Switching names on reservation.

SheilaHeartsDisney

Yay Me!!!!!!!!!!!!
My sisters and mom are all supposed going to Old key west in about a week. My mom and 1 sisters family are arriving the 22 and my other sister and myself are arriving the 25.

My mom put me on her reservation for the whole week and I was able to do my fast pass and dining through that reservation.

Well my sister who was going the same day as me has back out last minute. So instead of canceling her room and risk losing those points I thought I would stay there.

So would I be able to call dvc to transfer from one room to another without losing my fast pass and magic band? Is it easier to just leave her name and I just use her magic band for the room??

Thanks!!

FP's and MB are not linked to a specific room - they are linked to you just as a room is linked to you. So yes, you can make the switch and will be fine. It's why you can use old MB's for a room, entry and FP's should you wish. If you have MDE scheduled that probably would get cancelled and you'd need to rebook it. If you had the dining plan that also would be cancelled and you'd have to rebuy that.

My sisters and mom are all supposed going to Old key west in about a week. My mom and 1 sisters family are arriving the 22 and my other sister and myself are arriving the 25.

My mom put me on her reservation for the whole week and I was able to do my fast pass and dining through that reservation.

Well my sister who was going the same day as me has back out last minute. So instead of canceling her room and risk losing those points I thought I would stay there.

So would I be able to call dvc to transfer from one room to another without losing my fast pass and magic band? Is it easier to just leave her name and I just use her magic band for the room??

Thanks!!
Your Mom would not lose the points if she cancels at this point but the points would go into holding. Just something to keep in mind.

FP+ would not be lost if you switch room reservations. They are tied to your MDE account and the tickets that are assigned to you in MDE.

If you are co-owner with your mom or if you are an associate member on her account, you can call MS to make the change. If not, then she has to make the name change.

Thanks All! I called and was able to switch the names over and everything stayed as is on MDE. It's better for me to have my own room anyway so this works out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!