Tall 6 year old double stroller recs

OK Clan

Earning My Ears
Hello all,
We are going on our second trip to Disney World in June with our 2 and 6 year old kiddos. Last year, we rented a double stroller and it was definitely a life saver. At the same time, our then 5 year old had to scrunch down a lot to fit in the seat. Our 6 year old is now 52" tall and we are trying to figure out the best way to make it through the parks. We contemplated having him walk this year, but I just don't think he'll make it through the week long vacation completely on foot. Does anyone have recommendations for double strollers to rent (or buy for cheap) that would fit such a tall kiddo?
Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

I don't know what you rented last year, if it was one from the park those are only so big. I'd recommend kingdom strollers or one of those rentals (https://www.kingdomstrollers.com/). That said those strollers seem to go up to about 48 in. Not to say a kid taller then that couldn't use it but he may still be a little scrunched up. They also seem to have a stroller for "special needs"; I'm assuming they mean more for those with disabilities but it looks like you may want to think about it as it accommodates kids up to 60 in. I don't think there is an option to buy and then get rid of a stroller unless you happen to find one on craigs list right before you go. I'd still want to line up a rental since most cheap strollers would not work for a kid that size.

Look into his weight and what (s)he would fit into based off of that. I would strongly NOT recommend putting a too big kid in a stroller not meant for them, as they could break. Get a stroller meant fort the child(s) size.

I thought I read somewhere the sit and stands weren't allowed in WDW. I may be wrong. Has anyone had an experience with one in WDW?

Ok, all i can find is (Strollers larger than 36"x 52" are prohibited).

Last edited:
I thought I read somewhere the sit and stands weren't allowed in WDW. I may be wrong. Has anyone had an experience with one in WDW?

They are for sure allowed- well at least used to be. Our friends brought one a few years ago. I feel like I've always seen a lot of them.

BOB Duallie or the look alike to the BOB Duallie that Kingdom Strollers rents. My very tall 6.5 year old rode with no issues (though, he didn't want to be in it much).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter