Sweden is finally on the Disney Map!

Jonas_Swe

°o° DIS Veteran °o°
(I am not sure if this is the right place to post this - but it's international... so here goes.)

Hi everyone! :wave2:

I am happy to announce that since last fall (there's been a trail period) Sweden now has its first Disney Store! :smickey:

Sure, I know that to most Americans that's not a big thing, but to us it's huge. pixiedust:

We have been a blank spot on the Disney Map for ages, and the last time around we had anything like it was in the mid '90s when a retail store had acquired the license to sell Disney merchandise. They were called "Cartoon Store" and also had other animated merchandise to sell, but mainly it was Disney stuff. :cool2:

I went there as often as I could, back in the days and I did spend quite a fortune too. *LOL* :goodvibes

Just to give you a clue of how off we were, the closest Disney Store was in London... :scared1::sad::sad2:

But now... *drum roll*... We have our very own Disney Store here in Stockholm and I couldn't be more excited! :earboy2:

Last year a brand new shopping center opened just north of the city, it's called Mall of Scandinavia, and yes it's huge. There Disney finally saw an opportunity to open up a store, and it's been on a "trail period" for a while and as far as I know it's been going great, so they'll definitely keep it.

They sell the usual plush characters, kids character costumes and kids clothes as most Disney Stores feature, and a whole section is dedicated to Star Wars which is really big here in Sweden. They also have a Kids Corner where children can play with toys from the shop and on one wall they're showing Disney Classics back to back all day. :tink:

I'll post some pics here from the opening day! :jester:
I even got to hang out with Darth Wader, a Storm Trooper and R2D2. :darth:

And if you would like me to keep an eye out for any Swedish specific merchandise or fun happenings at the store, just let me know. The Mall of Scandinavia is on my commute route anyway so it won't take many minutes to stop by. :drive:

Disney Store - Sweden (1).jpg

:tinker:

Last edited:

Go Sweden! We still don't have one in The Netherlands. There was one in Antwerp, Belgium for a while, but was closed pretty soon.

What kind of dedicated Swedish Merchandise do they have? Just the Swedish Chef from the Muppets ;) ?

Cool! :cool:

Well, I know that they had some specials for the opening, I'm not sure if they're still available. There were pens, note pads and such small stuff. Nothing big, but I thought it was a nice effort.

I could swing by and take a look this weekend of course. :thumbsup2

LOL... The Swedish Chef is not there actually, but it would be hilarious if he was! :rotfl:

And we won't count all the Frozen merchandise to Scandinavia either... Because then it would just be really unfair. :rotfl2:

That's so exciting! Trust me, as an Aussie, I know exactly how big of a deal it is - our nearest Disney store is in Hong Kong, about a 10 hour flight away lol!

We had Disney stores for a few years when I was a kid, but they closed them down. I think the demand is there for them to try again now!

I'd be keen to hear about Swedish specific merchandise :thumbsup2

OMG - Hong Kong! :eek:

Yeah, I'm super excited to finally have a store here in Stockholm. :cool1:

I'll go by next week and see if I can get a few new pics. :thumbsup2

Glad you're interested in the thread. We sometimes feel a bit off the map in general up here in Scandinavia! :rotfl:

How cool! Honestly I hadn't really thought about international Disney Stores, but I love living close to one, and I can imagine how exciting it would be to finally get one nearby!

How cool! Honestly I hadn't really thought about international Disney Stores, but I love living close to one, and I can imagine how exciting it would be to finally get one nearby!
I don't blame you for not thinking about that. :flower3:

But now you know, in case you'd find yourself in Stockholm, Sweden. There's a place to get your Disney fix here too! :rotfl::cheer2:

I've been quite busy so far this week, but I still have it in my plan to stop by after work one day to sample the summer offerings. :smickey:

Hooray for Sweden!

When I worked for H&M, they sent me to Stockholm for training (I worked at the one in Nacka Forum). My store manager was a big Muppets fan - so I know she will be happy if they have any Muppets merch at all.

Hooray for Sweden!

When I worked for H&M, they sent me to Stockholm for training (I worked at the one in Nacka Forum). My store manager was a big Muppets fan - so I know she will be happy if they have any Muppets merch at all.
I've been to that H&M store! :jester:

And on the H&M topic, my family is originally from Västerås in Sweden, and we used to shop for our clothes at the very first H&M, I guess you're familiar with the history, right? :thumbsup2

The Disney Store here has a few Muppets things but not as much as I'd like to see, since I'm also a big fan too. :goodvibes

But I'll go there soon and look for more. :earsboy:

Last edited:
I've been to that H&M store! :jester:

And on the H&M topic, my family is originally from Västerås in Sweden, and we used to shop for our clothes at the very first H&M, I guess you're familiar with the history, right? :thumbsup2

The Disney Store here has a few Muppets things but not as much as I'd like to see, since I'm also a big fan too. :goodvibes

But I'll go there soon and look for more. :earsboy:

I am familiar with the history! One of my trainers told me a story about the founder of H&M sending him to a customer's home with flowers/candy to apologize for his customer service! :laughing:

I had the best time in Stockholm, even though I was working and it was February and very cold! I have been telling my husband I want to go back, but in June for Midsommardagen (which is always near my birthday). I think I can get him there with the promise of a visit to the National Historical Museum of Wine & Spirits. :P

Hi again peeps! :wave2:

As promised I did stop by The Disney Store in The Mall of Scandinavia this week, and I'm ready to post the pics I took. To give you all a look at how our store is like. :smickey:

And please feel free to drop any questions you want and I'll do my best to answer. :earsboy:

Last edited:
The fun starts already outside The Disney Store, it's located at the end of a long walkway, just like a weenie! :smickey:

IMG_20160714_152925.jpg

Inside you're met by Elsa right now, and the Frozen merchandise are quite a plenty. :smickey:

2016-07-14-15-20-52-620.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!