Tell me about Lounges close to MK

kwdw

DIS Veteran
For my trip in about a week - I'm debating about visiting one of the indoor Lounges at a monorail resort (Poly, CP, GF) for a light dinner and a drink between about 4-6 pm on a Thursday. Do they typically have waits for a seat (I'll be solo)? Trader Sam's looks like fun - but is it still a long wait or has that died down some? Any suggestions?

Trader Sam's is fun, but we've always gone 20 - 30 minutes prior to opening to ensure we are in with the first wave of people. You could always sit on the outside patio if the wait is too long. You could try the new Enchanted Rose lounge at GF or sit at the bar at the Wave or the lounge in Cali Grill when they start dinner service at 5 pm.

Enchanted Rose Lounge at GF is really cool and offers something different. Trader Sam's is also great but can be really hard to get a spot inside especially later in the evening!

If you want to go to Trader Sam's you can get on the waiting list and then head over to Tambu Lounge and start off with a Lapu Lapu and maybe a Tambu Mixed Grill Kebab or Crispy Chicken Spring Roll.

Really enjoyed Trader Sams. We have been there at opening (arrive 45 minutes before), and arrived at 8 pm with only a 10 minute wait.
haven't been to Enchanted Rose yet, but it looks nice and enjoy listening to the Jazz band. Its very crowded often, but the lounge area at California Grill is good.
We are DVC members and love top of the World Lounge.

Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge. Place is great. Solid drinks and the cheese fondue is awesome.
Territory is my favorite of the MK-area lounges, despite not being on the monorail. (I also haven't been at the rebooted Mizner's yet, so YMMV.) There was a brief time when the menu tried to get ambitious and it wasn't all that great, but I think that was short-lived. Geyser Point may depend a little on the weather; I've only been there in February when it was really nice most days.

The bar at The Wave gets an honorable mention, as they serve the full menu if you want something more substantial. The bartenders are super friendly here too. But, I still prefer TL.

The Tiki Terrace for TS's at the Poly or Tambu are faves of ours. It's not always easy to get a spot, but Cali Grill has a lounge, so you can get all of the atmosphere of CG without the ADR. If you don't want to head up there, we've had fun at Outer Rim. It's in an odd little spot, but being in that busy area, it's kind of fun to sit there and people watch. At the GF, I'd rather be in the restaurant lounges. It's been a while, but I know we liked the bar area at Narcoosee's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!