Teenage boy

If they have a car to make out in, couldn't they also drive it to 7-11 for condoms and a Slurpee? And yes, I certainly understand the point, I just chafe at the juxtaposition of these young people being too infantile to handle one thing, yet able to handle the other. And the idea that young people don't have an awareness of birth control if their schools don't do a good job. Is this the only thing they don't learn on the internet?
What's the harm in buying a box of condoms though? It doesn't matter what "makes sense" to adults, if the reality of the situation is that having a box provided will help, then why not? I don't need to analyze it.

Geesh, if the mother buys her son's protection, the poor kid will be thinking about mom when he pulls out the goods!
Just tooo weird on so many levels!!

I haven't read this whole thread, but as a college professor (whose office is in the middle of a dorm) I can tell you that condoms are readily available on college campuses. RAs at my institution keep a basket of them outside their doors, they're given out at hall meetings, and the student health center has them as well. There are many, many ways to get them without having to ask, buy, or having it be known that the student got them.

I'd say the main thing to do is keep the lines of communication open, so that a) he knows that he needs to use them, b) he understands consent and everything around it, and c) he feels like he can talk to you if something happens or he has questions. So many of my students use their peers for advice, and they get BAD advice from their peers!

How about the lady behind the counter at CVS making the condom transaction, etc. Does the image of whoever hands over the condoms creepily come lurking back into their psyche right as they're getting ready to do the deed? Most people aren't having those hang ups or they get over them rather quickly.

I am certainly not thinking about my GYNO's at that moment. And they are both much more up in my business than someone handing me a box of condoms.

What's the harm in buying a box of condoms though? It doesn't matter what "makes sense" to adults, if the reality of the situation is that having a box provided will help, then why not? I don't need to analyze it.
Why not indeed - it was actually the OP analyzing whether or not it was weird. The rest of us are just participating in the conversation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter