Tampa Airport to Disney, how long??

jwfla422

DIS Veteran/Philly Native
I have family trying to book flights for February from Atlanta to Disney. The fares are so high that we're looking for them to fly into Tampa, fares are much lower (by almost $200 a person!)

I thought I read on the boards at one time it's about a 45 minute drive, but when I mapped it on Mapquest they said 1 hour and 25 minutes, that's twice as long.

I know I have to consider I-4 traffic, so if they come in at the end of rush hour does anyone know or any Tampa DISers know what kind of travel time we're talking??

It's been a couple of years since we have driven from Tampa to Orlando, but I think it took us about an hour. I have found that mapquest and other online mapping programs tend to overestimate drive time.

I made the drive a couple of years ago. Once you are in the car, it takes about an hour.

hey
thank you for such quick responses. An hour isn't bad at all. (I think that's how long it takes them to get to the airport in Atlanta:)

I figured Mapquest was a little more overestimating timewise.

You'll all be there just before us, HAVE FUN!!!

Mapquest (and the others) always overestimate the time it takes to get anywhere. I think they think you are driving a horse and buggy. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter