Tell me about check-in

Jennasis

DIS life goes on
We've booked a package, with park tix, through the USO website. So when we check in at CBBR, will they print our park tickets out then and there at the desk or do we have to go to one of the kiosks by the park entrance? We aren't planning to do parks on our arrival day (since we won't get in until 4/5pm, we were going to head to CityWalk for the evening.

And, am I right in thinking we will have a room key card, park ticket cards, potentially EP cards if we purchase it, as well as our usual credit cards and ID's to carry around? We have lanyards (hopefully USO will get on the magic band train at some point).

Thanks!

I was at CBBR in February, so my info is somewhat dated. You will go to a separate desk in the CBBR lobby to print your tickets. There may even be machines. EPs were recently changed to just the room key cards for the deluxe resorts, but I think you are correct that if EPs are purchased by moderate or off-site guests the EPs will be separate cards. I'm pretty sure you can link park purchases to your room key, so you would not necessarily need to carry your credit card.

Thank you for asking this, I was wondering the same thing. I am so lost because all I have from the website is a generic confirmation. The reservation information isn't interactive like on the Disney website when you purchase a package. I didn't know if there would be paper tickets, how to link my tickets/reservations to the Universal app, or the best way to carry tickets without losing them or getting them wet.

My suggestion is to call the hotel direct

Talk to staff that work the front desk for check ins

They would be able to tell guests w/packages what will be included at check in

Some years back at the deluxe, everything was issued to the peeps
(Tickets, etc) at check in time

Knowing in advance takes the edge off your trip planning

I have not stayed at Cbay or seen any threads that are current to answer your questions

And agree the present UO website is not helpful for info on quite a few things

And, am I right in thinking we will have a room key card, park ticket cards, potentially EP cards if we purchase it, as well as our usual credit cards and ID's to carry around? We have lanyards (hopefully USO will get on the magic band train at some point).

Shuddering at that last sentence.

And yes, that's about the list of what you'll carry. I include my health insurance card. And I carry the relevant cards at wdw too, even if wearing the plastic bangle, because it's just prudent.

I didn't know if there would be paper tickets, how to link my tickets/reservations to the Universal app, or the best way to carry tickets without losing them or getting them wet.

No linking. No need.

Witz brand waterproof hard plastix lanyard pouch from rei or Amazon etc. Buy lanyard at Uni in a style you like. Spongebob, Harry Potter, whatever strikes your fancy. Done. Everything at your fingertips.

And just like Disneyland and how wdw used to be, the tickets are paper with Tyvek and are nicely water resistant. But get the nice pouch anyway.

Funny...the magic bands are the only part of Disney's my magic plus system I like. I'm not a fan of FP+.

But we also liked wearing lanyards so no problem with that. We do include our insurance cards in the pouch too.

I have the older lanyard wallet the UO made

Use it everyday I'm in the park

Have my ap and room card key in the window of it and in the zipper part is money

If we don't have express passes, is a lanyard recommended?

When we didn't have EPs, I didn't bother. You just need the tickets to get in the park initially and if you go on the Hogwarts Express. I kept ours in my wallet.

We have lanyards (hopefully USO will get on the magic band train at some point).

[/QUOTE]

My 'magic' band is my Apple Watch. Give me a compatible app and run it on something I wear all day every day.....I'm on board with that.

Curious! Why are the USO folks opposed to magic band type tech for the parks? Is it the idea of wearing the band (like tapu tapu)? I have said many times on the Disney boards that I would be ALL OVER a ring. LOL. Like the Wonder Twins!

Curious! Why are the USO folks opposed to magic band type tech for the parks? Is it the idea of wearing the band (like tapu tapu)? I have said many times on the Disney boards that I would be ALL OVER a ring. LOL. Like the Wonder Twins!

My Watch goes on before my feet hit the floor in the morning and it comes off when I lay back down at night....I am one with the Watch and the Wat......you get the picture. Me and anything else on my wrists just don't gel. I'm sure I'd get over it real quick if it was in the name of the Wizarding World, but my preference would be a fully integrated iOS/Android app.

My Watch goes on before my feet hit the floor in the morning and it comes off when I lay back down at night....I am one with the Watch and the Wat......you get the picture. Me and anything else on my wrists just don't gel. I'm sure I'd get over it real quick if it was in the name of the Wizarding World, but my preference would be a fully integrated iOS/Android app.
Not sure I'd dig having to pull my phone out constantly, but I see where you are coming from.

Ahhh, that's where it being Apple Watch compatible would come into play.
No way am I shelling out the $$$ for an Apple watch (particularly since I'm an android gal, but the premise remains LOL), when the resort gives me a band for free. But it would be nice if, like you said, there was an option to use your own watch/device in lieu of the band for those who prefer their own. And I like that they've started making different items, like the clip on puck.

Oh, i can think of a few

I'm of the if it ain't broke don't fix it. Appears U is tinkering away though, darn it.

Many regulars enjoy the lack of planning involved with an onsite stay @ U. The value of FOTL perk cannot be underestimated. No fuss, no muss, no FP hoops to jump through that were selected 60 days prior.

You visit WDW enough, you're going to have an issue or two with a malfunctioning magic band. Nothing like being in the park & an issue arises. Now, we make sure to enter with some $, CC, AP & DVC discount cards, DL = needing a lanyard type wallet as well as the MB.

Many people wear a watch daily, if not a fitness tracker, & don't necessarily want to wear yet another band.

Lastly, many fear that U may become more like WDW, versus keeping it's unique vibe & identity. A magic band would be a solid step in that direction IMO

Oh, i can think of a few

I'm of the if it ain't broke don't fix it. Appears U is tinkering away though, darn it.

Many regulars enjoy the lack of planning involved with an onsite stay @ U. The value of FOTL perk cannot be underestimated. No fuss, no muss, no FP hoops to jump through that were selected 60 days prior.

You visit WDW enough, you're going to have an issue or two with a malfunctioning magic band. Nothing like being in the park & an issue arises. Now, we make sure to enter with some $, CC, AP & DVC discount cards, DL = needing a lanyard type wallet as well as the MB.

Many people wear a watch daily, if not a fitness tracker, & don't necessarily want to wear yet another band.

Lastly, many fear that U may become more like WDW, versus keeping it's unique vibe & identity. A magic band would be a solid step in that direction IMO

I am by NO means suggesting any type of FP system at USO. I detest FP+ wholly.

But having something you can use to open your room, charge to your room, get into the park, acts as your express pass and doesn't need to be dug out of my wallet or pocket constantly would be nice. Or as was suggested above, integrating it into the app on your phone so you just use your phone for all those things. Or a Fob that clips to your lanyard...

I am by NO means suggesting any type of FP system at USO. I detest FP+ wholly.

But having something you can use to open your room, charge to your room, get into the park, acts as your express pass and doesn't need to be dug out of my wallet or pocket constantly would be nice. Or as was suggested above, integrating it into the app on your phone so you just use your phone for all those things. Or a Fob that clips to your lanyard...

Will file it under it's what you're used to using/personal preference. I'm going to guess you haven't had any/many issues with your MBs over multiple visits. Even though i have purchased 'cool' ones in an attempt to embrace them; still not a fan. IMO the larger ones now are even more annoying/restrictive on a small wrist.:bitelip:

I attempt to disconnect as much as i can from technology while on vacation. I am shackled to my iphone due to family obligations back home, otherwise it would stay in the hotel room.

Most people you see @ U know the drill: you wear a lanyard with a clear pocket so it can scan. Many hints here as to ones that work well. I loop mine thru my belt loop & stuff in pocket. Has nice zippered compartment for all the backup cards i mentioned in previous post. Use it in both parks handily.

Not saying your wish list is wrong, you raise many points that woud appeal to many, just saying it's surely not mine;)

If this is your first visit especially, enjoy!

We've booked a pack age, with park tix, through the USO website. So when we check in at CBBR, will they print our park tickets out then and there at the desk or do we have to go to one of the kiosks by the park entrance? We aren't planning to do parks on our arrival day (since we won't get in until 4/5pm, we were going to head to CityWalk for the evening.

Thanks!
Hi I booked my package through USO as well. When we got to the Universal desk at the airport, we received a package with our park tickets, party passes,maps and coupons as well as the Star Shuttle vouchers. Had we had EP passes, they would have been in there too! When we got to the hotel to check in, we received our room keys. We got there around 11:30 and was able to get a room right away! This was also our no park day. We did the lazy river and headed over to City Walk, watched a movie, ate at Toothsome and just took in the atmosphere! Nice relaxing way to use a travel day! Here is a picture of what the voucher package looks like, the actual tickets and cards were in those labeled slots:
univoucher.jpgunivoucher1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter