Teacher Discount

KAC

Earning My Ears
:wave:
Hi! I'm new to Disneyfan and this seems like a great site. I was wondering if anyone has heard of discounts for teachers at any hotels or for passes into the park. I hope that my question doesn't sound silly, I've never been to WDW. We are hoping to go in August 2003. Also, is it better to stay inside the park or outside? Do you think that I will be able to find deals on hotels in August? Where is the best place to get passes?

Thanks!

Kendall:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Welcome Kendall!

When I saw your post about discounts for teachers I got all excited and hoped it was one telling me there was discounts for teachers :eek: As far as I know there are no discounts.

This is the place to come with all your questions for sure! I stayed off site when I went to WDW (Holiday Inn Family Suites) I really liked it, and it was very close to the park( a shuttle was provided too) Check out the other boards and you will find info on discount codes and all that kind of stuff.

Happy planning!!

:wave:Hi Kendall, welcome to DIS. How long you are going for, and how many (and ages) of those headed could make a difference in your planning.

There are teacher discounts at the Swan and Dolphin hotels. They're deluxe onsite hotels for $129. A great deal. You'll find lots of info on the Resorts board. Although they are within DisneyWorld, the hotels are not owned by Disney (and Disney doesn't discount for teachers). In the past few years, there have been some (limited) discounts on Disney hotels, but they won't show up for months, if there are discounts at all. (Can't be guaranteed, sorry).

Coming to a DisneyWorld site, you'll have lots of people tell you that onsite is the only way to go. It's terrific, but offsite has it's benefits (if you have a car). Last year, we stayed at Downtown Disney, and had a blast, but the kids' favourite hotel is the Holiday Inn Family Suites (wish THEY had a teacher discount!). Check out the Orlando board for a more balanced view of onsite/offsite.

As for passes, nah, never discounts for the summer. I almost have to take out a loan to get them for my family of seven! :p . We always get ours at the Disney store, but I know that you can get them other places, too. Maybe others can help you with further ideas on those.

You are in for a treat! My guess, DisneyWorld will be everything that you thought it would be, and MORE! Have a blast planning, and ask lots of questions. If they is anything a Disney nut likes when s/he can't get there her/himself, it's to help others plan! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter