Takumi-Tei questions

skorpie

Love the magic
My DH really loves sushi and would like to try the Omakase Tasting. I, however, am not fond of fish. We have talked about having him go alone but if I decided to go, could he order the Omakase and I just order off the menu? Would his meal last so long that I’d just be sitting at the table waiting for him to finish?

The other idea we have is that he goes alone and I go to MVMCP if that party is offered? Any thoughts to help us decide?

I did the Omakase Tasting awhile back. Note that it is very beef heavy and sushi light, in my opinion. If he really wants sushi/fish, Omakase would not be my choice. While I thought the experience was great, I wouldn’t do Omakase again just because it was so much beef (obviously a personal comment to my preferences)

Anyway, in my opinion one person could order the tasting and one off the menu and be just fine timing wise. The tasting makes for a bit of a longer meal, but not crazy long or anything. I was with DS9 at the time and he was getting fidgety at the end, but that was probably more the age than anything.

To me, Takumi Tei is a nice experience and would be more fun to experience together than solo. But, I see nothing wrong with splitting up if you’d rather do something else. We sometimes do that in our family.

Just my take! Have fun whatever you decide.

We unfortunately haven't been to Takumi Tei yet but I'd also suggest looking at Morimotos. They have a great array of sushi but a lot of non-sushi options too. Their ribs in particular are to die for. If you're looking to stay in Epcot Tokyo Dining is another option. I"m sure their sushi isn't nearly as good as Takumi Tei but we have always been satisfied with it and again they offer non-seafood options as well.

My DH really loves sushi and would like to try the Omakase Tasting. I, however, am not fond of fish. We have talked about having him go alone but if I decided to go, could he order the Omakase and I just order off the menu? Would his meal last so long that I’d just be sitting at the table waiting for him to finish?

The other idea we have is that he goes alone and I go to MVMCP if that party is offered? Any thoughts to help us decide?

We've been to Takumi-Tei twice and yes, one guest can absolutely order the omakase menu while another guest or guests order a la carte. As GADisneyDad14 mentioned, the omakase is very beef heavy and, while it was fun to do it once, the second time we went, I opted for a la carte. The omakase didn't take terribly long, IMHO. The staff paced it very nicely. It's a really lovely restaurant and the food is very good. I would definitely recommend going as a couple.

Here to agree that Omakase was a lot more beef than fish. If we went back I would probably order off the regular menu, but my husband loved the beef. Also the courses go pretty fast. Usually there was only a few minutes between courses so I don’t think it would be too bad if one person did the tasting at the other didn’t. All that being said, I would definitely go back! The whole experience was great and the servers were lovely.

Can you share the tasting? You can have more of the beef he more of the sushi?
if not, I adore you sneaking (I use the term loosely) off to mvmcp

has your hubby tried the sushi at kimonos? It may be close to the best on property.

Yes we have been to Kimono’s. As DVC members we go a few times a year. We haven’t been to Kimonos for a while so it is still on the “reserve again” list. Not knowing what restaurants will be like for this November, I’m concentrating on our meals rather than park experiences. However, since Takumi Tei is in Epcot, we’d probably go to Kimono’s as an alternative.

Takumi teis sushi is pretty limited. But their wagu and tasting is something that is pretty amazing, I can't wait to go again to enjoy it (i had the omakase tasting) the sushi selection is way better at Morimoto's like others have said. But if you want to balance this might be a great compromise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!