Taking a 1 and 3 year old to WDW: A Story of Survival, and Maybe a Little Fun! *FINISHED 1/16

What a wonderful report. Thank you for sharing all the tips!
:thanks:

Loved your report! You have a great writing style. The girls are so cute!
:thanks:

My whole family & I are taking my son for his 1st birthday on Valentine's this year! :earsboy:

Needless to say we are beyond excited & hoping everything goes according to our plans! There are several 1st time guests in our family group!

Thank you!! I found your post to be very detailed & insightful! I will try and use some of the tips you provided to make our lives easier at WDW!

I did notice on your posts the kiddos stopped for Restroom breaks quite often. I can tell by the WDW Map on the ME app, there are plenty of bathrooms around the parks! Lol

Our son Gabriel however isn't potty trained yet and is still breast feeding! So I hope they have plenty of changing stations/private areas in the parks for him!
How fun! Yes, so many potty breaks! Make sure to check out the Baby Care Centers. SO NICE! And they have BFing rooms!

Thanks so much for your trip report! I enjoyed reading the whole thing. We will be heading to the world next September with a 4 year old and a 10 month old, so fairly close to your girls ages.

One thing I'm contemplating is the character meals. DS4 is such a light eater, so like you stated, if he ate a couple bites of things for $20 I'll not be impressed. We never order him his own meal when we go out, he just shares with us. But, I'd hate to miss out on character meals. Oh what to do? Maybe we'll do one as a splurge.
I agree with PollyannaMom, the time spent with characters was worth it! We saved lots of time in line, and we could use our FPs on other things!

Loved your report. Thanks so much for taking the time to do it!

One specific question - what was that you used as an autograph book?

Just think of your charges as the cost of the food, and his as "buying park time" - essentially, you're paying to not wait in line for the characters you see at the meal, so you can be doing other things instead.

I picked up a book from target called "Disney Who's Who: An A to Z of Disney Characters" We loved it! It has a little write up on even the smallest of characters.

We strolled back to the room, snapping these pictures along the way, from the skyway bridge.
View attachment 290863 View attachment 290864

I was so sad Reagan was asleep, she had been trying to catch a glimpse of Cinderella's castle since we had parked that morning.

We got back to the room and just let Reagan sleep in the stroller. MJ enjoyed getting to explore the room on her own, and I snapped a picture of the few from our living room.
View attachment 290866 View attachment 290867
Once Reagan started waking up, we got everyone dressed for dinner. MJ was sporting her new Cinderella outfit we had bought before we left, including a massive bow. Wanna take bets on how long that thing lasted? :rolleyes:
View attachment 290865
Once everyone was ready, we loaded up and headed for the monorail. Our reservations were at 5:20, and I took this picture at 4:50, so we were right on time. Notice where the bow it...in the cup holder.:laughing:
View attachment 290871

The girls' first monorail experience! Also, our first monorail with a stroller experience! I have to say, the Contemporary did a great job with this, all the CMs were helpful in directing us where to go so we never felt lost. The girls definitely enjoyed riding, too!
View attachment 290872 View attachment 290873 View attachment 290874

They were cracking us up! Reagan kept talking about it the rest of the trip, she thought it was a ride :laughing: Bless her, so sheltered.
We got to the Grand Floridian and took the elevator downstairs. William and I had stayed here on our most recent trip, and it felt like coming home. We love the GF! The lobby was pretty packed with people looking at the Gingerbread house and taking pictures in front of the tree.
Here's a stock picture in case you haven't see it.
View attachment 290875
It really is amazing, theres even a little shop built into the back of it where they sell snacks.
Love Love Love those pictures from the Bridge!! Absolutely amazing :)

~DVC Greg
#dvcrentals

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!