Tampa ?

princessx2

Earning My Ears
Anyone got suggestions on where to stay on the way from WDW to Tampa International so we can get a headstart for an early flight ? We would love to be at least half way there in a halfway decent place that we will just use to sleep.

Drive isn't much more than an hour, I'd either stay at Disney or stay at a hotel near the Tampa airport.

Thanks LewisC but do you have a name of any hotels. I know it is just a hour away but my DH is a "hurry up and wait" kind of guy who's comfort zone is being somewhere a hour ahead of the time needed. Trying to make his life and my life easier!

My point is I wouldn't bother with halfway, if your husband is that way I'd go all the way to TPA and make it very easy the next morning. I think there is a Marriott in the airport terminal, if that's too expensive try the usually sources for hotel near the airport.

The problem with getting to the tampa airport is Tampa, especially the I-4 -275 bottleneck. But if you want halfway, at I believe it is exit 18 in Lakeland, there are several just off the highway. Some I remember are La quinta, a holiday Inn, a Weslley(sp?) inn & suites ( i think they are currently running a $59 special, and a Baymont Inn. I think that exit has the greatest number of choices between highway 27 and Tampa. Hope that helps.

If you want a hotel close to the airport in Tampa, I would consider using Priceline. There are lots of great hotels close to the airport and Priceline has great prices. Go to www.biddingfortravel.com and look up what other people are getting in the Tampa area. I stayed at the Hilton and it was great. Close to the airport, a convienent shuttle, also there is a great mall across the street with super restaurants to eat in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter