, or lack of the tail.

We had a light lunch and played some Uno. (a game I grew up playing with my grandparents) We stayed till about 3:00 when we could tell that my grandfather was getting tired. It was a nice visit and very laid back.

We headed back, and decided to make a stop at a local store on the way. The store was called Davidson of Dundee. It is a local Jelly Store.

Gwen: Honey
And it pretty much sold anything that you could make with Citrus. They had a sign outside saying that it was featured on the Food Network Channel and that they had free OJ samples. Unfortantly there were no free OJ samples but they did have some of the candies to try and the jellies.

We bought some jelly for my mom and sister and candies to share on the drive and headed back onto the road. We had one more stop to make before getting back on property.

Since we had a car, we stopped for Groceries at a Publix on the way as well. Got the items we would usually order via Garden Grocer. We grabbed Chex Mix, Mangos, Watermelon, Bannanas, Mini Muffins. Cold Brew Coffee, Milk, Chocolate Milk, Beer, & Soda and headed out.

And oh man! Just walking from the exit of the grocery store to the car, I felt like I was going to melt!

Around 5:05: Driving under the Disney Sign!
Walt's Sign

It was good to be back on property! And it felt like vaction was now starting.

We drove over to the Swan & Dolphin to drop off the car. When we were checking in, they said we could drop it off there or at the Car Center. We thought this would be easier. Valet was able to take the car from us. And we called another uber to bring us to Coronado.

We were back in the room around 5:30! It was nice to visit with my grandparents but it still felt like we weren't on vacation. I unpacked our groceries and we headed out for dinner as we were STARVING!!!

up next.... dinner!

Ugh am sure, we like Jetblue but they are getting pricey, but they are out of Newark so where we usually default to, but in Feb we are doing Jetblue there and United home... i wish i liked United more they have so many flights... ok i digress here.. i could go on and on about flight issues... so i am just going to stop my self....
I would love to fly JetBlue, but pretty much any flight on Jet Blue needs to go North first and switch planes. Which I refuse to do with such a short flight!

When are you going in Feb? We are going for our last trip. We will be in Disney Feb. 7th to the 16th. We are flying American for this last trip. We are hoping we can collect miles with DH flying some for work.

Your girls were really good getting up when they did, given that you all only arrived so late.

I love going offsite. Since we live in Europe it is interesting to see a bit more than just Disney, even though we haven't strayed far this last summer. ;)
Lovely family pics by the way.
Your grandparents' home looks lovely with all the flowers and even a pineapple tree!

Love shopping at Publix - we spend hours (again, different to what we have in Europe :goodvibes) and you got me all mixed up when you said that you went to the Swolfin. :rotfl2:For a moment I thought you were changing hotels.

Can't wait to read about dinner!

Very nice that you took the time to visit your grandparents. I know I always get frustrated taking time out of our vacations to drive extra to visit Mike's family but when we get there, it's nice to spend time with them and make the memories.

I’m here!!
Welcome!!! Glad you are here.

Your girls were really good getting up when they did, given that you all only arrived so late.
They really did. It def was good that the day was fairly laid back.

Love shopping at Publix - we spend hours (again, different to what we have in Europe :goodvibes) and you got me all mixed up when you said that you went to the Swolfin.
I can understand that. Publix is great even if you are from the US. We were on a mission, we were in and out this trip.

Sebring doesn't have to much to see. It's mostly orange groves and old people. Don't put it on your list... ha.

Very nice that you took the time to visit your grandparents. I know I always get frustrated taking time out of our vacations to drive extra to visit Mike's family but when we get there, it's nice to spend time with them and make the memories.
It is hard but every couple of trips we do try to go and see them. This was a super short one this time. But it was def good that we went.

Sorry your flight was delayed. I feel like the waits at Disney sometimes can be so long especially when you just want to get to your room.

I love the Gran Destino lobby, we will be staying in the tower in January.
The kids with their phones so preteens now! It never changes haha!
It was nice for you to visit with your grandparents and it wasn’t to far of a drive.

They have a direct connection from the new building to the old lobby area. You kind of walk past all of the old check in area. And let me tell you, that was a huge area and the new check in area is not!
I like the old lobby better lol! And I hope they do something with it! It's always sad walking through now.

Very nice that you got to visit your grandparents. You are super lucky to still have them and that the girls are able to know them ❤

I'm here and I have a feeling I may make an appearance or two in this report :earboy2:

Well, it was good we had left when we did, because we got to long term parking and they were full!!! We have never had this as a problem!
Yikes!!!!! We usually just uber or taxi to the airport but next time we drive I'll be sure to make sure to have a back-up plan just in case. Good thing you all had plenty of time. I would have been stressed with Morgan.

By 6:15, we were relaxing and having drinks! Vacation had begon!
Best way to start vacay!!!!

So, Gwen inherited the old phone to use basically as an Ipad. (no cell service) So, we was trying to be a vlogger and took a bunch of pictures in the beginning of the trip.
Our girls are so cut from the same cloth.

Gwen: Gwen's Dinner
She staged this, for a nice food picture...
Gorgeous photo :earboy2:

We got behind a family with 3 very tispy people.
Was it me? :drinking1

Finally it was our turn. The check in person was very nice but it was just so late. I just wanted to get to our room so we could go to sleep!
Crazy you got in so late and didn't get a room text. I would have been so annoyed

We were back in the room around 5:30! It was nice to visit with my grandparents but it still felt like we weren't on vacation.
Glad you got to spend some time with your grandparents. I know it wasn't vacation but clearly great for them and you all.

I love the Gran Destino lobby, we will be staying in the tower in January.
The kids with their phones so preteens now! It never changes haha!
I think you will like the Gran Destino. It is fancy but still not too fancy.

I like the old lobby better lol! And I hope they do something with it! It's always sad walking through now.
I hope they do somethign with it as well. It was kind of weird, it looked abandonded.

Was it me? :drinking1
ha! That would have been better. They were suprisingly not bad on the plane, they kept there loudness for the terminal.

Glad you got to spend some time with your grandparents. I know it wasn't vacation but clearly great for them and you all.
It was def good we went.

Day Two: A Relaxing Dinner and Some Night Swimming

I left us off heading to dinner. But I forgot to mention that we found our Mickey Ears on the bed like this.
Gwen: Mickey Ears

And Gwen LOVED IT!!!

So, Gwen decided "hide" them around the room.

Ewok Ears Hidden

Rose Gold Ears Hidden

Unicorn Ears Hidden

And wrote this note for Tinkerbell.
Gwen's Notes to Tink

She said she wanted to do this each night! Which is so cute but really?!?! Like I don't have enough trying to remember to lay out the gifts before I pass out every night. Oye!

Our room was the second set of buildings on the right of the new Tower, so we were fairly close to the pool area. And we cut through the pool area and over 1 of the 3 bridges to Villa Del Lago.

Villa Del Lago

We walked up around 5:45 and were seated right away. We were sat at one of the couch seating areas. And it was perfect for us. The girls were able to lounge a bit. This is becoming there favorite way to dine!

New Coronado Tower
We had this as our view.

Morgan Puzzling it up
Morgan actually sat on the floor and used the coffee table like she would at home. And it was perfectly fine.

We ordred drinks first. Andy ordered a Margarita, but also asked for a diet coke as well.
Andy's Drinks
And the waiter had brought out waters for everyone as well. So, Andy had quiet the collection of beverages! Andy really liked his Margarita.

I ordered The Mango Fresco drink as it sounded intresting.
Mango Fresco
Frozen Blended Agustín Blázquez Felipe II Solera Reserva Brandy, Torres Magdala Naranjas del Mediterráneo, Mango, Lime, Hibiscus Grenadine

It was really good! So, good I had 2! The cherries on the top kind of sunk to the bottom and we had a whole guessing game as to what they were. And for some reason cherries was not guessed! I don't know.... But they were good, they were not your standard red cherry.

Morgan and Gwen both wanted the special Tinkerbell Lemonades, and we let them, since it was the beginning of the trip!
Light Up Tinkerball Cup by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

The atmosphere that night was nice and relaxed. It was perfect. Our waiter was great as well.

We ordered a bunch of things to share. We started with the Warm Manchego and Oaxaca Cheese Dip.
Warm Manchego and Oaxaca Cheese Dip
chorizo, poblano peppers, tortilla chips

OMG! This was soooo good. I dream about it. Morgan even tried it and liked it alot and got her to try 2 other cheese dips over the course of the trip.

Andy and I also shared the Shrimp Corn Dogs.
Fried Shrimp Corn Dogs
Fried Shrimp Corn Dogs with smoked paprika fries

These were good. The breading wasn't very flavorful, but sauce that it came with was really good. And the fries were really good.
Corn Dog Nuggets

And then we split the Skirt Steak
Grilled Sirloin Steak
Grilled Sirloin Steak on a grilled baguette, pepper relish, 63° egg

This was also really good. I really liked it. Andy wasn't completely on board with the egg. But I enjoyed. The Skirt Steak was nice and red, it was perfect.

Morgan went with the kids Skirt Steak.
Kids: Grilled Skirt Steak
She got fries and fruit with it. And was very happy with her meal. She loves skirt steak. She could have eaten twice as much steak but she was happy. I think she may have eaten a couple shrimp corn dogs as well.

Gwen went with the kids Shrimp Corn Dogs.
Kids: Shrimp Corn Dog
We kind of talked her into it, as she loves corn dogs. She didn't love the shrimp part, so she basically ate the breaded part and passed the shrimp to Morgan.

But she loved the tiny side of mac and cheese!

We were having a good time just lounging and eating. We talked about things that I can no longer remember but I do remember it being a heated debate about god only knows what. Probably what Star Wars character is the best or something... (that is a converstion WAY too many times in this house)

Our waiter mentioned that he want to Galaxy's Edge, probably because he over heard our conversation. CM previews were finishing up and he was raving about it. And Morgan and Gwen were loving all the info he was telling them. So, Andy decided to tell the girls that we were going to go to Galaxy's Edge!!!

Morgan LOST ... HER ... MIND !!!! She was soooo excited.

I was a little tipsy, ala @kastoney and I remember thinking I needed to write some tipsy notes! Ha. But of course I didn't...

View from Three Bridges
We decided to skip dessert as we had the treats we had gotten on the road. So, we paid the bill and headed out. I can't stress how nice and relaxing the evening was.

We headed back to the room. We were going to take a quick dip in the pool. But Morgan didn't want to go. So, we let her stay in the room. This was a first for us. And I wasn't completely sure how I felt about it. I did bring my phone just in case she needed us.

Gwen Relaxing
Gwen requested a pic of her "relaxing"

Frog on Elevator Door
We also found this little guy hanging out on the side of the elevator door. Sadly, we saw him later, smooshed on the ground.... RIP tiny frog...

Temple @ Night
We headed down to the pool around 8:00.

Pool @ Night
Since I had my phone, I was able to snap some pictures. It was beautiful out that night.

Andy and Gwen went to try the water slide out.
Spitting Jaguar

Gwen on the Slide: Blurry
I tried to get a picture of them going down..... that didn't go so well....

Andy & Gwen Night Swimming
Look at this nice Father / Daughter Picture...

Right after I snapped that picture, Andy did this to Gwen..
Tossing Gwen
Such love.

I brought the refillable cups to fill them with fountain Soda before heading back. So, I did that, and then we headed back to the room around 8:45.

Watching Stacey
We all relaxed a bit and I watched a little Stacy while relaxing.

Stacey and Chip & Dale

New Lady
And this lady! I don't like her! I feel like they are trying to phase out Stacey!!!

We called it a night soon after!

As we had some friends to meet up with tomorrow!

48619665422_943e794b70_z.jpg

So cute!
48619481156_f046d4a2e4_z.jpg
Mango Fresco
YUM!! I saw this on a blog post not long ago and really want one!

All the food, in fact, looks so yummy!!

I think Gwen is old enough to relax in the room- hard though that first time! I get it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!