Talia and P~ October 2013: Swan/ Swan Ballroom

Talbot23

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone :wave:

I am a long time lurker of the disboards wedding boards and am so excited to finally start a planning journal of my own! Without further ado, the introductions:

Talia
I am 26 years old and recently graduated with my bachelor's degree in health education. I plan on starting classes again in January for my master's and going to PA school. I love everything about Disney, it is truly my happy place :goodvibes:

P
P is 25 years old and also recently graduated with his bachelor's degree in health education. He is currently a sales rep for a great company. He loves going to Disney too and prefers the adrenaline rush rides the most.
P being silly after we got engaged:

Us
We actually went to high school together and graduated in 2005. We were acquaintances in school and had many of the same classes and friends. We ended up going to the same college and realized we had the same major which meant a lot of the same classes. We started getting closer over our first semester. We finally went on our first date April 29th 2006 and have been together ever since.

Proposal
We had talked about getting married several times over the past few years and knew that we wanted to wait until we were done with our bachelor's degree. After we graduated in April 2011 we decided to book a Halloween trip that year because it is our favorite time of the year. Little did I know that P and my mom had been going around to all the jewelry stores in the area searching for the perfect ring for months.
We got to Disney October 28th and went to MNSSHP that night. It's so funny because P won a pirate ring that night and was wearing it around the room the next morning. I made fun of him, grabbed the ring and "proposed" with it because he was insistent on wearing it around. Little did I know I would be getting a ring too! We left for the Magic Kingdom that morning, the 29th and boarded a very crowded bus. It was chilly that morning so I thought nothing of him wearing a bigger jacket (the ring box was in his pocket). We got through the gates and noticed that a show was going on at the castle. When we got up there we saw that it was the "Dreams Come True" show (how fitting). Once the show was over P said we should get our picture taken by the castle. We have never had our picture taken there but I thought there's a first time for everything :lol: The CM took our picture, said "one more" and that's when P dropped to his knee. I was so overwhelmed and surprised that I don't remember much of what he said besides "you know I love you, right?". I said yes, we sat on the bench near the castle for a while so I could stop shaking, then road the train around while we called our family and friends and updated facebook, lol.

The Ring

Why Disney/ Swan and Dolphin?
We took our first trip to the World together in 2008 (we had both gone once as kids with our families). We fell in love with everything about it it and visited again in 2009. In 2010 I found the wonderful world of the disboards Disney Weddings board (told you I was long time lurker :lol: ) and knew that I wanted a Disney wedding. We talked about it and decided that it was a good idea for us because our families are spread out all over. We looked into a Disney's fairytale wedding because we are in love with the wedding pavilion but decided against it because it is just too expensive. We plan on having around 60-70 guests and are paying for everything ourselves, so we looked into the Swan and Dolphin and haven't looked back.

Plans
So far we still speaking with Erin about our ceremony at Crescent Terrace and Lindsey in the catering department about a ballroom reception. Ideally we would like for the ceremony to be around 5 pm followed by a catered dinner reception.

We do have our photography booked! We have David and Vicki Arndt booked for the ceremony and reception. We also have a trip planned for this January and will be having engagement pictures shot then :D

Hi Talia! :wave2: thanks for starting a PJ!
I'm so excited to read about your plans, especially since I am also an October 2013 bride!! :hyper: I think I understand the thought process that led you to the Swan and Dolphin, I am getting married in Rix Lounge at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort but I strongly considered the Swan and Dolphin beforehand. Congrats on getting your photographers booked! Good luck in your planning with Erin and catering and I look forward to reading more :goodvibes

Yay for another October 2013 bride :grouphug:
Thank you for following along! Rix Lounge looks amazing! I never thought to look into using them. When in October are you planning your wedding?

Yay for another October 2013 bride :grouphug:
Thank you for following along! Rix Lounge looks amazing! I never thought to look into using them. When in October are you planning your wedding?

Not many people consider it, or even know about it. A lot of people think that Disney Resorts are off limits so your only choices are a DFTW or a S&D wedding, but Coronado Springs does weddings without going through DFTW. I only found out that it was possible from listening to the Disney Wedding Podcast, before that we planned on having an Escape wedding. We're getting married October 26:cloud9: what date are you planning on?

I'll have to go back and listen to that episode again. The pictures of weddings there look beautiful!
We are almost wedding twins :D Do you have a pj? I would love to follow along with your pans!
We are planning on the 29th, but may move it to the 28th or 25th so it is not on a Tuesday. The 29th is special to us, but we want to make it easier on our guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter