Tell me about starwars weekend..

momoftwins98

Earning My Ears
I have never been during this time and I'm not sure what to expect. Will there be characters from the movies walking around the whole time? Or is it just certain days that certain characters will be there?

I went for this last year because my 21 yr old DS is a big Star Wars fan. The Star Wars events are on the weekend. If you want to meet the stars and get autographs you get to MGM way before it opens and you get in line to wait to get a number and a time assigned so you can wait in line again later in the day. We skipped this as DS did not think it was worth getting up early for. There is a parade with stars and characters that we really enjoyed. Around the Star Tours ride there are characters walking around and posing for pictures. You can also get special Star Wars pins, a different one every day, but the lines for those were really, really long and DS decided to skip it. The only crowds were around the Star Tours ride. A lot of the fans were dressed in costume and everyone was having a great time. A plus for the non-fans in the group is that there are great things going on at EPCOT at the same time.

Originally posted by Wenda
If you want to meet the stars and get autographs you get to MGM way before it opens and you get in line to wait to get a number and a time assigned so you can wait in line again later in the day. We skipped this as DS did not think it was worth getting up early for.

Seriously??!! Is this for the actual actors/stars only or is this true for the characters as well? My son is only 6 so his interest is in the characters only. Please tell me we won't need to be there at the crack of dawn and stand in two different lines for every character?

Lisa

QuickGold thanks for the link.

What I'm still unsure of is the availability of the characters. For example, on May 28, 29 & 30 Anthony Daniels(C3PO) will be at MGM, will this be the only day C3PO is visible in the park, not meaning Anthony Daniels as the actor but in general?

Thanks.

To meet the celebrities, you will have to get there early. Last year they did 2 signing sessions each day with 60 people per celebrity per session. That means first 120 people in line for each person will get the autographs. Depending on how long that takes, standbys are also given bands. They are not garunteed anything. You can get bands for both if you are at the front of the line. Some celebrities are more popular than others, so they may be easier to get an autograph from. Last year they would only autograph the provided pictures and nothing else. I understand that this depends on the actor but you may not want to carry something extremely valuable in hopes of getting an autograph.

For the characters, normal lines just like any other Disney character will apply. They were out for most of the day in shifts so that there was always someone out but they were not out in the sun for too long. There were cool backdrops set up last year so that you not only got a character but a nice scene behind you as well.

There was no C3PO walking around last year, but there were R2D2 And C3PO statues that you could take pictures with. The only time he was in a parage was when he was being carried by Chewbacca.

The WWTBAM star wars editions were extremely cool, which the characters and some actors and all Star Wars trivia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter