Take a shower and dress to impress!

Yo what’s with you? you see it. That’s it! You’re not looking for it. It’s there in your line of sight. You can’t unsee it. It’s there. What? you don’t look where you’re walking???? You keep your eyes at a perfect 5-6 feet line of sight, that’s the point!!!! I don’t want to see it! I don’t understand it and i don’t like it.
And I think the parents need to be more aware of what their child is wearing. It’s inappropriate, and downright dangerous. Nonetheless it is happening... hence the post!!!! It needs to stop.

Yo what’s with you? you see it. That’s it! You’re not looking for it. It’s there in your line of sight. You can’t unsee it. It’s there. What? you don’t look where you’re walking???? You keep your eyes at a perfect 5-6 feet line of sight, that’s the point!!!! I don’t want to see it! I don’t understand it and i don’t like it.
Thats exactly it. I am not looking for it. I am too busy being with my family and paying attention to my own life and my own kids to worry about anyone elses. If you don't want to see it, don't look! I bet you are also one of those who gets offended when a woman breastfeeds her baby and thinks it should only be done in private. Stop looking at other peoples butts. Problem solved.

Thats exactly it. I am not looking for it. I am too busy being with my family and paying attention to my own life and my own kids to worry about anyone elses. If you don't want to see it, don't look! I bet you are also one of those who gets offended when a woman breastfeeds her baby and thinks it should only be done in private. Stop looking at other peoples butts. Problem solved.
Wow! You’re a very interesting person.
I wish you the best.

I’m so grossed out!

Can everyone please clean themselves up! I remember a time when guests of Disney World would dress to impress with a casual flair. There were even dress codes to follow for admission into the park. Now it’s a free for all and a sight to behold, that my eyes can not unsee.
Let’s start with the biggest offender and most controversial, yoga pants or better yet, super thin tights that some think are yoga pants. Listen people please... yoga pants are acceptable for yoga, running, exercise, or around your house. Basically all your doing by wearing yoga pants at Disney World is saying to everyone “I give up, and I don’t care”. You might as well be wearing sweatpants, have some respect for yourself. I don’t want to get into who should and shouldn’t be wearing them either... they’re gross to look at all day. I know they’re “comfortable” and you should be able to wear what you want... but so is a nightshirt and socks, or a pair of boxers, and ya don’t walk around the park in that.
For example... yesterday there was a girl no older than 14, getting her picture taken while in shackles at liberty square. She was bent over and you could read the writing on her panties! The amount of naked butt crack and diverse road maps of peoples back sides is infinite, all encompassing, and offensive.
The other offender is the young teen girls, walking with their parents none the less, with the high waisted shorts and half their butt exposed. What is that all about. I don’t want to see your 14 year old daughters naked butt. What kind of parenting is that?
Now to the men... I beg of you to take a shower please! Put on deodorant. Wear a shirt and not a sleeveless “wife beater”. Show some class. Also, I don’t care about what “rights you have” and if you hunt, so leave the camouflage at home. You’re not impressing anyone with your outdoorsy manliness, you look stupid. You’re on vacation at the “Happiest place on earth”, not defending your apocalypse bunker.
Think of it this way. Part of your Disney vacation expenses should be buying some respectable fresh new clothes and even shoes. I don’t care where you shop, be it Walmart or Tommy Bahama. Have some class, civility and etiquette... I’m starting to lose faith in humanity. Go stink and wear what you want at Six Flags.

P.S. Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze! My shoulder or face is not a splash guard for your germs! Also please “hack your disgusting lugie” into a tissue or napkin and stop spitting wherever you like.
Thank you.
I don't have any camo clothing but do have a camo wallet (long story), do I need to leave that at home? (just Kidding)

Here's the thing. You aren't the girls parents, so you don't get to have a say what she wears. And if you are looking that closely to read her underwear, the problem is you, not her. I wouldn't let my kid out like that, because I know there are always pervs who will be looking that closely. But its not my job to judge how anyone else dresses.

You said it! not me..

Ok... maybe I’m wrong. Anybody can do anything thing they want. No parental guidance. No anything. Do whatever you want. Obviously no one cares anymore. That’s the other side of things. No one cares. It is a cage match. A free for all. I was wondering about that and I guess people proved it to me. Dignity is dead. Thank you all for proving it to me. I can now adjust to the new norm and move on. Seriously, my only purpose of the post was to get a vibe on how people felt. I don’t want to make any enemies here. I’m sorry if I offended anyone.
Peace and love!

Ok... maybe I’m wrong. Anybody can do anything thing they want. No parental guidance. No anything. Do whatever you want. Obviously no one cares anymore. That’s the other side of things. No one cares. It is a cage match. A free for all. I was wondering about that and I guess people proved it to me. Dignity is dead. Thank you all for proving it to me. I can now adjust to the new norm and move on. Seriously, my only purpose of the post was to get a vibe on how people felt. I don’t want to make any enemies here. I’m sorry if I offended anyone.
Peace and love!

I don’t think there is a ‘wrong’ or ‘right’ when it comes to opinions.
Every parents guidance varies and what works for your family may not work for others. It’s not that ‘no one cares’, it’s that what’s important to you may not be important to me.

I agree on most of your points. I encountered a lady at Disneyland who wore like a monokini thing that left very little to the imagination up on top. It was to the point where if she bent over or even stretched, everything on top would be exposed and she wore very short shorts with it. This isn’t Disney, not Coachella.

Peace and love!

How does a person's clothing negatively affect you besides you being offended or disgusted? People aren't wearing clothing with racist/homophobic/bigoted words on them to make other guests feel less of a human being...or spikes to make accidentally bumping into them potentially resulting in open flesh wounds.

I dress more conservatively than probably almost everyone here on the boards and would never personally wear what most guests wear. I don't spend one ounce of mental energy concerning myself with the clothing of others though when it doesn't hurt me or others. I'll judge parents for keeping their young kids out at night in the winter who haven't brought any warm clothing and the kids are now crying because of how cold they are. I'll shake my head at the lobster-red sunburned Brits wearing skimpy tops because a bit of sunscreen would have prevented all that. Camo, yoga pants, skimpy outfits...I just don't see the harm.

Just curious...what do you typically wear to the parks? A long skirt or dress, hosiery, and formal shoes? A buttoned shirt, belt, and dress pants? Guests wore their Sunday best to Disneyland during the early years. Would they be similarly offended by the clothing you wear now to the parks?

I agree with you about the sneezing and coughing etiquette as that is a health hazard. If someone coughs or sneezes on me without taking action to muffle their germs, I will speak up.

Guests wore their Sunday best to Disneyland during the early years.
This is a lovely memory. There are still many places in Europe, Spain, Portugal, Greece etc (sadly not the U.K.), the Middle East, North Africa and India where on certain nights, usually Sundays in Europe, families in their ‘Sunday best’ gather to walk up and down the local promenade.

It puzzles me that people seem to be far more inclined to be sensitive and have hurt pride and feelings nowadays and yet personal pride in appearance seems to have less and less importance.

LOL, OP. Dress to impress at WDW? My, my aren't we hoighty toity? :rotfl2:

You'd hate the heck out of us. I'm a guy, so I don't wear tights...at least not in public... I wear a tank top t-shirt (the same one I'd wear to the gym) and cotton shorts. The rest of my family dresses similarly. Especially in summer. It's 92 degrees, 90% humidity, bright sunshine and we're walking around a large theme park. Plus, we may go on rides that get us wet. The last thing I care about is dressing to impress anyone. Nor do I care what anyone else in the park is wearing. Thankfully, WDW has a shortage of fashion police.

I get the complaint about 13 year old butts hanging out -- my husband commented on that when we were there in October. It's incredibly uncomfortable for everyone around you. As a yoga pants/leggings enthusiast, though, I couldn't disagree with you more on that. If I'm going to be walking 10+ miles a day, I don't think there's much that's MORE practical to wear than yoga pants 🤷‍♀️.

I am more careful about washing at WDW (or anywhere I might need to spend a lot of my day in exceptionally close proximity to strangers) my son is autistic and one of the problems he faces is queuing near to people, but scent wise, for him, the smell of person is less distressing than the smell of perfume, so I am used to choosing a mild, light scent. That said, I'm on holiday, it's hot, I may sweat more, or get wet on a ride, or get sun lotion on my clothes.
Clothes which a) have been in a suitcase for a minimum of 48hours, b) need to travel, and cope with all holiday eventualities, and c) need to cope with the climate.
I am all for dressing modestly, but, maybe my idea of modestly doesn't work for everyone, so it's none of my business.
Plus, I am never going to see any of these people again, so, as long as I am not in any way offensive, by any usual measure relevant to my culture and that in which I find myself, I use the opportunity to not worry about what strangers think.

I think people can wear/do whatever they want as long as it doesn't harm others. But also as long as they don't get offended when people stare. I'm a girl and do not care whatsoever when other females "free the nipple". But I also do look... just like how I look at people's shirts that have writings or cute pics on it. Not bc I'm sexually attracted or anything, but my thoughts are “ohhh must feel so nice not to wear a bra” or “hmm I wonder if her boobs are bigger than mine” or “good for her” etc and just end up looking longer than usual lol. Lucky I’m a girl. Imagine if I were a guy doing that (w no sexual attraction but also just looking).

I’m so grossed out!

Can everyone please clean themselves up! I remember a time when guests of Disney World would dress to impress with a casual flair. There were even dress codes to follow for admission into the park. Now it’s a free for all and a sight to behold, that my eyes can not unsee.
Let’s start with the biggest offender and most controversial, yoga pants or better yet, super thin tights that some think are yoga pants. Listen people please... yoga pants are acceptable for yoga, running, exercise, or around your house. Basically all your doing by wearing yoga pants at Disney World is saying to everyone “I give up, and I don’t care”. You might as well be wearing sweatpants, have some respect for yourself. I don’t want to get into who should and shouldn’t be wearing them either... they’re gross to look at all day. I know they’re “comfortable” and you should be able to wear what you want... but so is a nightshirt and socks, or a pair of boxers, and ya don’t walk around the park in that.
For example... yesterday there was a girl no older than 14, getting her picture taken while in shackles at liberty square. She was bent over and you could read the writing on her panties! The amount of naked butt crack and diverse road maps of peoples back sides is infinite, all encompassing, and offensive.
The other offender is the young teen girls, walking with their parents none the less, with the high waisted shorts and half their butt exposed. What is that all about. I don’t want to see your 14 year old daughters naked butt. What kind of parenting is that?
Now to the men... I beg of you to take a shower please! Put on deodorant. Wear a shirt and not a sleeveless “wife beater”. Show some class. Also, I don’t care about what “rights you have” and if you hunt, so leave the camouflage at home. You’re not impressing anyone with your outdoorsy manliness, you look stupid. You’re on vacation at the “Happiest place on earth”, not defending your apocalypse bunker.
Think of it this way. Part of your Disney vacation expenses should be buying some respectable fresh new clothes and even shoes. I don’t care where you shop, be it Walmart or Tommy Bahama. Have some class, civility and etiquette... I’m starting to lose faith in humanity. Go stink and wear what you want at Six Flags.

P.S. Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze! My shoulder or face is not a splash guard for your germs! Also please “hack your disgusting lugie” into a tissue or napkin and stop spitting wherever you like.
Thank you.

1. Three things that do not lie. Little kids, Drunk adults and Yoga pants lol

2. I will on occasion wear camo shorts in the park, with my Rolex ;)

3. WDW (Magic Kingdom) is "The Most Magical Place On Earth". Disneyland is the "Happiest Place On Earth"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!