Talk to me about GLAMPING!

CrazyZeus1

Matching Shirts Rock!
OK, who has done the Montana glamping trip?! We are what you might call more "indoorsey" and just love the hotels ABD puts us in. Glamping is definitely out of our standard, but we've loved all our ABDs and figure....gotta try them all!

So...my question...how are the tents? Is it comfy? Are they totally noise-sharing, meaning you can hear everything from other tents? We joke about pooping in a tent....there will be lots of singing. AHAHHA!

Please help me understand more what these tents are like! And the bathroom situation...

OK, who has done the Montana glamping trip?! We are what you might call more "indoorsey" and just love the hotels ABD puts us in. Glamping is definitely out of our standard, but we've loved all our ABDs and figure....gotta try them all!

So...my question...how are the tents? Is it comfy? Are they totally noise-sharing, meaning you can hear everything from other tents? We joke about pooping in a tent....there will be lots of singing. AHAHHA!

Please help me understand more what these tents are like! And the bathroom situation...

I haven't been, but the highlighted part is what prevents me from attempting this type of trip (that and the dude ranch part--not interested).

When we were reviewing our trip options for 2018 my wife saw the word glamping and that pretty much locked us in. Of course the website for the "hotel" lists the safari style tents as:

For a luxurious glamping experience reserve one of our Safari tents. Each of our large cabin-style Safari tents sleeps up to 2 adults & 2 children and comes complete with a King Size Bed (or 2 twins). Camp cots and bedding can be provided for up to 2 children in each tent at $25 per cot per night. If you’d prefer a Safari tent to yourself why not also book an adjacent tipi for the kids. Just moments away from your tent refresh yourself in one of our luxury bathrooms, which host hot showers, flushing toilets, sinks and spa products. Each Safari tent includes:
- Full bed linens & towels
- Furniture including; beds, rugs, safari chairs, coat stand, chest of drawers, bedside tables & a lantern
- A wood burning stove in your tent with complimentary firewood

But the photos of the bathrooms clearly show a canvas wall and the larger picture of where the tents are located doesn't appear to provide a lot of space between tents. I certainly feel that this is leaning toward a more adventurous camping experience but we are booked for Aug 2018 and can't wait.

On another thread about the Montana trip user @mebandy just got back from her trip. I've copied the url to that thread as well as her response to her family's glamping experience below.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/wyoming-trip-or-montana-trip.3616874/#post-57928763

Glamping. I didn't feel the tents were too close together. We were on the corner and I never heard anything from the tent beside us. Our family did 2 separate reservations. Our son is very tall for his age, so sharing a hotel room for the four of us isn't comfortable anymore. My daughter and I were in one tent and my husband and son were in another. I didn't see inside a family tent. I heard others say they were happy with the size of the space for a family of 4. Our tent had a king size bed and bathroom. We requested our tents be near each other and they were. Yes there is a canvas "wall" between the bed and the bathroom. This "wall" has to be secured with a tie and velcro. Ours wasn't as securable as the boys tent was. There are bathhouses on the site for the tents without bathrooms also. For privacy the lanterns causing silhouettes on the canvas was a bit more concerning. So we kept the lights low. I was less worried about the closeness to other tents as I was about my tent location. Our tent was at the corner of the walkway to the lobby tent and the "circle" of tents. It wasn't ideal, but for 2 nights it was fine. You don't spend a lot of time at the glamp site. Only late afternoon, evening, and night. We were exhausted after all the touring. There are cattle on the near by property so you hear them at night, but didn't smell them. We also heard coyotes and a wolf howling, which was awesome. We love wildlife. There are lots of games around the site, badminton, I saw giant jenga, fire pits and hammocks. People congregate at the lobby tent with indoor and outdoor seating. 2 nights was enough for us. We enjoyed it and would do it again, but 2 nights is perfect.

Thanks for sharing this information. We are on one of the adults only trips next summer, and look forward to hearing updates as this summer's travelers post trip reports. Glamping may be a little out of my comfort zone, but I'm pretty sure I can handle anything for 2 nights.

My wife and I just returned from the Montana ABD last week. We were the only childless family there. Our glamping tent was for two (duh). King sized bed. Couple of chairs, tables, dressers etc. so I am guessing we probably had the smallest accommodations there. Bathroom in one word --> tiny. Ok two. -->. Very tiny. This wasn't a bad thing, just different. The tap and shower (which were together in the same tiny area) are both " spring loaded" taps. So you wetted down, lathered up, then pulled the valve to rinse, repeat, etc. Kinda' reminded me of my Navy days. Lol.. Our second day my wife decided she needed to wash/rinse her long hair, so guess who had to stand there and hold the spring loaded valve open? Although the view was nice, I wore out two fingers pulling the chain down continuously.

Where we were there was approx 20-30' between tents. Not super close, but if someone next to you was speaking in a normal tone, you could hear them, although not understand them. (It's Wyoming. Not much background noise there......)

It was fun, and I concur with RebelHawk42 that two nights is perfect. And the restaurant there is quite good......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter