Table service dinner at Cabanas...is that something new since we last cruised in 2016?

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
I never knew we could have a sit down dinner at Cabanas as an alternative to the MDRs. So, I ask, is this new? If not, boy was I clueless.

I never knew we could have a sit down dinner at Cabanas as an alternative to the MDRs. So, I ask, is this new? If not, boy was I clueless.

Not new, but also not heavily promoted. It's never available on the first or last night of the cruise, and sometimes is not available on the middle nights either.

We have not done Cabanas since 2010but we haven’t taken a cruise longer than 4 days since then.

We head out this Wednesday to Bermuda. I just mentioned to my DH that during our 5 night cruise Cabanas could be an option for dinner.

We enjoyed our dinner there in 2010. The use Cabanas to train servers.
Definitely, a nice options on longer cruises.

Not new. It's been that way since at least 2008 (when I started cruising DCL). But, as noted, it's not an option on the first or last night of any cruise. And days that the ship stays in port later, it may be a buffet, instead of sit-down table service.

This is where new waiters practice. The menu is from one of the 3 other dining rooms that night. One cruise we had terrible waiters assigned to us. Went here instead and had great service all week.

We went once on our last cruise on The Dream, it was a 3 night and we had done Palo for Brunch and we didn't want a full dinner.
We went and had salads. It was really quiet and enjoyable. Maybe 3 other tables being occupied.
One was the onboard entertainers.
We are booked on the Feb. 2019 Panama Canal cruise and will definitely do it on this longer cruise at least once.

A great option when an activity runs into your MDR time. Just show up to Cabanas when you want and enjoy your meal. I still prefer the MDR though.

This is where new waiters practice. The menu is from one of the 3 other dining rooms that night. One cruise we had terrible waiters assigned to us. Went here instead and had great service all week.

When I thought I would give it a try, it was a compilation of the 3 MDR menus - and my least favorite/do not eat things from them at that. I’ll stick to MDRs - or worst-case get a Mickey bar from room service and let that be dinner.

We've only had dinner in Cabanas a few times all on the Fantasy and actually all on the same cruise. The MDR was crazy loud the first couple nights and Cabanas was so much more pleasant. The menu was not a compilation of the MDR menus but also did not change over those nights. The service was great and food was very good. We're pretty much over the menu in AP on the show night so I think we will do Cabanas that night on our next cruise.

Thanks for your responses. I have always known Cabanas/ Beach Blanket Buffet was an option if you did not want to dine in the MDR, but I thought it was set up as a buffet. It is where they brought the kids in the clubs if they did not want to join their families in the MDRs.

Cabanas is usually open from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm for dinner except the first and last night of the cruise.

This is good to know. I booked Alaska next year and was planning to just enjoy the excursion days and not rush back for dinner. We are there to see sights and figured we could eat in Juneau, etc. but could always grab a snack when we get back on our way to the nightly show that we go to (if we go). We aren't late dinner eaters but if we got back at 6:30 or 7 a late dinner in Cabanas could be an option

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter