Taking longer than expected to complete a purchase

BEACHCLUBVILLAS

Mouseketeer
On March 5, seller accepted our offer. Passed ROFR on 4/1. After what seemed like a long time to get all the signatures and closing docs prepared, on May 1 the closing documents were sent to Disney. Still no notification from Disney they received them and the points are not in my account. From the point that Disney acknowledges they received the closing documents to the transferring of the points to my account can be another 7-10 days. It’s 5/26 and no word from Disney. What have the experiences been of recent buyers? Do you have your newly purchased points in your account?

On March 5, seller accepted our offer. Passed ROFR on 4/1. After what seemed like a long time to get all the signatures and closing docs prepared, on May 1 the closing documents were sent to Disney. Still no notification from Disney they received them and the points are not in my account. From the point that Disney acknowledges they received the closing documents to the transferring of the points to my account can be another 7-10 days. It’s 5/26 and no word from Disney. What have the experiences been of recent buyers? Do you have your newly purchased points in your account?
I would email administration. That worked immediately for me when I asked why my contract was not showing up and 10 days later when emailed again because points not loaded. Both were done in 24 hours after emailing them.

They are running behind due to the furloughs of the workers. But, I would follow the suggestion and email them to see if there is something missing.

Did you check to see the date it was actually recorded via Orange Counity Comptroller?

If you check the closings thread, you can see how long things are taking for different people. I had an offer around the same time and still waiting on my points.

I would email administration. That worked immediately for me when I asked why my contract was not showing up and 10 days later when emailed again because points not loaded. Both were done in 24 hours after emailing them.
I emailed them last week and they replied with the process that once they receive the documents from the closing company it normally takes 2 weeks. It’s taking longer due to staffing reductions and working remotely. Then, It will take 7-10 days to actually move the points. We’re going on almost 4 weeks and no indication they’ve received the documents. I just checked Orange County and I do see the deed. I’ve emailed the closing company to check with Disney.

Points showed up in my resale purchase about 10 days ago. The whole process took about 90 days from the accepted offer. After seeing the Covid thing get huge at end of Feb. and Cast being furloughed, I expected a couple weeks delay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts