Teenage boy

tink20

DIS Veteran
Do you think it’s too embarrassing (for the teen that has been private about girls, but is getting serious about one and about to go to college) to buy some protection for him and just leave it in his room.

This was so much easier with my daughter (or at least that’s how I remember 😂 it’s been 8 years)

Do you think it’s too embarrassing (for the teen that has been private about girls, but is getting serious about one and about to go to college) to buy some protection for him and just leave it in his room.

This was so much easier with my daughter (or at least that’s how I remember 😂 it’s been 8 years)

how would you know what kind he likes Or the girl likes or what they want to try Lots of different kinds. Just tell him I’m buying you some condoms what kind do you want. The only thing you probably know is his size.

flavored
Texture
Glow in the dark
And lots more

I think you could talk to him about using it and offering to buy it for him.

I asked my son his thoughts and he said he'd be more comfortable if it was coming from his dad than his mom. But I think he'd be open to talking about it to his mom, as long as it wasn't in a judgemental way.

I think you could talk to him about using it and offering to buy it for him.

I asked my son his thoughts and he said he'd be more comfortable if it was coming from his dad than his mom. But I think he'd be open to talking about it to his mom, as long as it wasn't in a judgemental way.
This exactly. My DS’s father gave him a case on condoms for a Christmas present when he was 17. It was hilarious

I can tell you what my parents did. They had a box in a drawer and my brothers and I knew they were there. If we ever needed one we could take one without any questions asked. I think that was a good approach I plan to emulate when my own son is old enough to possibly need one.

Whether or not the kid would be embarrassed really depends on the kid.

I don't have sons just daughters. But at one point I gave them each a box of condoms and let them know they could always ask me for more if they needed. No clue if they used them or not, they never asked for more.

Let him get his own. My husband's parents tried the drawer of condoms in the bathroom thing with him and it skeeved him out.

I brought it up casually when my then high school senior son and I were in the car talking about things we still needed to get for him for college.
I asked if we should add condoms to the list. He laughed and said he would get them on his own if he needed them.
I felt I had done my mom-duty, but kept the awkwardness to a minimum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!