Target Disney gift card nightmare

So, all the grocery stores in my area are sold out of Disney Gift Cards and I have some reward $ to spend on them. Anyone try to buy digital gift cards through Target. I figure I could use my Red Card and transfer the money to my checking acct.

BJ's online line has them at that price too. The $100 is $95.99 $5 more savings if you're buying 5.
The better deal at Sam's Club is the 3 pack of $50 for $142.98, that is a 4.68% savings and no trouble with activation. When I receive them I go right to Disneygiftcard.com and load them in.

Does anyone recall when Target has a sale on Disney GC (Thanksgiving time frame)?

The better deal at Sam's Club is the 3 pack of $50 for $142.98, that is a 4.68% savings and no trouble with activation. When I receive them I go right to Disneygiftcard.com and load them in.

Does anyone recall when Target has a sale on Disney GC (Thanksgiving time frame)?

Target does not have a sale on Disney GC. Usually the beginning of December, they will have a 10% off sale on Target GC. I would purchase the Target GC and use them to buy the Disney ones. Target's policy has been updated, and we can no longer use Target GC to purchase other gift cards.

Target does not have a sale on Disney GC. Usually the beginning of December, they will have a 10% off sale on Target GC. I would purchase the Target GC and use them to buy the Disney ones. Target's policy has been updated, and we can no longer use Target GC to purchase other gift cards.
They used to have sales around Christmas on Disney gift cards but they were sporadic. In 2015 (last time I remember) they had buy two $25 Disney gift cards, get $5 target gift card.

Right now the Swagbucks Best Buy deal is by far the best option for me.

Let me join the group of non-Disney messed up gift cards. Bought three phone cards yesterday and got a call from my dad that none of them are activated. I have the receipt and he has the cards, so I can't fix this until next weekend (or at least I hope I can fix it).

This really is unacceptable. Of course folks here are upset (understandably so) that the Disney cards they bought for themselves don't work. But what about gift cards actually given as gifts that aren't activated. Smaller amounts than the Disney stash, to be sure. But how many gift recipients are going to be like "hey, that gift you gave me didn't work". And then who gets that money? Target probably ends up with that somewhere on their balance sheet. Since they didn't activate the cards, I'd guess the money isn't going to the 3rd party merchant. And for those that never try to fix this issue (don't realize it in time, lose the receipt, give it as a gift), how much is Target pocketing?

I did successfully get my gift card issue resolved, but it wasn't easy. Of course the Target wasn't too keen on refunding phone cards that were already scratched off. I understand that, but how do you figure out it's not activated unless you scratch to get the numbers? The initial clerk (who couldn't do anything to help me, but chatted while we waited for the store manager) mentioned that they have limits on how many Master Card and Visa gift cards you can buy in one transaction and they had an issue a while back because of that (customer bought a bunch for gifts and only four of them activated but of course didn't find out until the gifts were given). He seemed genuinely concerned about that type of customer experience.

Anyway, store manager was far less sympathetic. Told me to call Virgin Mobile. I said, fine, give me your phone and I'll call right here so we can fix it. While I was trying to get through to Virgin Mobile (got hung up on three times and never was able to get a human on the phone), a cashier overheard us and mentioned that they were having trouble with the Virgin Mobile cards (something to do with old stock of cards) and that other managers were overriding to refund and destroying the cards. She very grudgingly started the refund transaction while I was still trying to get through on the phone. If that cashier hadn't piped up with additional info, I don't know what I would have done.

I do understand that the stores have to watch out for fraud, and I remained calm and solution-oriented. But she just wanted to push me out the door to call someone else. I guess if this hadn't worked, I would have called corporate. I also thought about a credit card dispute, but can you dispute on a store card? I mean, with major issuers you're disputing against the merchant. But here the issuer IS the merchant, so I'm not sure how that would play out.

To my original point from a week ago, I'm glad my dad wasn't embarrassed to tell me the cards weren't right. And I'm happy with the resolution. But how many other gift recipients are getting cheated?

So, all the grocery stores in my area are sold out of Disney Gift Cards and I have some reward $ to spend on them. Anyone try to buy digital gift cards through Target. I figure I could use my Red Card and transfer the money to my checking acct.

I did but that was back in April or before. It was a very simple, easy quick process. I immediately took them to the Disney gift card website and combined them on to a physical card.

I am sorry if this is in another thread somewhere, but I figured maybe I could ask about it here since someone mentioned buying Disney Gift cards with Walmart gift cards. When did Target stop allowing you to buy Disney gift cards with Target gift cards? I just tried this week and they said that their policy doesn’t allow it!
I was able to buy $1100 in gift cards for our last trip this way and if Target has changed the policy... I may not be shopping at Target much longer!

Should work just fine.

I am sorry if this is in another thread somewhere, but I figured maybe I could ask about it here since someone mentioned buying Disney Gift cards with Walmart gift cards. When did Target stop allowing you to buy Disney gift cards with Target gift cards? I just tried this week and they said that their policy doesn’t allow it!
I was able to buy $1100 in gift cards for our last trip this way and if Target has changed the policy... I may not be shopping at Target much longer!

It's been about 3 weeks I'd say. It's been on a few different posts here. You can no longer purchase gift cards with Target gift cards. You can still buy gift cards with gift cards at Walmart/Sam's Club.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/target-policy-changed-on-gc.3673403/

Purchased 5 $100 Disney gift cards from Target on 9/18 and when I went online to my disney gift card account to add and transfer, number not valid. Called the 800 number to learn they were never activated. Apparently the glitches haven't been fixed. Guess I'll be going to Target at noon today to fight this battle. :headache::headache::headache::headache:

Purchased 5 $100 Disney gift cards from Target on 9/18 and when I went online to my disney gift card account to add and transfer, number not valid. Called the 800 number to learn they were never activated. Apparently the glitches haven't been fixed. Guess I'll be going to Target at noon today to fight this battle. :headache::headache::headache::headache:

And that's why I'm reluctant to purchase from Target. I buy from Sam's Club on-line and never had a problem. The 3 pack of $50 costs me $142.98 or $571.92 for 4 packs ($600 worth) and no shipping charge. Target's $600 worth cost you (with Red Card) $570 plus going back and forth to the store to buy and complain about a KNOWN problem. Is the $1.92 you saved at Target worth the hassle? I buy at Sam's with no hassle.

And that's why I'm reluctant to purchase from Target. I buy from Sam's Club on-line and never had a problem. The 3 pack of $50 costs me $142.98 or $571.92 for 4 packs ($600 worth) and no shipping charge. Target's $600 worth cost you (with Red Card) $570 plus going back and forth to the store to buy and complain about a KNOWN problem. Is the $1.92 you saved at Target worth the hassle? I buy at Sam's with no hassle.
It is when I'm not a Sam's member :)

Update - Called Target's corporate gift card number 800-544-3875 (in case anyone needs it without searching) and they were able to look up my transaction with the receipt number and the gift card numbers. After a long hold they were able to confirm my cards were not activated and processing a refund. I'm not going to claim the issue is resolved until the money is back in my account but I have a case number and feel better about it all.

And, actually, granted you are using a credit card that it is almost guaranteed to have at least 1% cash back, Sam's Club ends up being a better deal. Of course, that is IF you have a Sam's Club membership.

And, actually, granted you are using a credit card that it is almost guaranteed to have at least 1% cash back, Sam's Club ends up being a better deal. Of course, that is IF you have a Sam's Club membership.

You are absolutely correct, I have a Sam's Club membership and I my CC gives 2 points for every $1 spent (100 pts redeemed = $1).
Therefore $600 worth of Disney GC costs me $560.48 and no shipping charge (and no hassle).

My question to the Target problem: why doesn't Target just activate the cards when the problem is discovered? Why do you go through the refund process and wait for that to show up on your statement?

Hi there! Wondering... Is your activation issue resolved? Same situation here :headache:Went online to consolidate (thank goodness)- and discovered that 2 out of 11 DGCs bought at Target yesterday at 2:15PM (over 24 hours ago) did not activate! After calling DGC customer svs & went back to store- spent about 40 minutes at store while they called into their internal bat line- was told by Target customer svs that that one rep otp suggested known issue (and DGC customer svs also acknowledged issues since summer w. cards bought at Target)... then transferred to another internal escalation point with an estimated 4 hour return call as they look into how to fix issue. Still unresolved and need to buy AP in time for FP selections on Monday- eek! I can only imagine what this might be like for someone who didn't check and tried to use at parks/cruise while on vacation- holy frustration! Fingers crossed this gets fixed by tomorrow!

You are absolutely correct, I have a Sam's Club membership and I my CC gives 2 points for every $1 spent (100 pts redeemed = $1).
Therefore $600 worth of Disney GC costs me $560.48 and no shipping charge (and no hassle).

My question to the Target problem: why doesn't Target just activate the cards when the problem is discovered? Why do you go through the refund process and wait for that to show up on your statement?

They told me there is no way for them to just choose "activate". It all happens at the point of sale....until it doesn't.

Hi there! Wondering... Is your activation issue resolved? Same situation here :headache:Went online to consolidate (thank goodness)- and discovered that 2 out of 11 DGCs bought at Target yesterday at 2:15PM (over 24 hours ago) did not activate! After calling DGC customer svs & went back to store- spent about 40 minutes at store while they called into their internal bat line- was told by Target customer svs that that one rep otp suggested known issue (and DGC customer svs also acknowledged issues since summer w. cards bought at Target)... then transferred to another internal escalation point with an estimated 4 hour return call as they look into how to fix issue. Still unresolved and need to buy AP in time for FP selections on Monday- eek! I can only imagine what this might be like for someone who didn't check and tried to use at parks/cruise while on vacation- holy frustration! Fingers crossed this gets fixed by tomorrow!

I have a case number and waiting for the funds to reappear in my account. If you haven't gotten an answer yet, I definitely recommend calling the corporate gift card line at 800-544-3875. They were the ones that were able to help me (well as in process the refund, not make it magically activated).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!