Switching Resorts

LvsTnk

Home is AKV&BLT
I have not switched in a long time and am hoping someone wouldn't mind giving me some tips. Decided to add on a few days to a trip in Nov. for food and wine.

My DS has special needs and this is basically a trip for him so I added on a stay at Caribbean Beach in a pirate room.

We switch to our regular DVC stay on Columbus Day to Kidani. I have a request in to be close to the lobby but don't have too much faith that this will happen over a holiday, but I was wondering what time or how early should I go check in at Kidani? I am assuming we can still be in our room at the Caribbean until the usual checkout? Should I just bring the luggage over myself to save time? I will have a car as my son uses a wheelchair.

Since you son is in a chair, request the room location due to medical needs. Since you have a car you can have Bell Services load and unload your car, use your HC placard for free valet parking.

Kidani has parking under the rooms which are close to elevators. This sometimes makes being close to the lobby not as important and it also can do the same for valet parking.

The earlier you check in, the better the chance of being able to change room locations.

:earsboy: Bill

Thank you for the help,I appreciate it. I am getting over there at the crack of dawn. It has been hit or miss with room requests even if they see him in his chair at check in I still have been told there is nothing they can do.

I am not complaining just have my expectations set low.

Thank you for the help,I appreciate it. I am getting over there at the crack of dawn. It has been hit or miss with room requests even if they see him in his chair at check in I still have been told there is nothing they can do.

I am not complaining just have my expectations set low.

Rooms are assigned starting anywhere from 5 to 10 days before check in, you can't wait until the day that your arrive. Your reservation needs to be noted by MS of your requirements when you make the reservation or as early as possible.

Rooms are assigned starting anywhere from 5 to 10 days before check in, you can't wait until the day that your arrive. Your reservation needs to be noted by MS of your requirements when you make the reservation or as early as possible.

Yes, they are made when I make the reservation I tell them why I need the request. I have just had the worst luck these last 2 stays even with my request in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter