Tell me about your resort Pixie Dust that you have received!

The only times we were upgraded was during the Covid mess. Long stories, but for 1 trip we had 3 ASSp and 1 CS rooms booked (extended family) and got the best upgrade ever to the Poly, which then turned into studios at the Poly.

For another trip we had about a month later we had again booked ASSp, which turned into a family suite at AoA, which then turned into a 2 bedroom SV at AKL.

We also had a 3rd upgrade from ASMo - AoA, regular room last winter/spring.

We felt beyond lucky with the first 2 upgrades and it was awesome...it also really probably did them a favor as well because we've since spent the money to stay at the Poly again which I highly foubt we would have done without the first stay.

Nov 2019 upgraded from little mermaid to Nemo suite
Nov 2020 on our DVC upgraded from standard studio at Saratoga to 2 bedroom dedicated at Saratoga! It was incredible

The very first time we went was with our daughter who was about 1 1/2 at the time. We had waffled between staying at Coronado, which was much more affordable for us, or splurging for the convenience of the Contemporary given our daughter’s age. We ended up deciding on the Contemporary, and booked into the garden wing with a garden view room. When we were on DME, I got the notification that our room was ready. I looked it up, only to find out that we had been upgraded to a tower theme park view. To this day, it remains the best room we have ever had on property. It was such a great way to take in our very first trip to Disney World.

Just to be real: although we've had one really good resort pixie dust, most of the time we get nothing special, not even a basic room request. Even the few times I made minimal requests for really special circumstances, I was completely ignored. Milestone birthdays, big anniversaries, childhood major surgeries, nada.

I have been going to WDW since the '80s. So 4 decades worth of experience. But I still go.

So everyone just know that pixie dust is completely random and probably not going to happen. Carry on.

May 2019, checked into BWI club level, just my son and me, and we were given a two-bedroom suite. It was very nice, but we spent the trip feeling guilty we weren’t spending more time in the room!

September and October 2020 had reserved 1-bedroom villa at Beach Club and were upgraded to 2-bedroom - again, just two of us. January 2021 upgraded to 2-bedroom at Riviera from 1-bedroom.

But, like post above mine, when I make a simple room request, like first floor, I never receive it.

Just to be real: although we've had one really good resort pixie dust, most of the time we get nothing special, not even a basic room request. Even the few times I made minimal requests for really special circumstances, I was completely ignored. Milestone birthdays, big anniversaries, childhood major surgeries, nada.

I have been going to WDW since the '80s. So 4 decades worth of experience. But I still go.

So everyone just know that pixie dust is completely random and probably not going to happen. Carry on.

same. Never upgraded. But we book what we want to stay at and are fine with it. Usually Pop.

Once. Honeymoon in 2005. We scrimped and saved for the Beach Club and booked a standard room. When we checked in the CM told us our room was on the 5th floor. My eyes bugged out...that the Club level isn't it?? He smiled and told us to have a magical stay. It was a CL room overlooking Crescent Lake and the Boardwalk. DH and I were like two little kids in the lounge with all the free stuff.

We’ve gotten a couple good upgrades over the years, but the BEST ONE was when my sister and I booked a last minute weekend at GF. Like, I think we booked on Thursday for check-in Saturday because they had a pretty good passholder rate and we had never stayed there.
we arrived around 5pm, after Check-in time, CM says our room isn’t ready. So we were disappointed, but what are you going to do? She says “let me call room assignment, see what’s going on”
while she’s on the phone, she tears up the resort map she was going to give us, gets off the phone and says “wow you got a really good room!” our last second, garden view room became a main building CL room with a theme park view. It was spectacular. just look out the window, there’s a castle!

We’ve had 3 doses of pixie dust in over 25 trips

1- booked a gv room at the Polynesian for Disney marathon & DH’s 50 th birthday. Upgraded to a castle view room!

2- booked YC garden view room. Upgraded to YC GV CL room

3- Massive pixie dust- booked 4 rooms for kids, grand children and my mom for a once in a lifetime all expense paid trip for all 17 of us. booked BC garden view rooms. All 4 rooms upgraded to BC GV CL!!!!!

We were upgraded from AKL standard view to savannah view last month. It was so magical!

The cast members always seem to find a way to provide a bit of pixie dust. I've gotten free hotel upgrades and free churros. I always love just those spontaneous positive interactions with cast members out and about in the parks.

My favorite pixie dust story though is heading to the Indiana Jones queue in Disneyland for a 60 minute wait, and having some other guests offer their fast passes to my party. I used to try and give away a few fast passes every time I'd go to Disneyland because it really made our day. I guess with Genie+ though that's no longer possible... :(

The cast members always seem to find a way to provide a bit of pixie dust. I've gotten free hotel upgrades and free churros. I always love just those spontaneous positive interactions with cast members out and about in the parks.

My favorite pixie dust story though is heading to the Indiana Jones queue in Disneyland for a 60 minute wait, and having some other guests offer their fast passes to my party. I used to try and give away a few fast passes every time I'd go to Disneyland because it really made our day. I guess with Genie+ though that's no longer possible... :(

Unfortunately, that stopped being available at least 4 or 5 years ago, when they started making people scan their ticket and their fastpass (Disney linked them). We used to give away our fast passes when we couldn't use them either...

It's been 20 years since we received it, but we checked into the GF for 3 nights and they upgraded us to club level in the main building. We were so afraid it was a mistake, we didn't say anything. But I think it was because one of the buildings was completely closed due to renovations. That was SUBLIME! The nightly treats, shrimp/prawns the size of salad plates. Just incredible. Nothing will ever top that for us.

2013 - booked standard view at POR, given a river view
2018 - booked standard at CSR, upgraded to preferred
2019 - booked standard at BWI, given garden view
2019 - (split stay) booked standard at Beach Club, upgraded to club level

Also, in 2016, we were staying at BCV on rented DVC points and, though there's not really leeway there to change the category of room booked, I'm almost certain the cast member changed our specific room assignment when we checked in. I had received a text not 5 minutes before checking in that our room wasn't ready yet (we happened to be in the car pulling into the resort). Went to the front desk and told them I knew the room wasn't ready, I just wanted to get a parking pass. CM told me to hold on, walked away for a little bit, then as she was walking back I got my "room ready" text. She came up and smiled and said "you have a room." This was when BCV was in the middle of being refurbed. Not only did we end up with a refurbished room, but it had a GIANT balcony. My kids were so thrilled when they saw it and spent a lot of time playing on it while we were there. Great memories.

Best pixie dust I ever got was when we were staying at grand Floridian for one night and they upgraded us to the Victorian Suite in the main building club level. Was a massive room and so pretty. Was totally shocked and didn’t even know these type of rooms existed before staying there

Last trip I was upgraded from garden view to water view at Beach Club.
Trip before that I was upgraded from water view to club level water view at Yacht Club.
Trip before that a CM at Art of Animation went into their system to grant me a digital achievement I was supposed to already have on the Play Disney Parks app.
Trip before that was Boulder Ridge. Nothing happened that trip. :upsidedow

Last year, my gf and I rebooked our doomed May 2020 trip at Poly to May 2021 and added GF RPC as a treat because it was my 40th birthday trip. She’s Canadian though and the border situation at the time meant she couldn’t go with me. I was heartbroken but she encouraged me to still go solo to treat myself. There was no CL available, so I changed to outer building TPV when discounts came out and split with YC. All I wanted was to wake up on my birthday and see the castle from my room.

Well, when I got my room ready text at MCO I almost dropped my phone on the floor. They put me in the main building. Ironically, in the very same room category that we had originally booked, deluxe king. RPC was not open of course but it was still amazing. I’ll never forget seeing that sunrise over the castle from my balcony.

I rented DVC points in 2018, 2019 and 2020. Stayed at Old Key West and Saratoga Springs and each trip we were upgraded and not sure why. The Saratoga Springs stay we were upgraded from a 1 bedroom preferred to a 2 bedroom preferred. There was only two of us, but it was still a nice surprise. At Old Key West I was upgraded twice from a studio to a 1 bedroom on two different stays. That was wonderful because the 1 bedrooms at Old Key West are HUGE. Don't know why we got lucky but it was great.

I was booked at CSR, but they needed rooms for a convention. Disney left a voicemail for me to return their call. They asked if they could move my reservation to GF, keeping the same rate. I was also upgraded at SSR from a studio to a 1-BR, twice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter