Tell me the "weather" where you live.

Well here in Chicago area, Last Wednesday was hot, Thursday hot and rain, Friday hotter, Saturday and Sunday stupid hot and ridiculously humid :faint:.
Oh, and did I mention it was hot here :eek:, like a desert, but without the sand and palm trees and way more humid.
I gotta say though, still beats cold and snow.

I'll take heat over snow and ice any day. I have A/C that works very well in my home and car. Yes I may be hot for 5 minutes when I walk into a store - but I am not falling down in ice. I hate when I am trapped in a location because of snow and ice. I can drive thru heat.

I spent years while living in Texas hearing about how people in the North knew how to handle snow. Bullhockey - When I lived in Pittsburgh the entire city shut down during a blizzard. Even banks and churches were closed. I got stuck downtown one year on St. Patrick's Day and had to go to my sleep in my office. No buses, no taxis.

Plus heat is about 20-25 degrees above comfort level. Cold can be 50-70 degrees below comfort level.

Here in De today real temp 94 heat index 105

I would take the cold and snow over the heat any day, you can always put on more clothes and only so many you can take off, especially working in construction.
Yes I can always put on another layer Get too hot and can only go down so far. Comedy is pretty.

I believe it was 82%. Real feel was 101. I was working inside with no a/c, and temp in there was about 80. Concrete we were pouring was 89 at time of placement, 1 degree before we had to stop pouring.

Anyone else have a big cold spell?

End of July in StL is usually 90s and terrible humidity. Today it hasn't been out of the 60's. 66 right now and overcast. DS was complaining about the cold and was wondering if I was going to turn on the furnace... in July.

Forecast doesn't have it over 80 until Wednesday.

Wierd.

j

End of July in StL is usually 90s and terrible humidity. Today it hasn't been out of the 60's. 66 right now and overcast. DS was complaining about the cold and was wondering if I was going to turn on the furnace... in July.

Wierd.

j
No, still hot in Tn. 66 sounds great!

Wierd.

j

I wish. Still in the mid 90s here in Central Fl and figure in the high humidity and the heat index is in the low 100's.

Here in NW VT. it is 72 now, with a RF of 72. Today’s high is 84, with a low of 63. After 3 weeks of highs in the upper 90’s this is nice.

Historic rains and flooding overtaking Central and Southeast Wisconsin over the last week and a half. The Milwaukee River is threatening to reach it's highest level ever recorded in the next 48 hours or so. Roads are closed in many areas, tornados ran through a couple small towns last night, and the Milwaukee River flooded over the road into the small inland lake in our neighborhood, completely submerging the beach and sending our neighborhood pier floating out into the middle of the lake.

All the while, I had a tree come down onto my neighbor's house last Tuesday (minimal damage, thankfully), another that fell into our yard on Sunday (covers 2/3 of the lawn and will take me a couple weeks to clean up), and a failed sump pump and flooded basement Monday morning.

Oh...Mother Nature!!:crazy:

38 here in NW Vermont this morning. High of 64 with a low of 47 tonight.

Up to two inches of ☔️ expected tomorrow with a high of 63.

Thunderstorms for us next few days. Was getting pretty dry here so it's a welcome event.

We were just talking about it was still 73 degrees when we got up. Sun hadn't even come up yet. I'll take 73 over 38 any day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter