Taking in Drinks and Snacks

Yes, but not glass containers or hardside coolers, and no picnic lunches. From what I can tell, snacks and drinks in a backpack or small soft side cooler are okay.

Also, any food that is needed due to medical, or dietary restrictions are allowed.

Full lunches/meals are definitely allowed. I nearly always pack a meal, snacks, and water and see many others with packed meals too. You can bring in whatever you want except for alcohol/glass as long as its not in a prohibited bag. I don’t know why the list of prohibited items on the website contradicts what is actually allowed in. Disneys website used to say the same thing despite the fact they also allow meals/drinks in. The only time we weren’t allowed to bring in water in our own reusable bottles we always bring was many years ago in the evening on a grad night, due to alcohol concerns. I don’t know if that’s still the policy.

Due to the times we are in now, more than ever individuals have special dietary needs, not only for medical reasons, but for personal reasons. More than ever people are aware and are sensitive to allergens. As well as afraid of confrontation and being sued do either no choices, lack of choices, or others getting sick. As time goes on, they might feel as if it's best to just let it go instead of having someone lecture on why they brought in certain items and/or realize it isn't so much of a loss to allow people to bring in a couple of sandwiches every now and then.

Disney's policy is essentially, as long as it's not hot, or needed to be hot, it's allowed. I do not how long that policy has been around, but that's essentially what it is. Universal might have decided over time to live by the same thing. As long as you do not bring in a big 'ol cooler you should be good.

We always take in snacks and drinks...we will freeze water bottles to put in our soft side cooler to keep food cool and as the ice melts you have plenty of water....Ice is available at the freestyle machines( but not water) so we also take warm cans or bottles of soda in and just use their ice...and dont forget if you purchased your tickets with American express you can utilize their lounge for small bottles of water(and snacks)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter