Tell me about your water bottle!!

pat fan

Sad my tag won't fit :(
So I was all set to do the free cup of water and stick to that, now hubby says order water and we'll carry it. Aargh! Too late to order really, so I was thinking of gringing a water bottle and carrying that andcrefilling it. What takes the bad water taste away, and does the free water you can get taste bad?

I was looking at a Brita or Lifestraw. Both on Amazon. What do you all use?

Hydroflask. I prefer ice stays ice and quick service water doesn't taste funky to me.
Do you use ice from the machine at the hotel? Or jyst the ice water from QS?
Brita filter bottles, all the way. They're not super lightweight, but they take all the funk out of nasty tasting water.
I was leaning that way (it's only $10) but some said it leaked and was hard to drink from. I assume you have good experiences, correct?

I was leaning that way (it's only $10) but some said it leaked and was hard to drink from. I assume you have good experiences, correct?
Yes, we love them. I get the hard sided ones, though, not the squeezers. You have to suck up through the spout of course, because of the filter. Now, I have had the filter come unhooked from the lid, but it's no trouble to fix that at all. It's happened twice in 6 months. I buy mine at a local discount closeout store. I figure, we can just keep refilling them with QS water.

Brita will address the flavor of water for water that is already potable (even though some of us may want to debate whether the water at Disney is potable based on the taste :) I find the bottle to be fine, so far and light weight. Anyway, Lifestraw is what you put in your bug out bag or maybe an emergency kit in your car or take with you when you go camping. Lifestraw is overkill unless you plan to drink from the seven seas lagoon while at Disney IMO.

often I actually fill up at Starbucks in the morning because I'm a coffee addict and it's easy to get ice water there. When I was staying at fort wilderness I just asked for enough ice waters at quick service to fill it up.

And periodically use quick service water or water fountains to top off.

Then I'd do table service for lunch and use my last ice water refill to fill up again. (Ice melts really really slowly in hydroflasks even in Florida. So the ice stays in place all day unless I munch on it which I usually do in the morning- thus the reason for restocking during lunch.).

Another vote for Brita bottles. I can't even brush my teeth without gagging at the resort but I could drink it no problem after it went through the Brita filter. We fill with ice and water in the morning, then refill with QS ice water and drinking fountain water after we finish or to top off.

I use a hydraflask. Either a 24 or 32 oz size depending on day plans. I fill it with ice from hotel and then water from gallon jug from store. During the day, I just grab a cup of ice water from QS spots to top off.

If I add cold water to it all day, my ice will last all day.

I don't taste anything in the water from the QS spots.

I use a hydraflask. Either a 24 or 32 oz size depending on day plans. I fill it with ice from hotel and then water from gallon jug from store. During the day, I just grab a cup of ice water from QS spots to top off.

If I add cold water to it all day, my ice will last all day.

I don't taste anything in the water from the QS spots.
That's not a filtered bottle, correct?

No they are not filtered. So far there has been no need to because the water from QS spots is already filtered.

BTW, you need to update your 4 rings.

BTW, you need to update your 4 rings.
They don't have the new one out yet....and I'm waiting for next year to add #6 :duck: :tiptoe:

So the QS places don't need the "flavor" removed? Is it just the water fountains? How about the ice in the machine/bins at the resorts? Does anyone use that for your water bottles? Or is there a way to get some from the Food Court?? Do they also give free water?

They don't have the new one out yet....and I'm waiting for next year to add #6 :duck: :tiptoe:

So the QS places don't need the "flavor" removed? Is it just the water fountains? How about the ice in the machine/bins at the resorts? Does anyone use that for your water bottles? Or is there a way to get some from the Food Court?? Do they also give free water?
I've used the ice from the resort ice machines, but not without it being in the Brita bottle. It was find filtered through there and mixed with tap water from the room. I think you can get water from the soda fountain at the food courts, but don't quote me on that.

I've used the ice from the resort ice machines, but not without it being in the Brita bottle. It was find filtered through there and mixed with tap water from the room. I think you can get water from the soda fountain at the food courts, but don't quote me on that.

Food courts/any food/bar will give you free ice water just in a set water cup, so you have to ask for a fee to fill one water bottle.

I am not positive but I think you can access Water but not ice at the soda machines. Could be wrong? Maybe it's the other way around? The soda cups have a bar code that enables the machine to work. But you can just ask any counter for ice water and they'll give it to you no problem. Every single resort has counter service of some kind and I was never without ice. Even late because then I could go into a bar and ask for ice.

I don't think I liked how the water fountains taste but if I'm thirsty enough I will drink any water, and it was so hot when I was there. Soda machine water tastes like table service water. It's filtered because it's the basis for the soda- if the water is off, the soda will be off.

Where are you staying? At DVC resorts, there are cases of 12 oz bottles dansani for about $6. If you want to do the water bottle route and not the brita, that is.

Where are you staying? At DVC resorts, there are cases of 12 oz bottles dansani for about $6. If you want to do the water bottle route and not the brita, that is.
POP. Pretty sure the values don't sell cases of water, at least the AllStars don't. But thanks for the thought!

So I was all set to do the free cup of water and stick to that, now hubby says order water and we'll carry it. Aargh! Too late to order really, so I was thinking of gringing a water bottle and carrying that andcrefilling it. What takes the bad water taste away, and does the free water you can get taste bad?

I was looking at a Brita or Lifestraw. Both on Amazon. What do you all use?

This is what I have.

http://www.gocontigo.com/20-oz-autospout-ashland-chill-water-bottle.html

I can put ice in it in the morning and it is still cold till 3ish even in the middle of summer. the oping is big enough you do not have any problems getting the ice in

there is a cover that goes over the other pice so no worry about what might touch it on rides

The mouth pice cover locks if I feel like it needs it.

one hand oping for the mouth pice.

you use it like a strowl no hard bitting on the mouth pice to get the water ( or what ever you have in it out)

spill proff

easy to carry

Hydro Flask all the way... Ice lasts at least twelve hours. I have never had funky tasting ice or water on any of my eight trips. We fill up with ice from the machines at the hotel and water from the hotel room, then stop at fountains or quick service for refills. You could always bring Mio drops if you want something in case you don't like the water.

To me, the free water doesn't taste any different from bottled water. We don't worry about bringing water bottles with us. We bring gallon sized ziplock bags for the cups so they don't spill in our park bags on rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter