T-shirt making for dummies!UPDATE PICS in #77

Hi everyone!

Well, I have my designs and i'm ready to iron but I can't find T-shirts!!!!!
I live in PA and all of the short sleeved/warmer weather inventory is gone...nothing even in the clearance section. I have two little girls and can't find the shirts anywhere!! Anyone have luck online? i've checked all the major stores (target, walmart, etc.) and came up with zip!!

Our trip is quickly approaching....35 days!! woohooo!! We'll be there from 11/28-12-6. I'm so unsure about the weather...cool mornings and nights/ warm during the day but "be prepared for anything" I'm told!! So, I thought I'd go with SS shirts/skirts and layer with LS underneath/sweathshirts/leggings under the skirts. Is this a good plan or am I way off??
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction!!

Hi everyone!

Well, I have my designs and i'm ready to iron but I can't find T-shirts!!!!!
I live in PA and all of the short sleeved/warmer weather inventory is gone...nothing even in the clearance section. I have two little girls and can't find the shirts anywhere!! Anyone have luck online? i've checked all the major stores (target, walmart, etc.) and came up with zip!!

Our trip is quickly approaching....35 days!! woohooo!! We'll be there from 11/28-12-6. I'm so unsure about the weather...cool mornings and nights/ warm during the day but "be prepared for anything" I'm told!! So, I thought I'd go with SS shirts/skirts and layer with LS underneath/sweathshirts/leggings under the skirts. Is this a good plan or am I way off??
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction!!

If you want to order online - I would suggest www.jiffyshirts.com. They have a great selection, their prices are very reasonable and they have the fastest shipping. Most people report getting them in about 2 to 4 days.

I have seen nice LS shirts at old navy and walmart for kids and adults.Also target has tons of tops!Usually $4-$6

Subscribing....Getting ready to try and make shirts for our upcoming trip in December. I have been looking through the design boards for weeks. Got our names designs from a designer and made my own mickey heads... :cool1:(yeah...thanks to dolly for the "how to" make in word thread). Thanks for sharing your experience.

Hi,
I'm gathering my supplies to try the iron-on transfers and was wondering whether 100% cotton or cotton/poly blend t-shirts work best? I'm planning on using white shirts (I am using dark transfers but don't want the white borders) and would like a t-shirt that is sturdier (i.e. not so see-through) but which will also keep the image looking good through several washes.

TIA!

Do the transfers for white shirts print out white if you use them on dark shirts? I accidentally bought the wrong ones, and I want the no color areas of my design to be clear. Do I need to exchange the white ones for dark ones?

truBlue--regarding your purchase--remember that anywhere there is not a color(or a dark color) the color of the shirt will show thru!! So the whites of eyes on characters, for example, will be the color of the shirt. Anything not colored well in the design that is printed will come out the color of the shirt.That said- if you want unprinted areas to be clear(meaning the color of the shirts)-you have bought the correct transfers:thumbsup2

just found my old thread! I haven't made shirts myself in a few years and needed the refresher course :surfweb:

We leave Sat and have planned out all our themes for our disney days! Yes-we are THOSE people :thumbsup2

A HUGE thank you again to all the incredible disigners on here! You never cease to amaze me with your talents!

I will post pics from assembly and some finished products!It really is easy and makes the trip a blast to have fun shirts! We get many comments on them every trip! Make some for yourself and you will see the smiles!

Lisa, I love this old thread, Thanks for posting to it today to bring it to my attention. I just printed out my transfers today and will be washing the t-shirts today and starting the ironing tomorrow night. I am using a cotton/poly blend dry-fit shirt by Nike. Hopefully everything will go smoothly with the ironing process.
:)

Robin

Nice job :thumbsup2

I am not a lover of beer-but those shirts looks fun! Now, if they had a shirt that said 'touring the worlds...one dessert at a time' I would need that :rotfl2:

Thanks Lisa,
I also don't like beer, so I'll be the concerned observer. I do like you idea about the dessert around the world.

Robin

FINALLY remembered to take pics of the steps! It is quite easy and so fun! You can make them for anything really...Halloween,Christmas,birthday parties.
Have fun and thank the amazing disigners!They make us all look so talented:worship:

Step 1-gather what you will need(this is assuming you have found an image you love and printed it already) ***you might not need the glasses if you are under 40! Damn aging!

Step 2(be sure your words are looking backwards before you iron!!! I hope you remembered to print a mirror-image if using a light-aka on a white shirt- transfer). If using dark transfer on a colored shirt-ignore this!

Step 3
trim around images...not too close!! Also, round any square edges if possible

Step 4 turn on iron to high

Step 5
iron pillowcase that is covering board-I use one of those white cutting boards.AND DON'T FORGET THE STOOL!!

Step 6
be sure to lay shirt flat and CENTERED on board.Iron shirt so board area shows thru and you can plan transfer placement.

Step 7
place transfer onto shirt and slowly iron 1st pass...glide gently around edges until you notice it is sticking to shirt-then lean in and give it some muscle and continue gliding iron over image for 3min.Press firmly and go slowly around all edge seams

Step 8
let shirt cool 15+min and then peel of backing paper.I raise a corner edge and roll material a bit and it starts to peel.(hold like pic and roll fingers)

Step 9
peel slowly(and start getting excited and feeling all Martha-like):yay:

Step 10
admire your handiwork and jump for joy:yay:

I used Avery transfers this time.At Walmart for about $8 for pk of 6.
A huge thank you to my disigners for this trip! I asked for help planning fun dog shirts and they delivered!
A round of applause for bababear 50 and Patnl34!!!
Thank you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!