TA Problems

Kay Masterson-Young

Earning My Ears
We are currently using a Authorized TA, We are less than 70 days out. I asked for some changes to be make a over a week ago that have not been made. I do understand there was a holiday and she had family in but I think this is a bit excessive. Especially since it involves changes to our dinning reservations. What should I do?

We are currently using a Authorized TA, We are less than 70 days out. I asked for some changes to be make a over a week ago that have not been made. I do understand there was a holiday and she had family in but I think this is a bit excessive. Especially since it involves changes to our dinning reservations. What should I do?
Is the TA part of a larger company? If so, contact the main office & explain the problem.

And for the next trip, do not use this TA.

Is the TA part of a larger company? If so, contact the main office & explain the problem.

And for the next trip, do not use this TA.
Not a real large company there’s not an office number, but I have located the owners information. Unfortunately according to the site, she seems to be just below the owner.

I just noticed this is for WDW. What dining requests did you need her to make?

It is a new dining reservation and addition of the MNSSHP in exchange of a park Day.

What reservation are you looking for and for what date? It very well could be that it is not available but that she is continously looking. As for MNSSHP tickets, that can be done very quickly and paid for right away. I assume she has your credit card information and your approval to purchase the party tickets?
Or do you want her to take a day off your passes and add in a party day? You would still need to purchase the party tickets and go into the park later in the day of course, but the party tickets are a seperate purchase and returning a day would affect the overall cost of your trip.

It’s Liberty Tree Tavern there has been a reservation open, she just hasn’t booked it, I’m afraid there won’t be by the time she gets around to it. Yes, she has a card to put the party on.

It’s Liberty Tree Tavern there has been a reservation open, she just hasn’t booked it, I’m afraid there won’t be by the time she gets around to it. Yes, she has a card to put the party on.

Hmm..that is really odd then. If the reservation is there it is a quick reservation and party tickets are super fast to purchase. I would try to escalate it to the owner regardless and maybe he/she can get in there and help make the arrangements.

Are you able to book the reservation so you don't lose it and then bring your concerns to your TA or their boss?
I think I can call and make the reservation for dinner. I’m just trying to make sure I am not over reacting in contacting the owner. Especially since this appears to be one of her Star people.

You can book that dining reservation on your own now. Even if you have to create a separate MDE account to do so, it wouldn't be that hard. Do it now rather than risk losing it.

And again, never use this TA/company for a future trip. "Authorized" doesn't mean anything, btw. Find an agency that is well-reviewed online.

I think I can call and make the reservation for dinner. I’m just trying to make sure I am not over reacting in contacting the owner. Especially since this appears to be one of her Star people.

You can definitely make the dining reservations yourself either on the MDE account or by calling. Reservations like that do not have to go thru a TA. I don't think you are over reacting, but at the same time, you need to express your issues if you are displeased about something.

I also forgot to mention that we have also booked a cruise that she has never given me any information about excursions or activities on. The day they became available I asked her about them and she told me she didn’t think they were available to me yet. This is our 1st cruise.

Contact the agency and ask whether they'll allow you to switch to a different agent without losing your plans. And be very specific in telling them why.

I also forgot to mention that we have also booked a cruise that she has never given me any information about excursions or activities on. The day they became available I asked her about them and she told me she didn’t think they were available to me yet. This is our 1st cruise.

As a first time cruiser, you can book excursions and plans at 75 days before the cruise and when paid in full (which should have happened at 90 days) So, depending on your cruise, you may not have hit your booking date yet for excursions. Regardless, you can look at excursions and book those yourself at your opening day at midnight eastern time. However, if you and your agent have agreed that she should do it, then of course, you need to know what you might be interested in booking.

As a first time cruiser, you can book excursions and plans at 75 days before the cruise and when paid in full (which should have happened at 90 days) So, depending on your cruise, you may not have hit your booking date yet for excursions. Regardless, you can look at excursions and book those yourself at your opening day at midnight eastern time. However, if you and your agent have agreed that she should do it, then of course, you need to know what you might be interested in booking.
It has already passed. I asked her about them previously and she said they wouldn’t be available until my PIF date but never said if I would need to book them or not. Also I contacted her they day of PIF and she said she didn’t think they were available to me yet.

It has already passed. I asked her about them previously and she said they wouldn’t be available until my PIF date but never said if I would need to book them or not. Also I contacted her they day of PIF and she said she didn’t think they were available to me yet.

I am really wondering if you are booked with a very new agent who is not 100% confident of how to book Disney travel.
I would certainly contact the agency owner and communicate with them the information you shared here and that you need to have a bit more interaction with your agent.
At 75 days from sailing (which is past) you OR the agent could have booked excursions, ticketed meet and greets, spa services, adult beverage seminars and other fun events at midnight. If you and the agent did not clarify who would be responsible for doing that (which should have been covered at the first contact and followed up on as the cruise neared) then you can certainly go in and do it yourself or make sure the agent goes in there and knows what you want.
If you access the DCL website and look under "Things to Do" that will give you all sorts of information. Sadly, the TA really should have been keeping in contact with you from the time of booking to up until you actually arrive at both vacation destinations.
I am really encouraging you to contact the agency owner and work this out to your satisfaction.

You can book that dining reservation on your own now. Even if you have to create a separate MDE account to do so, it wouldn't be that hard. Do it now rather than risk losing it.

And again, never use this TA/company for a future trip. "Authorized" doesn't mean anything, btw. Find an agency that is well-reviewed online.
Technically once a resort reservation is linked to an MDE you can't link it to another MDE. I know A LOT of good TA's & owners. The owner would want to know, good agent or not. The bad ones give the good ones a bad name. You're not overreacting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter