Talk to me about September

We’ve done September multiple times and HOT is correct. I moved a trip to October and were the last flight out before hurricane Wilma hit (nothing like the pilot saying...let’s see how the flight ahead of us does... my DD was NOT impressed lol). I moved next trips to first week of December and they were awesome for weather.

Just came back 11/26-12/3 with my 72 year old dad and the first 4 days had us wearing our winter clothes (we are from Michigan) but low crowds. I did thanksgiving through the following Tuesday 2017 with DD21 and weather was nice, crowds were larger, but manageable if you plan the 3 Fp’s and keep refreshing. Longest lines were for starbucks as DD21 found out her chai tea latte was a snack credit on the dining plan (we had to stop.at.each.one.)

We have visited in February, April and just recently September. My husband says ‘never again’ will he go in September and I definitely agree. We are from Texas so I was prepared for the heat and humidity, but it’s so different when you are in a theme park trying to go from here to there (especially with kids in tow!). We chose September to avoid crowds- still felt like the same amount of crowds to me. Also had hurricanes to worry about. Give me cooler temperatures any day! I think we are planning a December trip next!

Expect a lot of rain (not just a quick afternoon downpour). Labor Day weekend is busy (about the same as June/July), but far less busy than October. After Labor Day, crowds should be very manageable. Excellent hotel rates. Get your pool time in the am. Thunderstorms often close down pools in the afternoon.

Was there Sept 22 to 25 this year, hotter than around July 4. At least in July it clouded up in the afternoon. September it was blistering hot all day. Just one rain storm.

Crowds are very very low. BUT, as others have said, the weather is awful. HOT HOT HOT, lots of rain, and peak hurricane season.

September has a little cooler weather than the summer months, and if you time your trip right the crowds will be less (most kids are back to school).

Personally I'd look at late September or early October and take advantage of the Food & Wine festival, reasonable crowds, and more temperate weather!

September has a little cooler weather than the summer months, and if you time your trip right the crowds will be less (most kids are back to school).

Personally I'd look at late September or early October and take advantage of the Food & Wine festival, reasonable crowds, and more temperate weather!

Will the Halloween party increase crowds at MK then, like it does in the winter with the Christmas party?

I've done week long trips this year and last year, beginning Labor Day weekend. In my opinion, crowds are still low Labor Day week once you get through the holiday weekend. It is hot. Really hot. And humid. But nothing we can't handle. There's the normal summer shower, but that's normal for summer. I've had more persistent rain in my winter trips that my September ones. I honestly would not avoid this time due to hurricane season. In its 47 year history, WDW has had to close due to hurricanes very few times. But I also realize I have a different perspective on hurricanes having grown up on the coast of Florida and experienced several.

We were there the last week of September and it was still hot. We had some rain as well. From what I can tell the week after Labor Day may be one of the best times for the lower crowds.(these times seem to be disappearing) Since school has just started people want their kids to be at school, F&W has just started, and the Halloween Party starts later in the month. So if you can take the weather I think it is a decent time to go.

We live near Houston and find that the weather is not a big factor for us in when to go. We will suffer through heat if it means less people. As strange as it sounds the least crowded of our trips in the last two year has been a early June trip. We went June 2017, Early November 2017, Late May 2018, Last week of September 2018, and First week of December 2018. I think more folks avoid the heat of summer to suffer the crowds of winter.

Not likely, especially if you pick a mid-week party day (they tend to be lighter crowds). If I'm doing a party day we tend to open the park and hang out till mid-day, then go back to the hotel and rest up until 4pm or so. Then it's back to the park to close it down, avoiding the busiest crowds in the middle of the day.

We had hurricane worries in '15 and '17 but I always do the trip insurance for that reason - $150 well spent. It seems there is a lot more hurricane activity so it's something to consider. It's still humid and it rains but the crowds are low and you will could be there for Food and Wine!! If it works for you it's a great time to go.

We had hurricane worries in '15 and '17 but I always do the trip insurance for that reason - $150 well spent. It seems there is a lot more hurricane activity so it's something to consider. It's still humid and it rains but the crowds are low and you will could be there for Food and Wine!! If it works for you it's a great time to go.

So if we book through Disney they allow cancellation up to 24 hours in advance, correct? So it would then just be the flights we would have to worry about?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter