Teen Going To Disney - How to carry Money/phone

belle22

Mouseketeer
My Teen is going to Disney with a school group. What is the best way for her to carry money and her phone around the parks (rides).

Girls have so many more options than boys. A cross body bag is good. My son used one of those drawstring backpacks if he didn't have pockets with closures.

Went to Disney with my daughter's cross country team last month. Each student (boys and girls) brought a backpack. My daughter brought a smaller backpack, like a backpack purse. I always bring a small backpack, too. I just slip it through a leg on rides like Space Mountain or Everest, so it doesn't fly out. My bag is usually a little too big to fit in the pouch on the rides. Never lost anything yet.

Another vote for a crossbody bag here. Now that my son is a teen and I no longer need to be a pack mule that's what I use myself.

Tillys has a lot of fannypacks. Fannypacks among teens are actually popular. They are not big or stand out like the old style.

Running belts like FlipBelt is another option.

Lots of girls carry small backpack purses that are cute. Some are Disney themed like this one. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/458945018262542314/

m_58ab9696f739bc89e71c6868.jpg

I like this a lot!!! Having a water bottle holder in a bag makes life so much easier.
We love them and they’re really light and easy to carry. Perfect for phone, wallet, water bottle and autograph book.

I personally prefer a small crossbody bag. My 12 year old prefers a mini backpack when she's touring theme parks. She's used both one like the minnie one that is pictured above and also the really thin drawstring bags. She also has a cell phone case that is like a wallet, so every once in awhile she just puts some money in that and keeps her phone in her pocket. Depends on if she is wearing something with strong enough pockets that she doesn't have to worry about the phone falling out. But let's be honest - the phone is in her hands half the time anyways. :rotfl:

I have been able to get my teenage son to use one of these running belts - https://www.amazon.com/Expandable-Running at Hershey. He carried his phone, money and park pass in it and it fits under his shirt. I let his younger brother use it to carry his epi-pen last trip. Teen son said he'd be fine with his phone in his pocket... till he lost it on Stormrunner. Otterbox saved the phone, but next trip they will each have a running belt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!