Teen Going To Disney - How to carry Money/phone

Small fanny pack or running belt of some type, small cross-body purse, or drawstring/thin backpack. No large or heavy backpacks. Encourage her to think COMFORT over fashion. Typically when I see groups of teen girls traveling in packs - its OBVIOUS they have chatted before the trip about this issue - and they all look the same!!!

If her hair is long - ponytail or braid at the start of the day. Possibly a baseball cap that stays on the head all day (sun protection and helps avoid the bad hair look). Great sunscreen at start of day. No make-up - but maybe a lip balm in her pocket if it's November - February.

Really - my answer depends on TIME OF YEAR. If they are going between October and March - the nice thing about the string backpacks is she could put a sweater or pair of leggings in it if its going to be cold in the evening - and warm during the day. I've seen SO many teen girls just shivering in the evening if they didn't plan well and simply don't have enough clothes on to stay warm. Or - maybe she and friends could plan to rent a locker if this might be an issue.

In April - September - she wants to carry as little as possible. It's HOT. Lots of teens carry their phone and money/id/credit card in their pockets - with MB on wrist - and that's it. Just make sure if she goes with this route - she is taking clothes with good pockets for this. The little card wallets that stick to a phone are popular - just realize if she loses the phone - then she loses any cards in that, too. So - I'd recommend putting these in different pockets!

My daughter always carries a small cross body purse - it holds phone, portable charger and cord, wallet with money, lip stuff, midol and womans supplies.
You never know when those come in handy. She has shared with unprepared friends in the past. Forgot to mention she also tosses in a small travel size advil and a few bandaids. Unfortunately she inherited my clumsy gene.

Son just wore cargo shorts and put his stuff in his cargo short pocket.

DD and I like a small cross body bag. I've been using the same Coach one for 7 or 8 years. I don't use it in daily life but it's the perfect size for Disney.

I have been able to get my teenage son to use one of these running belts - https://www.amazon.com/Expandable-Running at Hershey. He carried his phone, money and park pass in it and it fits under his shirt. I let his younger brother use it to carry his epi-pen last trip. Teen son said he'd be fine with his phone in his pocket... till he lost it on Stormrunner. Otterbox saved the phone, but next trip they will each have a running belt.
I love this. My son is a runner so I'm getting him one!

My son just went on a school trip and I got a card ninja and attached it to back of his phone case. He kept cash in their.

Since she is going with a school group and may not have ready access to go back to the room on her schedule I would look for a small lightweight backpack to carry things around. I always have a water bottle, sunglasses, hat, small pack of wet wipes, lip balm, travel brush, coin purse, feminine products. I also throw in a spare tank top because you never know when you may spill and nobody wants to have a stained shirt in a photo! The shirt can also come in handy during the hottest part of the year when you are sweating like nobody's business.

My DD likes to take photos and video while on rides, which I am fine with as long as her phone stays in the waterproof case around her neck. It is clear and touch sensitive, so she uses it a lot without having to take it out of the pouch. She likes big phones, little pockets, and no purse, so this works best for us.

I'm another vote for a running belt. I carried my iPhone 7+, ID and cash in a Flipbelt in May and I'll be doing the same this year...sits under my clothing so you can't even tell it's there.

For a girl: Small cross-body purse
For a boy: Cargo pants with a pocket that closes securely

For both: A small ziplock bag to keep phone (if you're carrying one -- I sometimes don't bother) dry during water rides

Things not to bring: Water bottles of any description. They're heavy, and no one wants to drink lukewarm water. Instead, just ask any vendor for a free cup of ice water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter